EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 12-17-2020, 12:09 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Default Icon Bar and Ascension Spells

I tried to setup the icon bar for the first time. I see how I can add regular spells, but Ascension spells do not seem to work. As a hunch, I went in-game and typed /useab SPELL (or /useability SPELL) it says the spell or command is no longer available.

I don't think this is really a DarqUI problem since it doesn't work from game commands either...and regular spells I have no trouble with. It just seems that Ascension spells cannot be cast with the command /useab or /useability. Is there some other prefix trigger we can use that will cast Ascension spells or am I stuck with not using them on the icon bar? (That's the whole reason I wanted to use the icon bar, so I could free up my hotbars for other useful things).

Thanks!
Unread 12-17-2020, 08:12 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Almost all spells can be set up in-game from the window manager, but it's much easier to set up Ascensions using the utility. Open the Icon Bar setup page for your character and type the spell name, then click Lookup. The utility will use the ID instead of the name to cast the spell.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iconbar-ascension.png
Views:	773
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	9276  
Unread 12-17-2020, 12:40 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Almost all spells can be set up in-game from the window manager, but it's much easier to set up Ascensions using the utility. Open the Icon Bar setup page for your character and type the spell name, then click Lookup. The utility will use the ID instead of the name to cast the spell.

Thanks...right after I posted my message last night I played around with the setup portion of the utility and managed to see how the ascensions also had an ID that worked when setting up buttons...I don't know why the /useab doesnt work with the NAME of ascention spells but the utility sets them up fine and I can then use the SYSTEMID or whatever it is to set them up on other windows.

(Now I am trying to play with the travel window, which isn't as easy to edit but I am getting the hang of some of them.

One more question tho, is it possible to increase the number of icons on the icon bar? I wasn't sure if it was hard coded somehow, but since its not something thats in the game by default I was hoping the number of icons could be increased on the icon bar (or the gear buff window too). If it is possible to change the number of icons on those windows, it would be awesome if there was a toggle in the setup utility or a place to type in the number of icons you want so we wouldn't be modifying the code directly...

Anyway, just wondered. Thanks for such a great UI and keep up the good work!

Thanks!
Unread 12-19-2020, 10:35 AM
A Griffon

The number of slots in both windows could be increased, but performance has to be weighed against the cost of additional elements. Icon bar and gear buff macros add the equivalent of three more hotbars. If those get completely filled up you may want to look at creating some hotbar sets. It's pretty easy and there's plenty of info in the help section on hotbars.

Unread 05-11-2023, 04:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I have been reading many of the threads on how to set up the Icon Bar using the utility.... I can't find ANYWHERE in the utility that allows me to do this? And I certainly have nothing like what your thumbnail looks like.

Where should I be looking for this? I thought I had the most recent version of the utility downloaded.
Unread 05-12-2023, 07:34 AM
A Griffon

Click the button in the upper left-hand corner of the utility to switch between Components Mode and Settings Mode. There are some extra details on this page.
Unread 05-12-2023, 03:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Got it, thanks. I never realized how that worked. Thanks for the quick reply. I do want to say that you are doing a good job whith the UI. I really enjoy it.