EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 03-13-2006, 11:58 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Befallen
Default Need some help/advice with UIBuilder

I am in the long learning-curve of UIBuilder (and XML in general) and am picking up the intricacies slowly but surely through research, these forums, and trial-and-error. I even have a few mods nearly completed. Two things are giving me nothing but headaches though... Fonts and Graphics. I just can't seem to get UIBuilder to use the ones that I am attempting to use. No, let me rephrase that - I can't figure out how to use the installed fonts and graphics such as the special elements or small fonts. Some of the properties under the tabs are named copyandpasteme for instance. Copy and Paste what? and where? And how do I add custom frames and elements from within UIBuilder?

I have read all of the stickies here and all of the documentation that I can find, but nothing really goes into any detail on these items. Could any of you Gurus here give me a few pointers? Or even direct me to a detailed reference that I may have missed?

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Unread 03-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Basically the copyandpaste is there for you to copy and paste into your newly made window. It's also there so You can see what that style looks like.

If you are wanting to change something that is already there you have to change that objects style. Say you want to use a smaller font size. Then you would change the property of font to /TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle from what ever it is.

Keep in mind that the default UI is littered with two standards. Sometimes you will see the font property as being /Fonts.FontZapf15, which is the same as /TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle. The /TextStyles path was introduced sometime after DoF release and I guess they haven't had time to get around to changing to one style or the other /shrug. The same is true for frames and other objects. It's really a mess in there.
Unread 03-15-2006, 04:45 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Befallen

Thanks for the advise Landiin, but I'm still having problems with the fonts. I wanted to change to the small textstyle, so I changed the font property to /TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle. When I did this, the text totally disappeared in UIBuilder. Am I missing something? Should the font property data be the actual font name, and then add a font property for textstyle? This is the problem I have everytime I attempt to change a font...the text disappears. Aaarrrrgh!

Edit: I found the solution. The parent needs to be changed before the individual elements can be changed. Font changes are working now. Thanks again.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Last edited by Adder : 03-16-2006 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Solution Found