Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 09-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloc View Post
I'm also having a problem with UISettingsSpy locking up when trying to delete the bag info. I've submitted it as a bug, but no word on it yet.
Yea yea yea, I'll get to it:P I am just really busy at work so not a lot of time to fix things ATM.
Unread 09-06-2008, 05:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey Landin. Didn't mean to sound like I was being impatient. Just wanted to let him know that he wasn't the only one having the problem. It's people like you that keep us from tearing our hair out due to SoE bugs that their solution to fixing is to delete and start over. Thanks for the work and time you put into this.
Unread 10-10-2008, 06:34 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Befallen
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedron View Post
This post pointed me in the right direction, thanks tknarr. I had seen the post before but didn't know what UiSettingsSpy was at the time. Excellent little program by the way. It can be a little overwhelming for novices, so I thought this walk through might help out a bit.

Step 1) While not running EQ2, download, extract, and run UiSettingsSpy from here

Step 2) On the first tab, select the UI file that you want to fix (I.E. servername_gedron_eq2_uisettings.ini)

Step 3) Click on the "View Data" tab

Step 4) In the lower right area called "Modules and Windows" expand the "Inventory" tree and look for bag clones that are different than the others. In my case they were like "bag_clone_205_0" and "bag_clone_206_0". I had 3 of them to remove. For clarification - the bag clones in bold with the higher numbers in the list below would be the ones that you want to find (exact names may vary I suppose)
  • -Bag_clone_0_-3
  • -Bag_clone_0_-4
  • -Bag_clone_0_-5
  • -Bag_clone_11_-3
  • -Bag_clone_17_-1
  • -Bag_clone_1_-3
  • -Bag_clone_1_-4
  • -Bag_clone_1_-5
  • -Bag_clone_205_0
  • -Bag_clone_206_0
  • -Bag_clone_251_0
  • -Bag_clone_2_-3
  • -Bag_clone_2_-4
  • -Bag_clone_2_0
  • -Bag_clone_3_-3
  • -Bag_clone_3_-4
  • -Bag_clone_3_0

Step 5) Click on each of those clones to highlight them, then click on the "Delete" button right below the "Modules and Windows" area for each "unusual" bag clone
[NOTE - some people have reported having success only after they deleted ALL Bag_Clone entries... it might be worth a shot if just removing these entries doesn't work for you]

Step 6) When they are gone, click on "Save" under the File menu in the upper left corner, then Close UiSettingsSpy.

Step 7) Load the game and test that it now saves things properly. If all is good then you can either go back in to UiSettingsSpy and modify all of the other character files, or you can use /load_uisettings within the game to copy the settings from your fixed profile... whichever you think will be better.

Good luck :P
-Ged

I've done all this, I've even removed Profit and done a fresh reinstall of both Profit and UISettings Spy. What I'm not getting is anything in the box that says "Modules and Windows", how do I get this Inventory line you say to use?? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what?! BTW, if I delete all my ui server settings files and try to load one of the Profits into UISettings, it gives me an error saying "This seems to be a uisettings file PreLU47. UISettings Spy no longer supports the old format." Might that be the reason, because that is what I base all my settings off. Thanks for your time guys, and I appreciate everything, honest!
Unread 10-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloc View Post
Hey Landin. Didn't mean to sound like I was being impatient. Just wanted to let him know that he wasn't the only one having the problem. It's people like you that keep us from tearing our hair out due to SoE bugs that their solution to fixing is to delete and start over. Thanks for the work and time you put into this.
Oh I didn't take it u was being impatient, just PUSHY! lol j/k no worries Malloc

The current work around is to add a voice chat channel and every thing will populate (or should). I am slowly working on this but I have upgraded to D2009 from D2006 witch added more work to getting this fixed:/

Last edited by Landiin : 10-10-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Unread 10-10-2008, 09:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarissa View Post
I've done all this, I've even removed Profit and done a fresh reinstall of both Profit and UISettings Spy. What I'm not getting is anything in the box that says "Modules and Windows", how do I get this Inventory line you say to use?? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what?! BTW, if I delete all my ui server settings files and try to load one of the Profits into UISettings, it gives me an error saying "This seems to be a uisettings file PreLU47. UISettings Spy no longer supports the old format." Might that be the reason, because that is what I base all my settings off. Thanks for your time guys, and I appreciate everything, honest!
ProfitUI default uisettings should not have problems with the bags, if you are going to delete your uisettings anyway you can just use the ProfitUI defaults without further modification.
Unread 10-26-2008, 10:12 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

I too have an issue with a rogue bag. I tried using the UIsettingsSpy but when I tell it to view data I don't have and inventoty button to expand under windows and modules. I'm running XP 64 could that be the problem, or did I misread something in the orgininal post?

