EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 10-07-2020, 09:59 AM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis
Default how to monitor snacks?

Has anyone figured out a way to alert or easily see when it's time to refresh your snacks?

When active, they show up in the Spell Effects list, but that window is soooo busy.

Since they are not in the Maintained Spells window the Spell Monitor can't see them.

The skills they change like Crushing and Disruption aren't available on the Experience Bar or the Stat Monitor.

I tried adding a Spell Timer to ACT and triggering it with a multi-line Icon Bar macro, but the Icon Bar does not process the "act timer" command. (I could use some sort of "say" command to trigger ACT, but I don't want to say it to anyone else.)

I could make macros with the "act timer" command, but I was hoping for something better (i.e. not using up hotbar slots or converting the socials page to a "hotbar"). Am I overlooking something better?
Unread 10-09-2020, 01:11 PM
A Griffon

I couldn't get "act timer mytimer" to work from any programmatic venue -- macro, do_file_commands, alias or tellchannel. The only way I could get it to work was by typing directly into the chat window. You can always use your private URL Helper channel to send a tell for ACT, if you don't want others to see the text. The URL Helper will ignore anything that's not a URL or the fullscreen windowed commands.

Crushing, Disruption, etc. can be monitored, but it would be similar to the harvesting stats page on the XP bar where you have to mouse over the area to initialize them. That data is coming from the Character window, and that was the only way I could figure out to channel those stats remotely. So the snack stats can probably be monitored and alerted the same way, but would require the mouse-over thing (which I seriously dislike) to initialize them.

Snack durations don't appear to be affected by modifiers such as the blessed sapling berries, so it's possible a flat timer could be added to the gear buff macros window if you don't want to use the countdown timer that's already in the UI. Gear buff macros would be a good place for this since you can consume the snack directly from the button and the window already has an alert mechanism. (But if you cancel the snack or it gets debuffed, a simple timer won't know it since it's not connected to anything stat-wise.)

Or I guess we could make a new window and call it the "Snack Bar?"

Unread 10-09-2020, 03:23 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Oasis

Hmm, works in a macro for me.

Hadn't tried /do_file_commands, but yeah, that doesn't work.

Hadn't thought of using the URL channel and an ACT trigger to start the spell timer. That could work.

Thanks.