EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 01-04-2008, 12:40 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Clickcure using potions

This might have been discussed before, in which case I was simply too daft to find it.
Could someone please explain to me how I can configure my clickcures to use potions?

From the fetish faq:

Quote:
Q: How do I edit the spells cast by ClickCures?

A: The ClickCures feature attempts every known cure, from highest level spell to lowest. Its was developed several months ago so some spells might no longer be apropriate and other may need to be added.

You can edit the list of spells cast by opening _Fetish_mainhud_cures.xml in Notepad. Each button attempts to cast all spells under them, in the order they appear in this file. To remove a spell, simply delete that line of code. To add a spell, copy/paste an existing entry then edit the spell name to match the exact spell name desired (caps matter).

Note: The first spell in the list that your toon has scribed and ready to cast will be cast. Spells later in the list will only cast if the earlier spell is unscribed or still refreshing. To simplify editing, ClickCures was not made class aware, so you should include all cure spells for any toon you play.

and how profit handles it:

Quote:
The way curing works can be configured in the file _ProfitUI_Cures.txt in your ProfitUI folder. Open it in your favorite text editor, e.g. windows notepad. The file looks like this (going over it in segments):

ONLY EDIT THE FILE WHERE I COLORED IT BELOW

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Name="ProfitUI_Cures">

<Data Name="CancelSpellcast" Value="false"/>
Setting this to false causes cures to queue with other spells (or cures). Setting this to true gives cures precedence and will cause any ongoing spellcasts to be cancelled if you click on a click-to-cure button so your cure will cast immediately.

Quote:
<Data Name="TraumaPotion" potionvdl_1="-1126736947" potionvdl_2="-292985664"/>
<Data Name="ArcanePotion" potionvdl_1="-569252760" potionvdl_2="-1940923547"/>
<Data Name="NoxiousPotion" potionvdl_1="1586543327" potionvdl_2="544446557"/>
<Data Name="ElementalPotion" potionvdl_1="-1018033522" potionvdl_2="528994112"/>
For curing yourself the UI can use potions you have in your inventory if you do not have a cure spell. You can define two different potions for each cure type. The first one potionvdl_1 takes precendence over the second one potionvdl_2 (if both are found in the inventory). Preconfigured should be T6 master and T7 grandmaster potions (on the updater it is now T7 grandmaster and T8 expert potions).

To configure your own potions, you will need to enter that potion's VDL number. For example, if you want to use a Master's Arcane Remedy, look up the item in any link database (e.g. eq2llinks.com) and you get: \aITEM -569252760 -1028373465:Master's Arcane Remedy\/a. The first number, marked in yellow, is the VDL number (ignore the rest). Replace the preconfigured number with that one.

Quote:
<Data Name="Assassin" TraumaCure="NONE" ArcaneCure="NONE" NoxiousCure="NONE" ElementalCure="NONE"/>
<Data Name="Conjuror" TraumaCure="NONE" ArcaneCure="Cure Arcane" NoxiousCure="NONE" ElementalCure="NONE"/>
You can edit it line by line. Each line is for a specific subclass. Find the line for the class you want to edit. Above I only show the lines for Assassin and Conjuror as examples, the file of course contains lines for all subclasses.

An Assassin has no cure spells at all and therefore it is written NONE for every one of the four cure types, indicating to the UI that no spell should be cast. If you are trying to cure a friend, noting at all will happen. If you are trying to cure yourself, the UI will try to use the potions you defined above if it finds them in your inventory.

A Conjuror has by default only Cure Arcance for curing arcane impairments. For everything else by default a potion is used. However, you may have decided for your Conjuror to get the Cure Elemental spell via AA. In this case replace the NONE above by Cure Elemental.

Note: You are not limited to entering cure spells here, theoretically you could also enter any other spell name, thereby gaining an additional quick button. These buttons are limited to one spell/CA per button though.

After making changes to the file you will need to exit and restart EQ2 for changes to take effect.

PS: Click-to-cure buttons do not light up on the raid window.
It looks nothing alike, so I figured I can't just start copy&pasting..however it's exactely what I want. Have the option to cancel spellcast and clear the queue for a cure and use my toon's spells if available - potions if they're not.

I don't want to switch..I love my ui! Thanks a lot
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The bit you quoted is from the old version of Fetish's click cure (the one that had that big window that popped and and used all group cures and such, yeck).

Here's what you have to do for fetish:

First you have to do some research. Find the 4 cure potions and link them and then look them up in your logs.

You'll have something like this:
\aITEM -569252760 -1028373465:Master's Arcane Remedy\/a

The first number (here, -56925276) is called the vdl and is important, the second number can be ignored -- its a data integrity check.

Once you have the 4 VDLs you need, open up the fetish window and search for useabilityonplayer. There should be for of them. Replace that (and the parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure <whatever> with "use_itemvdl <vdl>" where <vdl> is that number you found for that potion.

Your player window will then be using the potions of your choice (provided you have them) instead of trying to cast spells.
Unread 01-05-2008, 08:01 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Thanks for your help..however, is there any way to only use potions if my toon has no spell cure available? Either because he doesn't have it or because it's on a timer?
And to give the cure priority, i.e. cancel current spells cast?
Basically what the profit does.

Simply adding the vdl line doesn't seem to be working..

