EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 01-06-2021, 05:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Settings not being retained

Hi Darq,
Great work, the interface is very well done on many fronts.
I downloaded and installed it, following the instructions and everything went well up to when I loaded in game and nothing had changed, I double checked everything then asked in game and was told to use /loadui, which I did. I then spent quite some time setting up my new interface, which went great, until I camped out, when I came back the nav bar buttons that I changed had reverted to default. Also the Extended player window and floating nav bar had disappeared, I went into the settings and they were still checked to be active and displayed, I can uncheck and recheck them to get them to appear but every time I camp they don't load on entering world. (Extended player is NOT set to only display in combat). Also the 3 little buttons at the bottom of the start menu revert to their default settings, I have looked all over the forums, turned off setup new exp bar for new characters, deleted settings on my toon Bearrwin and tried everything I can think of, all characters I have tried are effected by this bug, and none of them have "abnormal" characters in their names. I should also note that I tried setting the icons on the nav bar via the utility to see if that helped, but same problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bearrwin
Unread 01-06-2021, 11:39 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry you're having trouble.

1. Do you use OneDrive or similar file sync service?
2. Is your game folder in \Users\Public?

Unread 01-07-2021, 03:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Cheers, it happens, not using onedrive nor any sync service, Copied and pasting my path from WinExplorer, using Win 7.
C:\EverQuest II\UI\DarqUI

Things are a bit weird atm, I will do some more playing around and get back to you, but the exp bar issue seems to be fixed on one toon, not quite sure how, I will get back when I have more info

Last edited by fezikk : 01-07-2021 at 05:25 AM.
Unread 01-07-2021, 05:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have been fiddling trying to see if I can determine pattern/baseline. After research on support forums last night, I changed the setting in the utility to create a new exp bar setup for new characters, that seems to have changed a lot of the problem. I can retain the abilities changed on the nav bars now, but still when I camp and come back the floating nav bar is not there, but now the exp bar is back to about 1/4 of the screen width, not my normal 45% and when I click the sizer bar on the nav bar the floating nav bar pops back and the exp bar goes back to its normal(for me) size.

So everytime I log ion, I click the sizer expand the floating nav bar and my nav bars are where they should be. I have tried turning off the resizer but everytime I do, it is back the next time I log in, not just on screen but ticked on the settings page

Still no change in the extended player window.
Unread 01-07-2021, 08:08 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The game needs to be able to write to the files in the POI folder in order to save your changes between sessions. The default location is \Users\Public, which is always accessible, but you may need to give read/write access to C:\EverQuest II.

Customizations are saved in the \UI\DarqUI_v3\POI folder. For example, if you use the window manager to configure the Experience window, the timestamp on \UI\DarqUI_v3\POI\darquiv3_xpbar2.xml should change. Make sure you are clicking the small Save button and the OK confirmation window that appears for each setting that you change.

Unread 01-07-2021, 08:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks I will investigate further and report what I find