EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-31-2008, 08:56 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Permafrost
Default How to fix the bags without starting from scratch after GU45

Hi,

The title pretty much says it, I noticed a bunch of updates to the default ui settings files that I assume contains fixes to the hidden bags, perhaps that is a faulty assumption on my part though. Anyway, I was wondering if there was a fix to the bags locations not saving properly without having to reconfigure the locations of everything on my screen. Wishful thinking I suppose, but its a considerable amount of work for my settings, and I figured it was worth the asking,

-Ged

P.S. GM9, Thanks for changing the item links to lootdb, much more useful that way

Last edited by Gedron : 05-31-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Unread 05-31-2008, 09:33 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default Solution

I figured it out I think... posting a detailed solution in a min
Unread 05-31-2008, 09:51 AM
A Berserk Golem

This post pointed me in the right direction, thanks tknarr. I had seen the post before but didn't know what UiSettingsSpy was at the time. Excellent little program by the way. It can be a little overwhelming for novices, so I thought this walk through might help out a bit.

Step 1) While not running EQ2, download, extract, and run UiSettingsSpy from here

Step 2) On the first tab, select the UI file that you want to fix (I.E. servername_gedron_eq2_uisettings.ini)

Step 3) Click on the "View Data" tab

Step 4) In the lower right area called "Modules and Windows" expand the "Inventory" tree and look for bag clones that are different than the others. In my case they were like "bag_clone_205_0" and "bag_clone_206_0". I had 3 of them to remove. For clarification - the bag clones in bold with the higher numbers in the list below would be the ones that you want to find (exact names may vary I suppose)
  • -Bag_clone_0_-3
  • -Bag_clone_0_-4
  • -Bag_clone_0_-5
  • -Bag_clone_11_-3
  • -Bag_clone_17_-1
  • -Bag_clone_1_-3
  • -Bag_clone_1_-4
  • -Bag_clone_1_-5
  • -Bag_clone_205_0
  • -Bag_clone_206_0
  • -Bag_clone_251_0
  • -Bag_clone_2_-3
  • -Bag_clone_2_-4
  • -Bag_clone_2_0
  • -Bag_clone_3_-3
  • -Bag_clone_3_-4
  • -Bag_clone_3_0

Step 5) Click on each of those clones to highlight them, then click on the "Delete" button right below the "Modules and Windows" area for each "unusual" bag clone
[NOTE - some people have reported having success only after they deleted ALL Bag_Clone entries... it might be worth a shot if just removing these entries doesn't work for you]

Step 6) When they are gone, click on "Save" under the File menu in the upper left corner, then Close UiSettingsSpy.

Step 7) Load the game and test that it now saves things properly. If all is good then you can either go back in to UiSettingsSpy and modify all of the other character files, or you can use /load_uisettings within the game to copy the settings from your fixed profile... whichever you think will be better.

Good luck :P
-Ged

Last edited by Gedron : 07-24-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Unread 06-01-2008, 12:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw
Smile

Thank You! I followed your instructions and voila, worked like a charm, no need to start from scratch and redo all of ProfitUI.
I hope more people read this thread as it did the trick with the bags 100%.

Once again, thanks a lot.
Unread 06-01-2008, 01:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Just confirming that the above is the thing to do if you are comfortable editing your files with the UIsettingsSpy, that's exactly how I had updated the default files as mentioned in the OP. Thanks for that walkthrough.
Unread 06-01-2008, 03:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Vox

I am a little confused. What do you mean by "different"? Each bag has something different. Are we talking about the way the name is listed? Or the way the data info is listed?

Thanks for the help, this is a major annoyance for me!
Unread 06-01-2008, 04:22 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The ones with the high numbers.
Unread 06-01-2008, 05:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Vox

Thanks a bunch!
Unread 06-01-2008, 10:41 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

If not good at editing or prefer not to use that method. This is what I found on SOE forums. (After alot of searching and many methods given.)
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=418404
Quote:
I finally found an acceptable solution:

Rename "Servername_CharacterName_EQ2_uisettings.ini" to something like "Servername_CharacterNameBACKUP_EQ2_uisettings.ini"
Start EQ2 and log onto the character. Do NOT load any UI settings.
Go to a bank and setup bank boxes the size, shape and pos you want them.
Type /leaveall in chat to leave all chat channels.
Camp out and back in (did this just in case) to the character.
Type /load_uisettings and load the settings of CharacterBACKUP.
GRATS. You are done!
I used this method and seems to be working great. No complete delete of character .ini file, and starting from scratch of window positions.
Just followed the quote in detail and it simply worked.

