EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-31-2022, 01:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Mission Tab

Hi, I just wanted to note some behaviors I'm observing with ProfitUI 1.0.0.2:

When I visit the Mission Timer tab in the Journal, it irreversibly shrinks all of my window fonts to a virtually illegible size until I re-launch the game. 100% reproducible. All text size within windows are affected ( Journal quest text to the worst extent ), but not chat bubbles / chat text, etc.

It seems entirely consistent with an experience a user in this thread noted back when evidently the feature was being introduced:

https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/...hlight=mission

I also have no idea if a second behavior is another unintended consequence of whatever bug exists, but when I scroll down the Mission Timer tab the font size gradually shrinks on each line to the bottom.

I do not know if it is related, but I am never able to update a specific component in the ProfitUI CE Utility: "Folder: TrueType (tm) fonts. Time and again, remains yellow. I have tried running the Utility as admin, still no dice.
Unread 08-31-2022, 10:47 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There is an updated Journal on the ProfitUI CE server that should not change your font sizes dynamically.

If you are logged in when you check for updates, or if you crashed previously, the updater may have trouble with the fonts folder (yellow cell) due to highspeed.ttf or speedline.ttf being locked by the system. The best way to clear this is to log out of the game completely, manually delete any .fot files you see in the EverQuest II\UI\fonts folder, restart the computer, then check for updates before doing anything else.
Unread 08-31-2022, 04:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
There is an updated Journal on the ProfitUI CE server that should not change your font sizes dynamically.

If you are logged in when you check for updates, or if you crashed previously, the updater may have trouble with the fonts folder (yellow cell) due to highspeed.ttf or speedline.ttf being locked by the system. The best way to clear this is to log out of the game completely, manually delete any .fot files you see in the EverQuest II\UI\fonts folder, restart the computer, then check for updates before doing anything else.
Hey sir, just wanted to confirm that I updated that Journal element, and the issue is resolved:

Visiting the Mission Timer tab, the fonts there were normal, and returning to other windows thereafter they were unaffected by the previous shrink issue.

Have you got a Patreon I could contribute to?

Additionally, can confirm that after an exit from the game I was able to update that font successfully.

If I'm interpreting correctly that you read this and resolved the issue with the Journal element in response, I just want to express heartfelt gratitude.
Unread 09-01-2022, 08:39 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You're very welcome. Thank you for the feedback.