EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-10-2005, 10:44 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone
Default MainHUD.Map Format

I have ben looking at modifications for the MainHUD.Map window and while I have had much success in certain areas of it, I am somewhat wary of editing too much. Right now the way I see it set up is not really the same as a typical tabbed interface. From my experience I would write on like this:

- global items
- tab items
- tab pages
-- tab page specific items

The map window seems to have all of the above mixed up throughout, and is somewhat confusing to say the least. I want to be able to easily add tabs in a logical way (shoot me, I am a perfectionist with my coding and how it is organized). From what I can tell, the map tabs that are used in the map window target P1 and P2 which are either hardcoded, or are somewhere that I cannot see them. Maybe I am just missing something but either way the typical format of a tab targetting a tab page located in the same element or xml file doesn't seem to be present.

I guess I just need help unravelling the code of the map window. I had been working on some fancy stuff in getting tree menu systems to use our own custom data, and have had a little success there, but only in separate windows. I wanted to start integrating it into the map window but hit the roadblock mentioned above when making a new tab.