EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-26-2005, 10:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I love this UI my only problem is when I hold my curser over a item in my invent or even a spell button nothing comes up, I get a black box with the icon but no info Any help on how I can fix this to be able to see the stats on items would be great
Unread 11-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

Interesting.

Double check your UI\Dracokyn folder for the following file:

eq2ui_examine.xml

If it's in there, delete it. (Warning - if you're using other add-on's, it may break those pieces - in that case, I'd rename the file to eq2ui_examine-OFF.xml so you have a backup.)

Hope that helps, rawr!!

Wulfy
Unread 11-27-2005, 12:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok I did not have that file in the Ui folder, and no I am just running this UI no other add ons.

Still have the same issue sadly
Unread 11-27-2005, 10:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I just wanted to say THANKS!!! for the updates. Moving the text on the XP bars makes seeing the incremental progress bar much easier.

Nice touch with the new orb patch as well.

Thanks again!

Fersnizzle on Lavastorm
Unread 11-27-2005, 12:14 PM
A Coastal Crab

I have a question about the skill icons: Is it possible to reset them to the old size? I managed to change the border size back to normal, but the animations or rather pictures are still small...

Other then that this is an amazing UI and I'm glad you are keeping it up to date!

Thank you for your time,

I.
Unread 11-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza2222
I have a question about the skill icons: Is it possible to reset them to the old size? I managed to change the border size back to normal, but the animations or rather pictures are still small...
I assume you mean the hotkey's? If you want to reset them to the default size, go to the UI\Dracokyn folder, and rename eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey-OFF.xml

I don't plan on doing much with the size of the hotkey bars until after LU 17, since they've announced they plan to implement dynamic resizing of the hotkey bars with that patch. (which will be a nightmare for some UI designers, I think)

Cotannah, not sure why you're having that issue. The eq2ui_examine.xml file is the one that controls the tooltips when you mouseover something. I've tried, and I can't replicate your issue - if you can, post your ui.log file from the EQ2 and/or Dracokyn folder, that should help me narrow it down.

RAWR!

Wulfy
Unread 11-28-2005, 01:26 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Everfrost
Default Additions/Corrections

Thanks Wulf. I so much appreciate the filling orbs. They look great.

As to the problem with the Loading screen being off-center, as far as I can tell, it's only off-center when I have the UI overlay on. Then, it's up in the upper-left corner. I use 1280x1024 resolution. If I am camping to the character selection screen, the UI overlay is gone, and the Loading art is exactly centered.

Hope this helps with the centering issue.

Once again, THANKS.
Unread 11-29-2005, 11:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hello!

I downloaded your UI tonight and carefully followed the instructions for installing it and EQ map afterwards. I got logged into the game just fine and the UI is loaded but I went to hit ALT+O to get the options menu to unlock my windows so I could move them and the options box is not visible. I can tell its there cause I can see tooltips pop up but I can not see it. I also can not right click to get window settings to try and make it visible.

When I logged out and back in again EQ Maps was not loaded and I had to use the updater again to download all the maps it had already downloaded.

I love the UI I just need my options window back hehehe

Any suggestions?

Keri
Unread 11-30-2005, 12:53 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Mistmoore

Wow,

I love the update on the target bar casting orbs...well done with this UI..I absolutely love it!

Keep up the good work and thank you for puttin in the time and effort. I know many of us really appreciate it!
Unread 11-30-2005, 11:43 AM
A Griffon

Default Live Update 17 will force Custom UI updates

I read on the EQ2 forums that the next LU will make it so no custom UI's will work. If this is true, can I assume the wonderful individual(s) that maintain this UI will update it?

I am not using this UI at the moment. Still using the "Fenix Arcane" version but want to swap to this as Fenix isn't eally supported anymore and this looks almost exactly the same.

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks =)
Unread 11-30-2005, 11:48 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

You heard wrong. Nothing about LU17 prevents custom UIs from working.
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 11-30-2005, 12:06 PM
A Griffon

Here is the link I was referring to:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=10987

I hope you are correct.. Either way it looks pretty obvious that this UI is pretty well supported.. That is very nice to know :-).