Quote:
useability Ardent Resolve
useability Devoted Flagellant
useability Catechize Arcana
useability Retaliate Arcana
useability Arcane Aid
useability Cure Arcane
use_itemvdl -1940923547
Plus, you lost me with the "paren.parent" thing
Unread 01-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

What version of fetish are you using? The current version shouldn't look like that, it should simply have "useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure Arcane" (for arcane) and so on. If you're using the one that still has that window pop up (or if you do have the current version of fetish, but install it over an old version you may still have that window. make sure you're opening up eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml and not the old, depreciated fetish cures file).
Unread 01-05-2008, 09:49 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ah. I was trying to edit the _fetish_mainhud_cures.xml.
Found those lines in the eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml..so is there a way to change it to what I want or is it only either cure spell OR potion with fetish?

(and thanks again )
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

There is a command to stop casting (and if you did it twice it should clear the queue I think) -- I just forget it off the top of my head.

As for it auto-detecting if you can use the spell or not... I'm not sure about that. I suppose in theory if you try to cast the spell and then use the potion, it should work... ie if you can cast the spell, the potion wont work since you're currently casting. In the opposite case, the spell will do nothing since you don't have it and so the potion will be used.

You'd have to modify the lines to be something like this:

OnPress="stop_casting
stop_casting
useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure <whatever>
useitem_vdl <number>"

Notice that it's ok (and required I think) to have the commands on separate lines, but you have to have the entire block quoted or it won't work one bit. I'm not sure if stop_casting is the right command for that, but thta should be easy enough to verify in-game.
Unread 01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Trauma" Name="Cure1" OnPress="cancel_spellcast
clear abilityqueue
useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure Trauma
useitem_vdl -292985664
target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Trauma"></Button>
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Arcane" Location="14,0" Name="Cure2" OnPress="cancel_spellcast
clear abilityqueue
useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure Arcane
useitem_vdl 1940923547
target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Arcane"></Button>
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Noxious" Location="0,33" Name="Cure3" OnPress="cancel_spellcast
clear abilityqueue
useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure Noxious
useitem_vdl 544446557
target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Noxious"></Button>
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Elemental" Location="14,33" Name="Cure4" OnPress="cancel_spellcast
clear abilityqueue
useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure Elemental
useitem_vdl 528994112
target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Elemental"></Button>
I'm getting there..it cancels spells now but still won't use my potions.
Unread 01-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

See what happens when you remove the useabilityonplayer line (ie if it uses the potions then).
Unread 01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default potion cures

<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Trauma" Name="Cure1" OnPress="use_itemvdl -1199379400 ; use_itemvdl -292985664 target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Trauma" />
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Arcane" Location="14,0" Name="Cure2" OnPress="use_itemvdl -633056365 ; use_itemvdl -1940923547 target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Arcane" />
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Noxious" Location="0,33" Name="Cure3" OnPress="use_itemvdl -544446557 target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Noxious" />
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Elemental" Location="14,33" Name="Cure4" OnPress="use_itemvdl -885373083 ; use_itemvdl -528994112 target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Elemental" />

this is what I have atm for my click cures for potions..my noxious remedy is not working and I have the item in my bag but yet it tells me I do not.....any clues? The reason I got two numbers on the others minus the nox is I read somewhere it would use any of the ones I have listed but yet it does not :/
Unread 01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabyah View Post
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Trauma" Name="Cure1" OnPress="use_itemvdl -1199379400 ; use_itemvdl -292985664 target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Trauma" />
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Arcane" Location="14,0" Name="Cure2" OnPress="use_itemvdl -633056365 ; use_itemvdl -1940923547 target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Arcane" />
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Noxious" Location="0,33" Name="Cure3" OnPress="use_itemvdl -544446557 target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Noxious" />
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalTooltip="Elemental" Location="14,33" Name="Cure4" OnPress="use_itemvdl -885373083 ; use_itemvdl -528994112 target_previous" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="12,12" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Elemental" />

this is what I have atm for my click cures for potions..my noxious remedy is not working and I have the item in my bag but yet it tells me I do not.....any clues? The reason I got two numbers on the others minus the nox is I read somewhere it would use any of the ones I have listed but yet it does not :/
Yep I can tell you why... you have "use_itemvdl <number> target_previous" -- you're missing the ; after the <number>
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:55 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Removing the useability didn't solve the problem - still won't use potions.
Adding ";" didn't change anything (thought I'd try, even if it wasn't directed at me )

I tried your mod as well since I was intrigued by the grp-clickcure. But the buttons are so tiny and that won't incorporate cure potions either.
Thanks for all the help though, maybe zonx will find a way to make it work like with the profit.
Unread 01-16-2008, 08:17 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Your problem is that you misspelled the command, it is

/use_itemvdl

Sometimes it's the little things. (and blame lordebon of course, he mistyped it first )
Unread 01-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Your problem is that you misspelled the command, it is

/use_itemvdl

Sometimes it's the little things. (and blame lordebon of course, he mistyped it first )
Yeah I see where I typo'd the first time, but it's correct in later posts :P
Unread 01-16-2008, 12:41 PM
A Forest Scavenger

gnargaarghl

That did the trick. Won't use alternatives though, i.e. no arcane potion if the toon has a cure arcane spell. Only the first in line.
Great to finally get it working