EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 09-27-2022, 12:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Unable to start DarqUI Unified

Hi,

Since yesterday after trying to update the darqUI using darqUI unified, the application closed and is no longer be able to start. No process spawns and no window appears (also no error). I have checked the log file and tried to reset
the windows registry and user data files by deleting them manually but nothing
changed. So, from my point of view i am unable to run the application or reset
the system to a state of where the app never was executed.

Is there any clean why to reset the darqUI unified application from my site or get the application running again? The log file at the ui folder of EQ2 does not
show any negative log entry or fail report.

Thank you for your great job, the darqUI really fits my requirements to play my
beastlord.

Kindest regards,
nihylum.
Unread 09-27-2022, 05:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Close the utility, then in the address bar of File Explorer type %LOCALAPPDATA% and press Enter. In the location that appears, you should see a folder called \DarqUI_Unified. Delete the folder, which will reset the utility as if it were never opened. Then try opening the utility again.
Unread 09-27-2022, 06:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Close the utility, then in the address bar of File Explorer type %LOCALAPPDATA% and press Enter. In the location that appears, you should see a folder called \DarqUI_Unified. Delete the folder, which will reset the utility as if it were never opened. Then try opening the utility again.
I did that already, did not help.
Unread 09-27-2022, 11:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've also checked the Windows Event Manager if there is any Error or Warning for the time frame (system) or an application event towards DarqUI. There is nothing.

Any ideas?
Unread 09-27-2022, 02:49 PM
A Griffon

have you maybe check your anti-virus program. Sometimes it gets picked and blocks weird programs.

It blocked me from opening it one time, because i forced it to run as Administrator.

After Darq told me that I didn't need to do that. I unchecked the Admin box, and it works perfect now..

I mean you know that Darq guy, he does have weird stuff in his UI files.
LOLOLOL

Just kidding Darq. Love the program and keep up the great work. It's the best one on eq2interface.
Unread 09-27-2022, 03:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliki7676a View Post
have you maybe check your anti-virus program. Sometimes it gets picked and blocks weird programs.

It blocked me from opening it one time, because i forced it to run as Administrator.

After Darq told me that I didn't need to do that. I unchecked the Admin box, and it works perfect now..

I mean you know that Darq guy, he does have weird stuff in his UI files.
LOLOLOL

Just kidding Darq. Love the program and keep up the great work. It's the best one on eq2interface.
yeah, i also disabled the security software and tried it, no changes.
Unread 09-28-2022, 10:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Also unable to /loadui darqui as of 9/28/22

I also am unable to load DarqUI as of 9/28/22. When I type /loadui I only get the option to load the default or default blue UI.
I found an old post about updating my eq2.ini file in the main EQ2 directory and have done that with the following code - but still no luck loading DarqUI.

cl_ui_skinname DarqUI_v3
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wolf
Unread 09-28-2022, 01:16 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanNYC View Post
I also am unable to load DarqUI as of 9/28/22. When I type /loadui I only get the option to load the default or default blue UI.
I found an old post about updating my eq2.ini file in the main EQ2 directory and have done that with the following code - but still no luck loading DarqUI.

cl_ui_skinname DarqUI_v3
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wolf
this sounds like you might be installing /darqUI in another location? Do you have more than one location for Eq2?

The Utility can determine and find where the eq2 folder is, but cant location multiple locations. Make sure you see the correct path where you want the /Ui to install to..

If you place the Darq Utility and notify apps in the Everquest2/Ui folder. Then the Utility will install in that location. you can create a shortcut from this location for the desktop or attach it to the taskbar.

If that doesn't help, then Darq will have to take the time to figure it out. but that's where I have mine located, and I also have another eq2 for testing purposes on another drive and i place another copy of the utility in that folder on the other drive. I just have to open the other drive to update that folder. cuz it won't update the other installs of the game.
Unread 09-28-2022, 04:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliki7676a View Post
this sounds like you might be installing /darqUI in another location? Do you have more than one location for Eq2?

The Utility can determine and find where the eq2 folder is, but cant location multiple locations. Make sure you see the correct path where you want the /Ui to install to..

If you place the Darq Utility and notify apps in the Everquest2/Ui folder. Then the Utility will install in that location. you can create a shortcut from this location for the desktop or attach it to the taskbar.

If that doesn't help, then Darq will have to take the time to figure it out. but that's where I have mine located, and I also have another eq2 for testing purposes on another drive and i place another copy of the utility in that folder on the other drive. I just have to open the other drive to update that folder. cuz it won't update the other installs of the game.
I only have one installation of EQ2 and the UI is installed in the UI folder. Tried getting ProfitUI to work and couldn't get it going either. I WAS able to get EQ2maps working. But... Mystified by this...
Unread 09-28-2022, 05:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I only have one installation of EQ2 and the UI is installed in the UI folder. Tried getting ProfitUI to work and couldn't get it going either. I WAS able to get EQ2maps working. But... Mystified by this...
I am seeing an X Error message next to "Download the DarqUI custom interface" when I try to reinstall. Hm...
Unread 09-28-2022, 05:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I am seeing an X Error message next to "Download the DarqUI custom interface" when I try to reinstall. Hm...
Mystery solved. My firewall was preventing me from downloading the DarqUI files. I disabled my firewall, clicked update, and everything downloaded and installed properly. GAH!!! Crazy-making! LOL
Unread 09-29-2022, 07:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

My mystery isn't solved yet! ^^