Will be installing it tonite ..

Be safe all!!

Last edited by Drunder40 : 11-30-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Unread 11-30-2005, 09:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I spent over an hour with Sony Tech support only to conclude that this UI broke my Options window and iam now stuck with a long reinstall and repatching process to fix my game

I really love T.kings art work and what you did with this UI but there is deftinally some kinda bug Haveing to reinstall EQ2 is kinda harsh.. iam not a happy player atm.

Keri
Unread 11-30-2005, 10:53 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default hmmm...

Sony will do *anything* to take the blame away from themselves. The file you needed should have also been located in the defualt UI folder and could have easily been copied to the appropriate folder. Moreover, I believe if EQ2 can't find the file it needs in the mod'd UI folder it will automatically look for it in the default UI. Nothing in the script for this UI deletes anything as with the instructions for installations clearly show the paths used are non-invasive to your EQ2 directory. I really wonder why Sony has their reps giving you bad information like that. Shame on Sony!!

Wulfster, you have done a fantastic job with this mod. All of your hard work is *greatly* appreciated!!! Thanks brother!!
Unread 12-01-2005, 06:33 AM
A Griffon

Default Yellow Casting progress indicator is missing

I installed this UI this morning. It looks and feels great!! Just a couple issues I would like resolved if possible:

1. When I cast, the yellow progress indicator is replaced with the spell's name..

How can I get the yellow casting progress bar back? I undrstand the progress is now shown in the target window's casting orbs.. I just prefer the yellow indicator...

2. ON the spell/CA hotbars, I use to be able to click the up/down arrow that was on each bar to scroll between hotbar 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc.. Now they are gone.. the only option in the window potions is "No borders" How do I get the scroll arrows back?

And I agree.. This mod is very nice... Thanks a ton for all the hard work and dedication.. I could not imagine having to go back to default UI.. Yuck!!

Cya!

Last edited by Drunder40 : 12-01-2005 at 06:40 AM.
Unread 12-01-2005, 08:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
Sony will do *anything* to take the blame away from themselves. The file you needed should have also been located in the defualt UI folder and could have easily been copied to the appropriate folder. Moreover, I believe if EQ2 can't find the file it needs in the mod'd UI folder it will automatically look for it in the default UI. Nothing in the script for this UI deletes anything as with the instructions for installations clearly show the paths used are non-invasive to your EQ2 directory. I really wonder why Sony has their reps giving you bad information like that. Shame on Sony!!

Wulfster, you have done a fantastic job with this mod. All of your hard work is *greatly* appreciated!!! Thanks brother!!
Actaully we went over the files one by one and the apporiate ones were copied from the default folder. The tech support guy was very helpful. This UI corrupted my installation of EQ2. The bad files were not even in the UI folder but else where. The files showed a modified date and time that was the same as when the UI was unzipped and installed. It did not occur until I installed this UI hence the thinking that it was the problem. Deleting the files and allowing EQ2 to repatch them did not fix the issue.
it.

There must be something about this UI and my computer that do not agree. The UI looks great but Iam not risking corrupting my installtion again to try and find the problem.

Keri
Unread 12-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Drunder and Kerienna -

Apologies for not responding more promptly, things have been very hectic on my end this week.

Drunder:
Quote:
If you still want the casting bar to come up, rather than the group orb, delete the eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml file from the dracokyn folder, that should re-enable the default bar.
and
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4086 is the link to the patch adding scrollbars back onto the hotkey windows (note: You can also use SHIFT + # to change hotkey pages if you prefer the cleaner, no-scrollbar look)

Kerienna:
Quote:
Actaully we went over the files one by one and the apporiate ones were copied from the default folder. The tech support guy was very helpful. This UI corrupted my installation of EQ2. The bad files were not even in the UI folder but else where.
I don't have any files relating to the UI or anything else located outside the UI folder. There have been a few reports on the SoE message boards of erratic file corruption (most notably in the .ini files) on some files. Generally, deleting those files forces the EQ2 patcher to re-download correct versions, so a re-install of any sort should not have been necessary. I have no idea why or even how the UI could have corrupted anything except it's own installation folder (and that would only happen if the .zip file got corrupted during download).
If you'd like, I can still try and lend a hand. I haven't had a chance to do more than glance at the patch notes for LU 17 this week, but the listed files in the patch notes only appear to have changed the hotkey file that is in the UI.