TIA
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarissa View Post
same here, modules and windows remains blank with both ProfitUI and modified profile, and i too get "This seems to be a uisettings file PreLU47. UISettings Spy no longer supports the old format." when loading ProfitUI profile. No error message when loading modified character profile.

edit , tried different versions of UI settings spy
1.0.3.4(according to "About" box), filename suggests its 1.0.3.5, behaves as described above
1.0.3.4(version name in filename) hangs immediately, I did try to rename the ui files alphabeticaly so that the spy would look into different UI files when its launched, hang with every file
1.0.3.3(version name in filename, "about" box doesnt say anything) works like a charm for default ProfitUI default profile but modified *.ini files won't show anything in "Modules and Windows" box. Doesnt show it with profile files that i had saved from time i only used the default SOE UI either

With default ProfitUI1280x1024 bags wont fit without ovelapping, have to re-arrange the placement and the bag slot size

Last edited by PilgrimEQ2 : 11-07-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Unread 11-07-2008, 05:03 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Landiin, the author of UISettingsSpy, explained 4 posts above how to work around the issue in UISettingsSpy until he fixes it.
Unread 11-08-2008, 05:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

thank you, dont know why i missed that post. And indeed workaround works
Unread 11-15-2008, 11:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I added a voice chat window, it populated the module window, but when I delete an "unusual" bag the program stops responding
Unread 11-20-2008, 04:25 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Bag Positioning woes...

Ok...this is what I've discovered in hopes it will help someone.

Bag_clone_0_-3 thru Bag_clone_11_-3 are all regular bank slot bag positions
Bag_clone_0_-4 thru Bag_clone_7_-4 are all of the shared bank slot bag positions
Bag_clone_0_-5 thru Bag_clone_5_-5 are all of the house vault bag positions
Bag_clone_0_0 thru Bag_clone_5_0 are the inventory bag positions
Bag_clone_17_-1 is the ammo bag position

Now...the other thing I discovered is that if you have 12 regular bank slots + 8 shared bank slots + 1 ammo bag + 6 inventory bags + 6 housing vault slots...EQ2 seems to stop adding entries to the .ini file after creating 30 bag entries.

Can anyone confirm this? This means that if you have the maximum amount of storage on a toon you end up with 3 rogue bags?
Unread 11-20-2008, 05:14 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokesc View Post
Can anyone confirm this? This means that if you have the maximum amount of storage on a toon you end up with 3 rogue bags?
Yes that's exactly the issue at hand, it is and always was a bug SOE needs to fix.
Unread 12-01-2008, 04:47 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Everfrost

I thought this was fixed and hadn't had a problem at all since doing the "backup" method after the first problem arose. I just did it on one toon, then copied that setting to all the other toons and it was done.

Now, the problem is here again after upgrading to the new expansion and the ui settings spy and backup method both fail to keep the bags in place. Is it simply a lost cause now?
Unread 12-31-2008, 09:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Toxxulia
Default Same issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboom View Post
I tried to remove the high number bags using UiSettingsSpy and the program seems to lock up. I ended task and tried it on other bags and it also locks up. I have the most recent version of UiSettingsSpy and have followed the instructions to the letter. What could I be diong wrong? Is there an incompatibility with the latest LU? I'm at a loss.
I'm doing the same thing. As I delete the "high numbered" bags, the program locks up.

I'll play around with it more and see if I can find out what is going on.

I also noticed that if I maximized the gui, I couldn't see the delete and compare windows buttons. Best to leave it the size it is. Thanks for the help all!
Mannheim, Germany
[email protected]
Unread 01-05-2009, 10:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboom View Post
I tried to remove the high number bags using UiSettingsSpy and the program seems to lock up. I ended task and tried it on other bags and it also locks up. I have the most recent version of UiSettingsSpy and have followed the instructions to the letter. What could I be diong wrong? Is there an incompatibility with the latest LU? I'm at a loss.
Yeah, I got the same results. Everything locked up on me after I deleted a bag clone and I had to end the process with Task Manager. I tried the author's work around and it allowed me to delete one bag clone, but then all the bag clones dissapeared from the list and I was unable to get anything to show regardless of what I did... add a chat channel, restart the application..

I ended up just deleting the ini file and just starting with the ProfitUI default for my resolution. I fixed all my bag positions and logged off and back in and they stayed so I copied my UI to my other toons.