Unread 12-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Featured Artist
Featured

Server: Mistmoore
Default T.King's Undead Gothic Theme for Everquest II

T.KING’S UNDEAD GOTHIC THEME FOR EVERQUEST II – version 1.0

Updates – News: December 23, 2005
  • Please check back for updates.
  • Sorry for the long wait on this one, the next theme should be released in a much shorter time-frame.
  • We're waiting to get feedback on the size of some windows, but we are planning on an optional downsize patch.

Description

An Undead Gothic inspired interface theme, based on the original fantasy art of T.King. This is the first T.King interface art theme released for Everquest II.

Download

You can download this theme here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4143

Introduction

This UI is a complete reskin of the EverQuest II UI. As such, most other UI mods should work with a minimum of trouble.

• Special Features:

o Player Window:
 Skull Flashes when attacking
 Displays Avoidance, Mitigation, and current / max HP's and Power
 Displays Experience, Tradeskill Experience, current adventure / tradeskill level, and current debt
 Displays concentration
o Group Window:
 Skull "fills" when casting, harvesting, or using abilities / combat arts.
 displays harmful effects on groupmembers (overlayed on top of the skull)
 displays current / max hp's of groupmembers
 clicking the groupmembers name/health bar acts as the /assist command
 spell / combat art / ability name displayed under the window, along with "error" messages (IE, the door you are trying to click is "Too Far Away".)
o Target Window - 3 versions to choose from:
 "Melee" Version (Default) - skulls flash when attacking
 "caster" version (optional, see below) - skulls "fill" when casting or using abilities
 "Standard" Version (optional, see below) - skulls sit there looking pretty, with no distracting flashing, etc.
 all versions include "implied target" (Health of Target's Target for those transitioning from EQ1)
o Quest Journal:
 Lists writs for both Freeport and Qeynos citizens
 lists heritage quests up through Desert of Flames expansion
 Lists lore & legends information
 harvesting information up to tier 6
 Prismatic weapons quest tree information
 hunting guide
 housing prices
 guild rewards
 live update 18 compliant, you can still see quest rewards
o Hotkey Bar:
 3/4 size icons are hardcoded - the "slider" to resize the hotkey bar is not supported by default, see below for instructions to enable it.
 available with or without scrollbar arrows. In the version without them, you can hit <SHIFT> + # to change hotkey pages rapidly.
o Knowledge book:
 very detailed artwork. The skull at the bottom spine of the book acts as the close button.
 the upper and lower corners on the left side will take you to the first page, and on the right side, will take you to the last page.
 approximately half way down each page on the very edge, the red arrow's will take you to the next or previous page.
o loadscreens:
 the artwork viewed while zoning has been replaced with selected T. King prints. This does not apply to the Desert of Flames expansion, as it would more than triple the size of the UI. (Each DoF zone has it's own loadscreen folder... and you wondered why that patch took so long to download!!)

Installation

Please see the install instructions folder inside the Undead-Gothic folder for assistance installing / configuring the UI.

Credits

All artwork used in this UI is the original creation, or slightly modified versions of T.King (tkingart.com). Additional code by Kuvasie and Wulfgyr, except as noted below.

• The Quest Journal contained within this UI was originally made by Valdacil, and further revamped by Silverfox.
• Zonx and Burgdorf inspired the re-write of the compass and clock windows, though all code was written by wulfgyr.

Contacts

Support provided at EQ2interface.com only.

T.King | [email protected]
Wulfgyr | [email protected]
S.Bucanon | [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000003.jpg
Views:	3546
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	4362  

Last edited by T.King : 12-23-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Unread 12-24-2005, 02:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Outstanding Work!!!!!!!!

This UI Rocks, made me switch from Profit UI. I have the UI set up with the Group and Stat windows on the upper corners and the Target window in the middle. Chat windows are open in the lower corners with the quest helper in the middle. Hot bars are in 2 X 6 mode and across the top of the chat bar. The whole thing is letterboxed and looks sweeeet.

Just have a couple requests if they are possible:

1) Any way to make a button so that I can open and close all boxes and bags with one click? This allows me to turn off the Frames and Titles and creates a bit more space when having them all open at the same time.

2)Can the hotbars be tweeked to allow them to have a black bacground, rather than be clear all the time?

3)Any way that the Inventory screen can be tweeked to include the stats such as the Inventrory screen created by Dragowulf?

4)Add the names and timer of spells to the Maintained spells window.

