EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 04-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Default Our Deepest Sympathies

Last March we said a sad farewell and RIP to Gary Gygax. Now we have to say them to David Lance Arneson.

Many of us got our start in gaming with Dungeons & Dragons or one of its computer adaptations and have fond memories of rolling dice, poring over rulebooks, braving dark caverns and castle keeps, battling kobolds and hill giants. As avid D&D players we are all saddened by the news of his passing; we feel we've lost a true adventuring companion. Thanks for everything and farewell, David. You will be missed.
Unread 04-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

He and Gary Gygax laid the foundation for a million worlds, and for that we all owe then our deepest thanks. With his passing an old friend has left the campaign, but thanks to them both the game continues on. Rest in peace, David Arneson, creator of worlds.
Unread 04-12-2009, 05:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Sympathies continued

As a longtime friend of Dave Arneson, would like everyone know how great a person he was. I can't start to tell you the number of times that excited fans of Magic: The Gathering or D&D would meet Dave face to face and he was always the humble person. He never refused to sign items for people when approached and always was embarassed for the attention paid to him for his contribution. He influenced a large contigency of people. My first encounter with Dave Arneson was showing up at the "headquarters" in Lake Geneva Wis with friends to playtest the rules in 1970 and for years Dave and I talked about those early years frequently. He knew how much his and Gary's rules set started things but never treated anyone as if they owed them. I will always think about both of them whenever it thunders and thinking there goes another roll of the dice by Dave and Gary. Condolences to the family.