EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 01-31-2005, 09:12 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Mainchat extent from bottom issue

I'm tweaking some UI and my last issue is which setting will let me drag and extent some (main) chat window from the bottom - the default I have can only be extended from the top of the frame - I want to be able to do it from the bottom but it won't extend - been playing with various settings but it is not working...

Would appreciate some pointer if anyone knows what to set or change for this to work.

Cheers,
Unread 02-01-2005, 01:58 AM
A Grove Wisp

I need to do this because the chat is on top of the screen so I need to increase the size vertically I need to be able to drag the lower part of the frame - unfortunately, the chat window can only be vertically increase from the top with my current setting....if someone knew the trick/setting - that would be great.

Thanks.
Unread 02-01-2005, 03:16 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

First possible issue: Resizable windows don't always load at the correct size when you log in, so the points where the game thinks the frames are and where it shows you might be different. Right-click the window and show then hide (or hide then show) the frame and titlebar to reset it.

Second possible issue: Each window that's resizable uses 5 pixels in from each edge that the cursor can grab to resize. Certain objects will block this area. If you're running a custom chat window that has the input bar all the way at the bottom of the window without any space, then it would prevent resizing from the bottom.

Hopefully one of those will work.
Unread 02-01-2005, 03:28 AM
A Grove Wisp

Thanks again.

I just solved it by increasing the size of the FRAME - very weird as I could increase the size vertically by dragging the top of the frame upward - but now I can resize from every corner and sides - kinda mysterious but at least it is working