EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 05-14-2020, 09:57 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via ICQ to utaeladil Send a message via AIM to utaeladil Send a message via MSN to utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to utaeladil
Default TNAME not working how I'd like in the quick click buttons

I am a necro, and I use the quick click REZ button all the time for group and raids... so recently I thought it would be cool to make it say something like this:

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice! Rejoin us in the land of the living!

So I know that TNAME passes player name... if I put a SPACE after TNAME it works, but then looks like this:

Beetle juice, Beetle juice, Beetle juice! Rejoin us in the land of the living!

If I omit the SPACE then it simply says TNAMEjuice, TNAMEjuice, TNAMEjuice! Rejoin us in the land of the living!

I also noticed that if I use an exclamation point that it acts strange too... it actually omits the next word after the exclamation point... so actually, it would say
"Beetle juice, Beetle juice, Beetle juice us in the land of the living !" - and where its getting the extra SPACE at the end before the exclamation point is beyond me.

I tried placing a minus sign or dash instead of the exclamation point, but in-game it translates the - to a 0 (zero)…

So I am just having all kinds of trouble with this. Is there a way for me to use TNAME and immediately append a word without any spaces so it all runs together?
And can an exclamation point be passed along as text at all, or is that some kind of command that's asking your script to do something else? (Same with the DASH?) Also, parenthesis don't seem to work at all either...it simply ignores everything inside of it and doesn't send any of it... maybe that's reserved for notes or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

(Obviously the player names will not be BEETLE, but for instance, if the player is named Sunshine then I would like for it to read: "Sunshinejuice, Sunshinejuice, Sunshinejuice! Rejoin us in the land of the living! <NECRO REZ INC>" or something. Thanks!
Unread 05-15-2020, 11:41 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Everfrost

I've noticed this too, Darq.
Unread 05-19-2020, 02:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You can use non-alphanumeric characters in your messages, provided you enclose them in single-quotes (apostrophes). So in your example, if you are willing to use the character's name without "juice" suffixed, you could type:

TNAME TNAME TNAME 'Rejoin us in the land of the living! <NECRO REZ INC>'

Everything that is not the TNAME alias goes between single-quotes. The thing you cannot do is concatenate the TNAME alias with any other alphanumerics. If you use the default macro facility (Socials window) you can use %Tjuice to get Sunshinejuice. But because the custom Group window commands are essentially being processed twice, spaces before and after mnemonics are required.

From DarqUI Help:

Using symbols If you want to draw more attention to the chat text associated with a spell icon, you can use characters that are not letters, numbers and spaces. Any symbols from the keyboard can be used, but they must be wrapped with single quotes. For example:

'--==++<<< You have been J-Capped! >>>++==--'

If you use any of the mnemonics (TNAME, SPELL, TGROUP, TSLOT), you must make sure they do not end up between the single-quotes, otherwise they will be interpreted literally. The following example will work correctly. Note that the mnemonics are isolated from the rest of the text with spaces:

'*** Casting ((' SPELL ')) on ' TNAME ' ***'