EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-09-2006, 05:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Question target/implied effects icons are getting chopped off

i'm using spork's target and implied windows, and it is having an issue where the effects icons are getting chopped off at the end:

although spork is active on the forums, i have not heard from him regarding this issue and was wondering what i could do on my own to fix this issue. any help is greatly appreciated.

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 10-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Are you talking about that one icon on the left being a bit chopped off?

Or, do you mean when something has more than 3 rows of icons, and no more are dispalyed (the window no longer resizes to show any more)? I'm guessing by the picture you mean the former, correct?
Unread 10-09-2006, 06:41 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon
Are you talking about that one icon on the left being a bit chopped off?

Or, do you mean when something has more than 3 rows of icons, and no more are dispalyed (the window no longer resizes to show any more)? I'm guessing by the picture you mean the former, correct?
aye, you are indeed correct, except it's the icons on the right that get chopped, not the left. this occurs in all visible rows. what can i do to fix this issue?

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 10-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Right side, sorry hehe. (Brain thought "right," hands typed "left )

If you've ever used UIBuilder, you can just find that window and that particular bit and widen it by a couple pixles (maybe like 5 or so by the looks of it).
Unread 10-09-2006, 10:47 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Right side, sorry hehe. (Brain thought "right," hands typed "left )

If you've ever used UIBuilder, you can just find that window and that particular bit and widen it by a couple pixles (maybe like 5 or so by the looks of it).
never used UIBuilder, but i guess it's time to try it out... i've heard from many authors here that it's notorious for adding extraneous code and messing up formatting though... hope that's not an issue...

should i use the UIBuilder in my eq2 directory? or is a there a newer version elsewhere i should acquire

Unread 10-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Do your self a favor and make a back up copy of your UI. Then make the changes to your backed up copy. Then just use the file from that directory to replace the one in the real directory.

Yes use the one in the zip thats in your eq2 directory.
Unread 10-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

I think the most current version is the zipped file in your directory. Somone can correct me if I'm wrong.

And I think we're expecting a new version coming down the pipes sometime soon (something being who knows how long hehe).

It's really not that bad to use. Most of the time the problem comes from it changing manually-coded changes and misinterpreting them.

What I do to avoid that is this: I open the eq2ui.xml of the UI I want to edit, and then when it comes to save, I save to a new, temporary directory. I then compare the 2 files to see what changes IT made (IE, which ones I made through it, and possibly whatever else it messed up) and then I copy those changes I want (the good ones, not the UIBuilder messing things up ones) into the proper file in my regular UI directory. That way UIBuilder isnt ever writing directly to my UI in use hehe... it tends to do mean things when that happens.
Unread 10-10-2006, 01:04 AM
A Griffon

well, i had to copy the eq2ui.xml from the default directory in order to load things up... for some reason, there's no text showing up in the windows, in the UIBuilder view. just a bunch of black rectangles. is there a uibuilder guide or something around?

Unread 10-10-2006, 07:44 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Here's an intro to it. It's a little dated maybe, but it will still teach you the basics of it =)

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858
Unread 10-10-2006, 09:33 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Here's an intro to it. It's a little dated maybe, but it will still teach you the basics of it =)

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858
thanks mate, much appreciated.

Unread 10-12-2006, 08:13 AM
A Griffon

woot i managed to fix the issue thanks for the help guys... uibuilder made it a lot easier to visualize what was going on, rather than just looking at the xml alone...

i had wanted to make the target/implied windows a bit wider, but moving/resizing the controls and adjusting the ticks simply did not work out. i ended up with a nonfunctional target window... how the hell do i make it wider?

Unread 10-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfrey
woot i managed to fix the issue thanks for the help guys... uibuilder made it a lot easier to visualize what was going on, rather than just looking at the xml alone...

i had wanted to make the target/implied windows a bit wider, but moving/resizing the controls and adjusting the ticks simply did not work out. i ended up with a nonfunctional target window... how the hell do i make it wider?
I have no idea how its coded, the stuff might have to be a certain size (or aspect ratio) to work properly. Will leave that answer up to someone who knows about that window.
Unread 10-12-2006, 05:03 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Resizing should not be a problem. You can also move most content around to your heart's content. I'd bet that you inadvertantly did something else that broke the window.
Unread 10-12-2006, 09:26 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Resizing should not be a problem. You can also move most content around to your heart's content. I'd bet that you inadvertantly did something else that broke the window.
aye, i'm not too sure how the whole tick4, tick3, etc stuff works.. all i wanted was to make the bars wider...

Unread 10-13-2006, 01:36 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The ticks are just fluff, do whatever you like with them (many mods even just remove them).