EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Unread 10-22-2007, 01:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

More than escaping I would just like to be able to pass commands in international characters. Currently e.g. a simple /mood なし cannot be modded... (unless it was ninja fixed, did not check in a month or two).
Unread 10-22-2007, 02:37 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

yeah and is it possible to add a function like "x turns white if y is yellow"?
Unread 10-22-2007, 07:01 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
yeah and is it possible to add a function like "x turns white if y is yellow"?
That's pretty easy to do now with scripting. The real question is when would you like to trigger this script?

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

In addition to saving individual files, our xml parser now encodes and decodes attribute whitespace into their proper entity references (#xD, #xA, #x9).

Unfortunately I'm not in the office today due to the fires raging in San Diego so I'm limited as to how well I can test these changes. But as soon as I get them thoroughly tested, I'll have a new UIBuilder.zip patched down.
Unread 10-22-2007, 02:59 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

A big thanks for that!

And if you ever need beta testers for your changes, you know where to find them.
Unread 10-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
In addition to saving individual files, our xml parser now encodes and decodes attribute whitespace into their proper entity references (#xD, #xA, #x9).

Unfortunately I'm not in the office today due to the fires raging in San Diego so I'm limited as to how well I can test these changes. But as soon as I get them thoroughly tested, I'll have a new UIBuilder.zip patched down.
Rothgar you have single handily changed my opinion of SOE DEVS.

If I wasn't at work and being blocked from image shack, I'ed give you a ROCK STAR award right NOW!
Unread 10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
A Griffon

Thank you, its the thought that counts anyway!

Unfortunately I'm having to pack up and evacuate my house now. Hopefully this will all blow over very quickly so we can get back to work!
Unread 10-22-2007, 04:26 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Get back to work? I rather hope for you the fire doesn't cause any damage so you can get back home.

Anyway, while Landiin can't do it, here's your award (not sure if that is what he had in mind, just the first thing that came up in google ):

Unread 10-22-2007, 04:48 PM
A man among men

Yeah Rothgar, are now the official SOE Rock Star.

You changed my opinion as well.

drago.
Unread 10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Thank you, its the thought that counts anyway!

Unfortunately I'm having to pack up and evacuate my house now. Hopefully this will all blow over very quickly so we can get back to work!
I hope everything goes allright for you and the other Dev's. ((Although it makes me a little bit more glad to be on the east coast where I don't have to worry about that, but it's small consolation for being so far away from so many things ))
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
A Griffon

I've just been able to test my changes and confirm everything is working properly. In addition to the changes I've mentioned previously, you will also see a new "Custom" module, eq2ui_custom.xml that you can add your windows to. This should all go live with our next update, which also happens to correspond with the expansion.

Keep your ideas for UI Builder coming!
Unread 10-23-2007, 03:15 PM
A man among men

Quote:
I've just been able to test my changes and confirm everything is working properly. In addition to the changes I've mentioned previously, you will also see a new "Custom" module, eq2ui_custom.xml that you can add your windows to. This should all go live with our next update, which also happens to correspond with the expansion.

Keep your ideas for UI Builder coming!
Where the heck are you working from Rothgar? Don't you need to evacuate stat?!

What does this custom module thing do anyways? ....Oh, and this sounds like much but is there a way make a circular window and edit all the dead space out of the ends, instead of it being square always?

Last edited by dragowulf : 10-23-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Unread 10-23-2007, 03:20 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
In addition to the changes I've mentioned previously, you will also see a new "Custom" module, eq2ui_custom.xml that you can add your windows to. This should all go live with our next update, which also happens to correspond with the expansion.
Rothgar, you bring tears of joy to my eyes. Now you've earned an award from me too.

PS: Drago, I requested this in the second post of the thread.
Unread 10-23-2007, 03:31 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Rothgar, you bring tears of joy to my eyes. Now you've earned an award from me too.

PS: Drago, I requested this in the second post of the thread.
I'm sorry I never look at your posts....

Ok I do but I did not remember reading that....lol sorry let me go back and rewind

drago.

