EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-28-2022, 07:48 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default DarqUI and blueprint crafting feature

OK, I have completed the crafting timeline for VoV and the quest "When, Were, Where", I am a long standing All Access member in EQ2 and I have updated Darqui and maps. I have the Achievement "Blueprint Tradeskill System" in my currency on both of my accts. I have crafted a pristine item as required before being able to use Blueprint. I start to craft the second item but still No blueprint Icon on that crafting table screen. Am I missing something? Is there an update I need to make this work? All of the above is what Denmum requires to do it but still no Icon to do it. I have done everything EQ2 requires so now I am thinking it must be a UI issue, Please help. BTW, I am a level 125 character also.
Unread 05-29-2022, 02:55 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Check for updates with the utility and make sure you have version 3.013 of the Tradeskills window. It won't be an icon, it will be a checkbox at the bottom of the window.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	utility-updates-tradeskills3.png
Views:	801
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	9533  
Unread 05-30-2022, 12:12 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Check for updates with the utility and make sure you have version 3.013 of the Tradeskills window. It won't be an icon, it will be a checkbox at the bottom of the window.

Yeah, I know it's a check box. However my Darqui update screen does have the same thing yours does. I even checked the box to accept the 3013 and updated again. But when I go in game to craft, the check box still does not appear at the bottom, after I have made the pristine item. I closed the craft screen after making the pristine item and reopened it, the item was still selected. But no check box shows for blueprint at the bottom of the screen when I click Create. When I go into the default UI, it is there and I can do the blueprint, but I do NOT want to use the default ui. I have even done a file scan to verify assets to see if that might fix it, but nope, it did not. Kind of lost now what to do, I hope you can help me. I tried turning off my Antivirus program and
updating Darqui again and still no check box after creating a pristine item.

Last edited by wnkibok : 05-30-2022 at 12:23 AM.
Unread 05-30-2022, 07:59 AM
A Griffon

DarqUI may be installed in two different places on your PC. Click "Open Game Directory" in the LaunchPad, and "Open in File Explorer" in the utility and make sure they are both pointing to the same game folder.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	launchpad-gamefolder.png
Views:	1161
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	9535  Click image for larger version

Name:	utility-gamefolder.png
Views:	1068
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	9536  
Unread 05-30-2022, 02:10 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default DarqUI abd blueprint crafting feature

Ok, I did check that and both are pointing in same direction. Should I uninstall DarqUI and get a clean install?
Unread 05-30-2022, 05:12 PM
A Griffon

Before you do that, let's try one more thing. Check for updates with the utility, then right-click Tradeskills and "View in Notepad." Search for the term "Blueprint" and tell me how many times it appears in the file.

Unread 05-30-2022, 10:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

RowTemplate="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.dropdown_template" ScrollExtent="94,32" Size="94,32" Style="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.style" />
<DataSource Name="QtyDropdownDS">
<Data Name="1" text=":695e75127c231048:1" />
</DataSource>
<Text Font="/TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle" Location="-1,436" Margin="1,1,1,1" Name="QtyText" PackLocation="left,bottom" ScrollExtent="78,16" Size="78,16">:695e7512a6252dec:Quantity:</Text>
<Checkbox BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="86,453" Name="BlueprintCheckbox" PackLocation="cfc,bottom" ScrollExtent="90,20" Size="90,20" Style="/CheckboxStyles.widget_check">:f:Blueprint</Checkbox>
</Page>

This is the only place I saw blueprint.
Unread 05-31-2022, 06:13 AM
A Griffon

That's the Blueprint checkbox. If there is only one copy of the game on your PC, the only thing I can figure is DarqUI is installed twice and the wrong one is getting loaded. In game, type /loadui and look in the list for more than one custom UI.

Unread 05-31-2022, 12:07 PM
A Grove Wisp

Ahh, you are a genius!! I have 2 copies and was using the wrong one. I can't tell the difference in the /loadui screen, so should I delete one? How do I know which one to delete in my files?
Unread 05-31-2022, 01:31 PM
A Griffon

Go back again to the Files page in the utility and click "Open in File Explorer." The folder that opens is the one that has been getting updates. In the address bar click UI and you will see this folder and at least one other custom folder name.

If you have not configured your UI heavily, the cleanest thing would be to log out of the game and close the utility. Drag and drop both custom folders (red arrows) onto the desktop. Then reopen the utility and let it do a fresh install.

If you have done a lot of custom configurations that you'd rather not redo, post again and I'll show you how to copy those into the new installation.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ui-folder.png
Views:	761
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	9537  
Unread 05-31-2022, 02:35 PM
A Grove Wisp

Here's the thing, I am an altaholic so I just went thru my toons on Antonia Bayle server which is where I play mainly now and I have like close to 25 toons there and just updated all of them. They now all have the blueprint function working. I have 3 accts so that is a lot of toons to go individually and update again with a new install. See folders below this is what I have in the UI folder at this time.
Darqui
Darqui_3129
DarqUI_v3

The Blue icon and purple Icon you have for Unify and notify.exe, I had added to the DarqUI_v3 folder

Last edited by wnkibok : 05-31-2022 at 02:37 PM. Reason: add more
Unread 05-31-2022, 06:06 PM
A Griffon

If everything is working now to your satisfaction, then I would leave it as-is unless you just want to clean up the UI folder. For players with a similar situation who may come to this thread for info, I'll show you a way to differentiate between custom UIs in the /loadui window.

In each of your three DarqUI folders, there is a file called eq2ui_skininfo.xml. This file can be opened in Notepad, and it contains the UI description that appears in the /loadui window.

Open eq2ui_skininfo.xml in each folder and find text="DarqUI Unified". Change the text between the double-quotes to something unique like "DarqUI v3129" (see image). After you have changed at least two of the three skininfo files, type /loadui in-game and you'll be able to see which copy has all of your settings.

Now you only need to do two more things: 1) On the Files page of the utility, make sure the Custom UI folder line is pointing to the correct folder (hit Browse if you need to change it), then 2) move or delete the other two folders from \UI.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	skininfo.png
Views:	744
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	9538  
Unread 06-01-2022, 03:33 AM
A Grove Wisp

You are so knowledgeable and very helpful, I really appreciate the time you took to help me. I have deleted the old folder and now have everything working. Thank you so much.