EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 03-07-2019, 02:34 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Unkown
Default HotBar / HotKey TextStyleDS Bug??

I'm not sure if this is the default UI's fault or what. It seems that when you put Minimal Text as your preferred level of hotkey brevity it doesn't really like that for NUMPAD hotkeys:

I would expect it to shorten it to something like NP1 / NP2 like shift+4 gets shortened to S2 and ALT+1 gets shortened to A1. I searched everywhere in the ui for various things that could be controlling that and i'm honestly not sure if it's UI or a bug that has to go to Daybreak to fix.
Unread 03-08-2019, 07:58 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

This has been reported in the past, and I made an effort to re-label the long names down to short abbreviations. Hotkey labels are packaged in a way that makes it very hard to see or modify them from the client UI, so the solution was to maintain a separate list of 120 keybinds that would be pasted over top of the hotkeys which all had their default labels set to not show. Anytime you changed a keybind you would have to manually maintain the custom list. It was way too much trouble.

The game developers would be much better situated to make this adjustment. I agree the longer labels are very messy.