EDIT: Ok I got it now

Last edited by dragowulf : 10-23-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Unread 10-23-2007, 03:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
Where the heck are you working from Rothgar? Don't you need to evacuate stat?!

What does this custom module thing do anyways. ....Oh, and this sounds like much but is there a way make a circular window and edit all the dead space out of the ends, instead of it being square always?
I'm working from the office at the moment. And good news, they just listed the mandatory evacuation from my neighborhood, so my wife is returning home now with our 2 dogs.

The custom module doesn't really do anything, it just acts as a container for your windows so you don't have to add them to MainHUD, Inventory, etc.

Some weird stuff can happen when you add windows to the other modules, besides the fact that you now have to ship out your own version of the module's xml file which causes players to not get updates when we add new windows.

Another thing you guys should keep in mind is that you should not create a new window with the same name as another window, even if its in a different module. Yes, this sounds goofy, and I agree. We can eventually fix this with code on our end, but for now I would make sure your window names are unique.

So for example, don't make a Custom.Inventory window... call it Custom.Profit_Inventory or something like that.
Unread 10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
A man among men

Quote:
I'm working from the office at the moment. And good news, they just listed the mandatory evacuation from my neighborhood, so my wife is returning home now with our 2 dogs.

The custom module doesn't really do anything, it just acts as a container for your windows so you don't have to add them to MainHUD, Inventory, etc.

Some weird stuff can happen when you add windows to the other modules, besides the fact that you now have to ship out your own version of the module's xml file which causes players to not get updates when we add new windows.

Another thing you guys should keep in mind is that you should not create a new window with the same name as another window, even if its in a different module. Yes, this sounds goofy, and I agree. We can eventually fix this with code on our end, but for now I would make sure your window names are unique.

So for example, don't make a Custom.Inventory window... call it Custom.Profit_Inventory or something like that.
I noticed this for mainhud.map- i named a file inventory.map and when i opened it worked almost exactly the same as the map, and wasn't hardcoded or anything. it opened mainhud.map as well. funny stuff.

anyways

Some of the modders here at EQ2 including myself use much code to change their window with things such as “onpress”. For example on my inventory window I have 6 Different inventory mods built into one window, and at the top left corner there is a button to go through each inventory mode. The problem is, since it won’t save each “state of being”, I have to make like 6 or so files (and save them each with a different “state of being”) so that when EQ2 starts it won’t reset the file back to what it was when i saved it.

Another example is gm9’s resizing of the effect’s window in his profit ui control center in profitreborn. Yes it resizes the icons (makes them smaller/bigger) with the slider but when you restart eq2 it goes back to how it was when he saved the file.

My question is, can we have some sort of command or automated script so that we can save the “sate of being” without having to make whole new files?
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The issue with the window names is that they all get consolidated into a virtual hierarchy (root._HUD) during runtime so you will get two windows copied into the same node if they have the same name. You can do some creative modding with that without touching the original file, but I never liked to do it that way.

On the sizing I agree it would be nice to be able to save more states. There is currently a solution to this though, Drago. You know that page size, page position and page visible state are saved to uisettings.ini. Just work with that. The only issue is that the user needs to make those changes, you cannot do them via a script or they won't be saved. I got creative a while back and created a _ProfitUI_IconSizer.xml that is a collection of user-resizeable pages made to look like sliderbars (basically instead of pulling a slider you are resizing a window without knowing it). Via Minimum and MaximumSize you can give constraints on the "sliderbar" you need. Still clunky to use, and only works with icons sizes or volumepage sizes really since those use x,y format anyway.

Oh, all I could do if I could split a simple X from a Y.
Unread 10-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

If we had access to the raw XML of the selected file while in the UI builder it would be great! I know this is a lot to ask because of having to parse on the fly so if you can pull it off Your rock even more, if not I totally understand.

gm9: /bonk Just say yea, let it save object states.. *devil*

Last edited by Landiin : 10-23-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:02 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Roth, great news. You are truely a rockstar. I'll look for the Persona changes on Beta

Now if you want to level up to the next title, you'll find a way to implement the following:

1) ColorStyle - Globally defined colors that can be referenced into any of the various color properties.

