EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Maps Help: Starting from the 1st step!

Good Day Folks..

Im total noob to EQ and to the Interface stuff.. In game someone told me to get the Maps installed, from here.. It would make my EQ2 life much easier! Well, that was about 4 days ago.

I have not been able to find easy to follow instructions on installing the program that downloads the maps to my EQ2 game. Once downloaded, how/where to install, once installed how to configure.. Am totally lost! YES I searched using keywords *I* thought were accurate only to come up with 100s of hits or none.

I downloaded UIBuilder.zip and dropped it into 'G:/EQ2' folder (I have a separate hard drive for games, not partition, physical fast HDrv.). That is as far as I have gotten. Inside the Archive is a 'EQ2_UI_Customization.doc' which had one mention of 'map', on a search, but didnt relate to actual EQ Maps. So, no leads from that doc.

I did manage to find 'Howto: Install an Interface - EQ2Interface' at http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293.. Im interested in maps tho, not making my interface diff at this time.

Can Someone Please help me get my ducks inna Row??

Peace and Much Thanks.. Lynlee

Last edited by Lynlee : 04-30-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Title Fix
Unread 04-30-2008, 01:43 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You need to download this http://www.eq2interface.com/download...nOfficial.html first before you can get the maps to show ingame.

Further instructions can be found on that link on how to install

If you still have problems, feel free to post about it.
Unread 04-30-2008, 01:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

UI builder is for people want to write their own interface stuff. If your just a user and your browsing interfaces follow the instructions given for the interface. You dont have to created stuff just make a folder and an .ini file. Also if u use an special interface currently ie profitui or fetish and have an eq2.ini file already for that just download and install the automap updater and it will autodownload into the folder that is the being used for the special interface.
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

maximoz & dansherrill , Good Day!

Much thanks for the Right URL, it made ALL the difference in the World!! The person that gave me the URL in game, gave me the wrong one.. ::snicker:: Oh well.. Being a Noob is not EASY!

Maximoz, I now have it installed and so far it appears to be working just fine! Since I am new to the game, the challenge of finding the simplest things (like where to buy drink & food), has been frustrating! The maps are fantastic!

Dansherrill, my friends and family call me a nerd, I may very well give designing my own interface a shot.. However, that wont be for awhile, since learning this massive game is challenge enough for me just now!

Thank you both very much for your input..

Peace... Lynlee
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:44 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Your welcome

Look up this link http://www.eq2links.com for most of you eq2 needs