EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-14-2022, 02:14 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Question UI Problem

Recently I moved a Caracter to the Maj'Dul Server. Ever since then, ny UI won't stick. I have to type /load_uisettings every single time I log out and log in again.

I did contact EQ2 and they told me to delete a list of files, which I did, and relog back in. I did everything they said, it worked for a day, now it's back again, and I have to keep doing the/load_uisettings thing.

I have 13 other characters, on different servers, and NONE of them are doing this, only this one that I moved to this server.

Is there any other thing I can do to fix this issue? Here is what it looks like every time I log in:

https://ibb.co/qYwh6dQ
Unread 11-14-2022, 02:57 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Log out of the game completely, then in your main EverQuest II folder find the uisettings file for the character that's giving you trouble. It should be named something like
Maj'Dul_Kelvend_eq2_uisettings.xml
Delete the file or move it to another place such as the Desktop, then log back in on Kelvend. You will have the default UI layout. Use /load_uisettings to load an alt's layout, or rearrange your windows as needed. Then type /save_uisettings. Back in the EverQuest II folder, you should now see a new copy of Maj'Dul_Kelvend_eq2_uisettings.xml. Log all the way out and back in, and you should not have to type /load_uisettings again for that character.

Unread 11-15-2022, 04:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Hi:

Ty for the reply. I followed your instructions to the "T", 3 times and it did not work. I moved the old file to another file folder that wasn't even in the game folder.

I deleted the file when I was out of the game, logged in, used one of my alts uisettings, because they are all the same. It created the file. I did the
/save_uisettings.

Logged out and back in, and the windows like shown were all over the screen. Then while i was IN game. I opened the game window. Deleted the character uisetting file again, it was in the trash. Then I used /load_uisettings and selected one of my alts and saved it as directed (the new file popped back into the directory) . It set it up. I camped all the way out to desktop, logged back in, and it was all the windows everywhere on the screen again.

I just went ahead and made me a load uisetting macro for now. I don't know how else to fix it. Only thing else I can figure to so is delete every single file in the all the game folders with that characters name on it... just don't know.

Last edited by trixlette2 : 11-15-2022 at 04:38 AM.
Unread 06-12-2023, 08:17 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default cannot load Darqui

in my load ui settings darq doesnt show.. and I am back to the default in EQ2 how do I get my darq back
Unread 06-12-2023, 03:40 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Type /loadui and look for DarqUI Unified in the list that appears.