EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 12-11-2004, 12:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Can elements be grouped together?

So I decided to try making some changes to the Broker window in EQ2 (using the SOE UIBuilder). I got everything moved to where I wanted on the screen but found that if I wanted to adjust an entire area of elements around I would have to go through and move each one individually (yuck). So I grouped these items together under a subpage of the broker window (ex. all the items on the left portion of the window (find, reset, combo boxes, etc)). Now if I wanted to move all those elements up a few pixels, I just move the subpage up. Great. It also made it easier for me to find items and simply looked better to me.

But, the downside of this I have found is that the subpage seems to block data going from it's children (buttons, text boxes, etc) to it's parent and vice versa. As an example, I moved the Find button into the subpage. In EQ2, I can click the button but nothing happens when I do (other then the button changing from not-pressed to pressed). If I take the Find button and drag it back out from the subpage so it is now a direct child of the Broker page again, then it processes like it is supposed.

Is there a way to set the subpage to allow data to pass through it and not block it? I have tried Contexttoparent set as true and a few other things but have had no success. I am pretty sure I can get this all to work if I get rid of the subpage but then I have to align each element again and if I decide I want to move them all one way or the other, I have to do each element one at a time.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know. I am a XML noob when it comes to terms and concepts. Thanks for any help.
Unread 12-11-2004, 03:49 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

If you got as far as you did you're no noob.

You are correct, most elements that don't use DynamicData will not work if you change where they are in the tree structure, and we do not know of any way around it yet.
Unread 12-11-2004, 05:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Afraid you were going to say that.

Thanks for the quick answer.