Other than that this thing is so dam cool and user friendly, that I keep looking for the button that puts my toon on Auto pilot and he plays himself while I sleep lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000004.jpg
Views:	2013
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	4376  

Last edited by Faedia : 12-24-2005 at 02:48 AM.
Unread 12-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost
Default Requests - sounds doable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faedia
Just have a couple requests if they are possible:

1) Any way to make a button so that I can open and close all boxes and bags with one click? This allows me to turn off the Frames and Titles and creates a bit more space when having them all open at the same time.

2)Can the hotbars be tweeked to allow them to have a black bacground, rather than be clear all the time?

3)Any way that the Inventory screen can be tweeked to include the stats such as the Inventrory screen created by Dragowulf?

4)Add the names and timer of spells to the Maintained spells window.

Other than that this thing is so dam cool and user friendly, that I keep looking for the button that puts my toon on Auto pilot and he plays himself while I sleep lol.
Those certainly sound like realistic requests - One additional nice thing about the UI (and a reason for it's delayed release), is that you can grab any "standard" mod that doesn't have a custom skin, and plug it in, and the UI will skin it. That's all that was done with the xSilverfox journal, actually - no re-skinning was necessary. So, you could grab the Geniva or Profit maintained spells window, and just drop it into the Undead-Gothic folder, and it should work just fine!

The inventory screen mod sounds intriguing, and I don't think the hotbar background will be hard to tweak. I think the trickiest sounding thing is the button to open / close all bags & boxes... but it's a great idea (both my mystic and 2-box wizard alt are tradeskillers, so this would be very handy) that I'll look at, after I enjoy a bit of holiday cheer.

Thanks to Tom for his incredible art - without that, none of this would be possible, since I am distinctly lacking in the artistic department. And a big thank you to the eq2interface community - please, keep the comments coming, so we can continue to improve this UI, and make future UI themes even better!!

Of course, if you use and like the UI, please rate it - this aids not only the UI designers, but the community as a whole!

PS - Great screen shot, thanks!!

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 12-24-2005 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added PS
Unread 12-24-2005, 02:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Wulf this might help a bit. Tie the bag and box button into the Start button such as this one: Z Start Button with Full/Window Screen.

I downloaded some UI pieces to accomplish what I wanted with my requests until you guys possibly tweek this one. Definately gave this a 5 star rating. Can't wait to see what the next theme is. I have all good toons and it is a tad weird with an evil looking UI, but when the UI is this dam good you use it!

Many thanks

Faedia
Unread 12-24-2005, 03:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Wulf I dropped the Profit UI Maintained window, Dragowulf Inventory, Deathbane 3/4 Hotbars and Ger's Bags into t he UI an dit looks sweet. Had no clue the UI would automatically skin them so they look as if they are original.

Thanks
Unread 12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Heyas. I'm a Fetish Nightfall user. Been actually waiting for more 'undead gothic' theme to float around for my necro main. Was wondering though, since I use some other mods even to my Nightfall, if it would be possible to maybe just do a re-skin for a few mods below:

Mahonri's Quick Change SD Window
Nightfalls map window (can make the map small and scroll about with 4 buttons, upper left corner)
Nightfalls Inventory screen

I put up the Quick Change window but its black, can't see any writing or anything. Almost the same with the Inventory.

Just a few suggestions. Love the UI, but like the functionality of Nightfall.
Unread 12-26-2005, 06:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Venekor
Default Target Window

Before I ask my question I must say this is has been worth the wait. Great Job to all who has been involved.

Now my question which goes mainly to Wulfy. How can I get my Target window to be up ALL the time? The way the skulls sit on my setup, they sit in between to chat windows. The black space when there isn't a target makes the space look like my little girls missing two front teeth. I have tried different methods, but no success. BTW I have been to merge some of Profits Objects with this one, and made my own Player Window using the Skull,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000026.jpg
Views:	1194
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	4385  
Unread 12-27-2005, 12:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechaar
Before I ask my question I must say this is has been worth the wait. Great Job to all who has been involved.

Now my question which goes mainly to Wulfy. How can I get my Target window to be up ALL the time? The way the skulls sit on my setup, they sit in between to chat windows. The black space when there isn't a target makes the space look like my little girls missing two front teeth. I have tried different methods, but no success. BTW I have been to merge some of Profits Objects with this one, and made my own Player Window using the Skull,
For some reason, I can't seem to get the health bars and images working properly if I'm using any profit stuff...

NVM Just had to include an extra XML, I got it.

Last edited by toadwaker : 12-27-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Unread 12-28-2005, 12:39 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Target Window

I have yet been able to figure out how to keep the target window up ALL the time. Any Luck?