And of course, to everyone:
I'm still supporting this UI, and plan to make it fully LU 17 compatible by this evening, as only minor (if any) code changes appear to be needed. However, I will be increasingly away in the coming weeks. As some may already know, my wife and I are expecting our 4th child - the due date was set for mid-December, but some fairly serious complications have arisen. As such, we are looking at having her admitted to the hospital this weekend / monday for a C-section. (In a nutshell - there's problems with her blood, and it's not clotting properly, and sometimes not clotting at all). Obviously, that must be my priority, but I'll be around as much as my free time permits.

Thanks!

Wulfy
Unread 12-01-2005, 10:38 AM
A Griffon

Take care of your family first.. I hope everything improves and things work out..

Thanks for the reply.. I appreciate it..
Unread 12-01-2005, 05:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I did't mean to sound rude Iam just furstrated. I uninstalled EQ and totally reinstalled and I still have no options window. I have no idea what is going on and apparently Sony does not either because they assured me that reinstalling would fix it.

I go think you did a great job with the UI. it looks awesome just wish I could figure out what my problem is
Keri
Unread 12-01-2005, 05:10 PM
A Coastal Crab

Maybe somehow your options window is transparent??? i would right click all around to try and see if theres a hidden window. Or try to alt-enter to go to windowed mode because maybe the window is off screen somehow. Change the resolution to the max you can go... who knows.......

just some random ideas, not that they would help. But, I'm sure that you'd try anything at this point
Unread 12-01-2005, 08:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

The problem has been fixed with a new keyboard. It was not software related at all. Purely by accident that the error occured after I installed this UI. Iam sorry for freaking out on you I was just totally frustrated.

I know you put a lot of hard work into this UI and I look forward to useing it.

Thank you,

Keri
Unread 12-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

No problem, Kerienna - glad you were able to isolate the problem and get it resolved. Still curious why the Sony CS told you that, it's one of the wierder reports I've had (though it does make me chuckle, in hindsight - I'll pass along to the developer's that browse this forum what they told you. )

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone - the hardest part is, my wife is just as stubborn as I am, so trying to get her to slow down, take it easy, and rest is... well, right up there with wrestling rabid crocodiles.

Wulfy
Unread 12-02-2005, 06:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

4th child! Are you nuts!
Only joking Wulfy, I have three kids myself and damm! They are hard work! The thought of having four though... arrhghh!

I hope all goes well with you and your wife. GL to you both.

Obviously they are top priority to you at this time, but should you decide to have a quick look here I'm just reporting acouple of things I've noticed since the latest patch which you may or may not be aware of.

a. Can't get the time to show on the clock anymore when the mouse is over the clock dial. Also when you type /time you receive some number instead of the time.

b. I now get warnings about the hot bars not being compatible or something and advises to load the default UI. Despite this, they seem to work fine.

Only a couple of minor issues I can live with. Like I say, alot less important than your family, so take your time m8, we can all wait until your ready.
Unread 12-02-2005, 06:54 AM
A Griffon

OK thanks Wulfgyr.. I got both of my issues resolved with your suggestions =)

One more thing, I dont see my clock at all. What is the command to bring up my ingame clock? I always had it so I never needed to know the command to bring it back.

Again, hope things go well for you, your wife and your newest family addition..

This UI is perfect for me and my wife.. We love it!! Very nicely done. Thanks again for the wonderful support!

Kerienna, I am glad you are up and running though I must admit, I cannot figure out how the keyboard was causing your option window to not show up.. How can that be? Just curious ..

Be safe all!
Unread 12-02-2005, 07:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

[quote=Drunder40]OK thanks Wulfgyr.. I got both of my issues resolved with your suggestions =)

One more thing, I dont see my clock at all. What is the command to bring up my ingame clock? I always had it so I never needed to know the command to bring it back.

QUOTE]

ALT+C