2) Make every DynamicData in game now actually work. The majority of Group DDs have never worked and the recently added Maintained.AmountRemaining does not work. Yes, even on Beta.

3) Copy/Paste between UIBuilder Instances where all references can be resolved would be great.

4) Make apostrophies entered in script commands actually translate properly when referencing a spell/item name. Example:
Code:
onPress="useability Nature's Elixir"
doesn't trigger the apropriate spell due to the apos.

5) Split() function - The inability to get comma seperated values independently is a HUGE limitation.

6) Int() function. Similarly the inability to convert numbers with float (always a result of any math) to an Int (required by many controls) is HUGE.
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:31 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

All good stuff Zonx. Some comments though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
The majority of Group DDs have never worked
I posted a week ago that they appear to have been fixed (someone must have read my despearate /bug that I decided to do once more). Did not yet test all of them though (not the effects for example).

Quote:
and the recently added Maintained.AmountRemaining does not work. Yes, even on Beta.
Unless they changed something only the visibility portion of it does not work and that can be worked around (they should still fix that of course).

Quote:
4) Make apostrophies entered in script commands actually translate properly when referencing a spell/item name. Example:
Code:
onPress="useability Nature's Elixir"
doesn't trigger the apropriate spell due to the apos.
I suppose you know how to do it:
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target "Nature's Elixir"

Last edited by gm9 : 10-24-2007 at 03:48 AM. Reason: missing word...
Unread 10-24-2007, 04:07 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
the recently added Maintained.AmountRemaining does not work.
If you missed it we discussed a work around for the AmountRemaining bug here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=63535

I wrote Zoltaroth about the bug a couple weeks ago and he said he would have to find out who added that. It might not be a priority since it doesn't affect the default UI and everyone is really busy with the beta and the chaos from the fires.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Wow, this is all great news. I can't wait for it to be released
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:28 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

It does appear that some work has been done to enable the busted group DDs. I can confirm Archetype is working but there do appear to be some minor issues still with some DDs. The Name DD is not properly coloring for out of zone and group leader in some cases. Archetype lists Warriors as Fighters. And as noted, there's the visibility bug with Maintained.AmountRemaining. Haven't checked all DDs so there could be more issues.

Last I checked, using the &apos; entity also does not solve the problem of scripting spell casts with apostrophies in the name. At any rate, that doesn't solve the problem of users typing "Nature's Elixir" into an in-game custom textbox that feeds a useability script. Can't really expect the average user to use entities. Works fine in the Macro window but not when processed by script.

I can't stress enough how major the addition of ColorStyles would be to the modding community. Currently, if I want to issue a green theme for my set, I have to replace every color def in every file of the UI, then maintain feature parity between the sets going forward. Its a MAJOR hassel. With global ColorStyles, I could reskin the entire set with 1 XML file and a handfull of images. ColorStyle = a multitude of themes in short order with virtually no maintanence overhead
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, saw the issue you had with the color. Also last time I checked the .Window DD did not work.

Quote:
Archetype lists Warriors as Fighters.
That would be correct though, unless you meant Class.

Quote:
Last I checked, using the &apos; entity also does not solve the problem of scripting spell casts with apostrophies in the name.
I had confirmation from a number of users that use it successfully, guess I'll have to check it myself then.

Quote:
At any rate, that doesn't solve the problem of users typing "Nature's Elixir" into an in-game custom textbox that feeds a useability script. Can't really expect the average user to use entities.
Exactly.

Last edited by gm9 : 10-26-2007 at 04:06 AM. Reason: added info on .window DD
Unread 10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Something I would like to see the UIBuilder do is save the programs layout properties. Every time I open UI Builder, I have to move the view panel over and resize it to fight my screen (resolution of 1280x1024).
It's just a big pet peeve because I can't view all the tabs each time I open the program. And I usually like to resize the window anyhow.