Figured this would be best place for different variants of fixing.
Unread 06-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Just a note for Vista users, create a short cut of the "UiSettingsSpy" program and open the properties.

Then go to the "Compatibility" tab and select the "Disable visual themes"

Now you can see your "Delete" button :P
Unread 06-28-2008, 06:51 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Unhappy Did not work for me.....

I followed the instructions and found 3 bags with higher numbers than the others. I deleted them and saved the ui then loaded EQ2 and set the bags to the locations that I wanted. Changed zones then went to the bank and found that the bags still move to where ever they want to. I reloaded UiSettingSpy and checked my profile and the bags that I deleted where gone. Went back and logged into EQ2 and checked again to find the bags still will not remember their locations. So what next. This fix does not seem to work.
Unread 06-29-2008, 02:40 PM
A Berserk Golem

Well, it "should" have worked... I know it did for me, and for many others. Have you tried the method stated by Pure just a couple above yours?

-Ged
Unread 06-30-2008, 12:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Unhappy Still No Joy

Well I went and tried it on a different toon, followed Gedron's instructions to the letter, and still no joy. The new bank bags still move to where ever they want to. I set them, then switched toons and checked the bank again to find the bags still will not stay where I put them.
Unread 06-30-2008, 05:24 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

At least if you use the auto updater you can also remove your uisettings and start over using the default ProfitUI uisettings as they have been fixed a while ago (as mentioned in the OP). I can't remember whether the manual install is up to date.
Unread 07-06-2008, 12:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Default bags and UI

Was just wondering if i load another ui setting from another toon of mine does it include the bank,broker and house slot bags, ie position and size etc.

thanks
Unread 07-07-2008, 01:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

yes it does
Unread 07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
A Brown Bear

Default This fix does not work for me

I've followed all the steps from above and I have no odd size bag clones. they are all in range 0-3 to 17-1.

[IMG]E:\EQ2\Interfaces\Bags info.JPG[/IMG]

any suggestion on what to try now

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bags info.JPG
Views:	552
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	6479  
Unread 07-18-2008, 12:06 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Are you sure you are editing the correct file, i.e. that of the toon with the problem?

Otherwise what should certainly work is just to delete every one of the bag entries. You will need to rearrange all bags in game but it should save afterwards.
Unread 07-19-2008, 11:33 AM
A Brown Bear

Default bags and UI

ok, will delete all the bag entrys and try that, when i do will i have to do this for all 19 toons or just one and load the ui? And yes it is the correct toon, but all of them move the bags on their own.

i have this problem on 2 computers and 2 accounts

thanks
Unread 07-19-2008, 11:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If all your toons use the same layout just delete all their uisettings.ini files (except the one you fixed of course) and select the fixed one when you log in.

Otherwise you will have to do them all manually. However, if removing all bag entries helps, just compare the fixed file with the previous ones and see which entry was the culprit. That way you only need to remove that one for your other toons.
Unread 07-23-2008, 10:28 AM
A Coastal Crab

Just to confrim that this worked for me. I had to delete all the bag_clone data because the problem just shifted to other bags when I only deleted the high values.

I really stopped by to thank Gedron for the clear instructions and gm9 for bringing it to my attention on the official forums - and anyone else who had a hand in it! Thank you.
Unread 07-24-2008, 10:31 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsenniel View Post
Just to confrim that this worked for me. I had to delete all the bag_clone data because the problem just shifted to other bags when I only deleted the high values.

I really stopped by to thank Gedron for the clear instructions and gm9 for bringing it to my attention on the official forums - and anyone else who had a hand in it! Thank you.
Glad it helped you. I modified my instructions to include the possibility of removing all bag entries too. Thanks.

-Ged

Last edited by Gedron : 07-24-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Unread 08-31-2008, 10:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Curious...

one of my characters now has bags that want to attach to the top bar of ProfitUI Reborn. No idea why this is happening but it's just with my latest alt. Would this be the problem?

Thanks for any assistance.

Found my own answer. Change the ui_setting to another character, if you can. Otherwise, change the scaling through /load_uisettings

Last edited by Taff : 08-31-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Unread 09-01-2008, 11:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I tried to remove the high number bags using UiSettingsSpy and the program seems to lock up. I ended task and tried it on other bags and it also locks up. I have the most recent version of UiSettingsSpy and have followed the instructions to the letter. What could I be diong wrong? Is there an incompatibility with the latest LU? I'm at a loss.
Unread 09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm also having a problem with UISettingsSpy locking up when trying to delete the bag info. I've submitted it as a bug, but no word on it yet.