Zechaar Tin'Uveil of "The Elders"
Lavastorm Server
Unread 12-28-2005, 01:20 PM
A Griffawn

Default Hmm

Quote:
I have yet been able to figure out how to keep the target window up ALL the time. Any Luck?

Lavastorm Server
No matter what UI you use, if you are not targeting something, there is not target window up. This UI acts no differently in that respect. Maybe I am not understanding the issue or question.

Drunador
Unread 12-28-2005, 01:25 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I want it to stay up, Profit did it. I can't seem to find out how. At one point we couldn't make the clock stay up. Why should this be any different? I understand if someone can't come up with a answer. I want the skulls and bars to stay up all the time, even though they may be blank.

Thanks for you help,

Zechaar Tin'Uviel of "The Elders"
Unread 12-30-2005, 12:37 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:

Lavastorm Server
Hmmm, ctrl-t or alt-t brings up my target window without anyone targeted. If I do it again, it brings up the implied target window, as well. A third time and it takes them all down.
Unread 12-31-2005, 01:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

UI looks great. Any way to change the skull fill color from blue to red?
Unread 01-01-2006, 12:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

I cant figure out how to get this to work do i just put it into the ui folder? and I cant find the eq2.ini file or whatever. Im a idiot can anyone PLEASE show me what im looking for? and when he says this

Extract the files from the distribution file to your EQ2 UI Folder. Make sure to Cut and paste the EQ2.ini file from the UI Folder into your EQ2 main directory. This is the file that tells EQ2 what UI to load.

what is the main direct?

Last edited by googa : 01-01-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Unread 01-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

How to install an interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdeka
UI looks great. Any way to change the skull fill color from blue to red?
Yep, I'll try and post that for you by tonite, Merdeka.

Kharzon - still not sure why the startbutton's giving you issues. I'll run it at 1600x1200 tonite, and see if anything pops out at me. For the labels on the hotkey bar, that's actually part of the frame - I usually don't display them, so I didn't even change them at all. I'll look at shrinking the font, to make it a little more friendly, though.

Zechaar - haven't forgotten about the target window, I've got a few idea's on how to make that happen.

Hope everyone had a happy new year and merry christmas!!

Wulfy
Unread 01-15-2006, 06:19 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Thumbs Up

Hello.

I just finished modding this UI with the following:

Fetish Exchange 5.0
Fetish 6 Way Inventory 5.0
Fetish Maps 4.7 (Must have)
Findarato's Maintained (timers, who its cast on)
Wildsong's Raid Window
MookHotkey18
InfoCenter (Must have)

I tried to add in Mahonri's Quickchange Shutdown window. After I plop it into the UI directory, open up the .xml to add my character names and server, add the include to the mainhud.xml file, boot it up, and about 2 seconds later, I'm sitting looking at my desktop. I have no clue why it does this and I cannot make it compatible with the Gothic UI. Any chance you or someone else can take a look at it and see if you could? Thats the last thing I need and I would like to upload the UI for anyone to use. Only thing I did was spend a little time getting the Fetish pieces to work with the UI as I love, just love, the inventory and map. Fetish Exchange is only there for the find it button, honestly. Here's a link to the Quickchange Shutdown:

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4008

Any help would be appreciated and plz, let me know if I may upload this for others to use as it is a great UI with great mods.

Thank you

*EDIT*
I downloaded some of the other quick change windows. Tablets one cut out the graphics on stuff like the chat window, etc. I finally found Pooka's and it works, even skinned itself to the UI

So, may I upload this under compilations for others to use?

Last edited by Kharzon : 01-15-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Cool

Hey T.King i love all your modifies for UI. If i download the undead UI does it have an casting time orb with it or will i have to DL it separetly?
Unread 11-16-2006, 06:12 AM
A Coastal Crab

This UI is absolutely fabulous but don't work with EoF and LU#29 =(
Plz update it !!!!!! =)))
Unread 01-27-2007, 09:40 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock

I uploaded a patch for it that looks to be working properly. If there's any issues with it, please let me know.
Unread 02-19-2007, 01:49 PM
A Brown Bear

Wow! Awesome, thanks so much for taking the time to make this wonderful UI EoF compatible! I am sure many of us that play evil toons appreciate it!!
Unread 10-10-2007, 03:26 PM
A Coastal Crab

well there is one issue I found, and that is my Skill Tab on my persona menu doesnt appear at all. I dont know if its because its just not been update since GU 32 (and we are getting GU 39 next week) or if I installed something incorrectly but its not there.