i am trying to change the cure buttons (inside the groupwindow xml)to:

x) jester the respective groupmember
x) send him a tell
x) send a msg to a custom channel

----------------------------------------------------

now:

OnPress="say Jesters Cap" <= char says "jesters cap"

OnPress="say Jester's Cap" <= char does nothig

OnPress="tell Target="Parent.Parent.GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text blah" <= tells gm1 'blah'

OnPress="useabilityonplayer Target=Parent.Parent.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text Allegretto" <= This Spell or Ability is no longer available

OnPress="useabilityonplayer Target=Parent.Parent.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text Jester's Cap" <= This Spell or Ability is no longer available

OnPress="useabilityonplayer Target=Parent.Parent.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text Jester&apos;s Cap" <= This Spell or Ability is no longer available

-------------------

hmmm - can anyone please tell me why it doesn't work, and what i have to put there?
Unread 09-11-2008, 09:40 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

They don't work because that is neither valid XML nor valid eq2 command syntax, you are lucky it didn't just crash the game (in particular your third try). Search function is at the top and there are also two released tools for configuring the macro buttons (you said cure buttons but posted macro button code) automatically.
Unread 09-11-2008, 10:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
They don't work because that is neither valid XML nor valid eq2 command syntax, you are lucky it didn't just crash the game (in particular your third try). Search function is at the top and there are also two released tools for configuring the macro buttons (you said cure buttons but posted macro button code) automatically.

of course i used the search function but didn't get what i want - please also see: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11587

okay so what i want to do is replace the curebuttons in 'eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml' with a single button that jesters the player, sends him a tell that he has been jestered, and sends a tell to a custom channel (eg: /2) that player X has been jestered =)

btw. what i posted above are just snippets -

Code:
<Button Name="CureEffect1" NormalTextColor="#FFFFFF" OnPress="SpellForMyLevel=&quot;Jester&apos;s Cap&quot;
useabilityonplayer Target=Parent.Parent.GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text SpellForMyLevel
tell Target=Parent.Parent.GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text &quot;Jester&apos;s for you&quot;" Opacity="0.000" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="24,24" Style="/ProfitUI_Styles.invisible" Tooltip="Jesters" />
doesn't work either.

-------------------------------------------
quickraidbuttons.txt:

i tried the quickraidbuttons also:

Code:
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="SpellForMyLevel=&quot;Jester&apos;s Cap&quot;
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel 
tell Parent.Target JCap on you
6 Jcap on Parent.Target" Tooltip="(65) Jester&apos;s Cap"/>
doesn't work :>

-----------------------------------

ingame macros also wont work, due to lag:

/target group_member 0
/useability Jester's Cap
/tell %t Jester's incoming
/2 Jester's on %t
/target_previous

while jesters hits the right target, both msgs are send to the previous target instead of the group member

Last edited by maazen : 09-11-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Unread 09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

The Target= syntax you're using inside of commands is plain weird. I don't know why that would work to begin with. useabilityonplayer is a game command and target is a game command. Yet you're using one inside of another? As far as I understand the command parser, it should be trying to execute a command named Jester's Cap, execute target on the player then execute useabilityonplayer with no arguements. Target=Player is correct syntax for a target command, but not in the context you are using it. Just type the command how you would in-game if you're using one line per command.
Unread 09-15-2008, 05:53 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

To repeat myself: There is a million posts with working code on how to add a tell to the JCap quick macro button on these forums. Alternatively just use my automatic configurator if you have Excel. Also you can't just put the quick macro button code in the cure buttons, they are set up differently and "Parent.Target" does not mean anything to them.

PS: Aditu, what he posted is a bit of a random mix of my cure button code and my macro button code, both of which store the target name to a variable named Target (albeit in a previous step in my code).

Last edited by gm9 : 09-15-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:47 PM
A Griffon

Oh, heh. Well, command=args being acceptable syntax for single line commands threw me off that it might have been copied from something else completely.
Unread 09-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

but if Target=Parent.Parent.GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text was issued twice in a row you would target gm1 :P.
Unread 09-16-2008, 01:09 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No I agree, I don't understand either how the target= bit could work for him, that's not from me.
Unread 09-16-2008, 05:05 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

ingame macros also wont work, due to lag:

/target group_member 0
/useability Jester's Cap
/tell %t Jester's incoming
/2 Jester's on %t
/target_previous
Unread 09-16-2008, 11:56 AM
A Griffon

Well, that's fine... he's trying to make a UI mod, not a macro. Macros rely on %t and the current target staying the same while UI mods can set the target statically without worry.

He just has funny ideas as to how to do the scripting.
Code:
<Button Name="CureEffect1" NormalTextColor="#FFFFFF" SpellName="Jester's Cap" OnPress="useabilityonplayer Parent.Parent.GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text SpellName
tell Parent.Parent.GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text Jester&apos;s for you" Opacity="0.000" ScrollExtent="12,12" Size="24,24" Style="/ProfitUI_Styles.invisible" Tooltip="Jesters" />
This would probably be better, but I cannot guarantee that Parent.Parent.GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Name.Text is the proper path for the text element without looking at the XML file.
Unread 09-16-2008, 01:01 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

path is ok for the cure buttons, that code is already in there.