EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 07-05-2006, 12:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default Dabbling...here's a taste

Not really sure if I want to complete this look for release or not - I would love to hear comments and constructive criticism.

Thanks in advance for your time.

-LK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LK_PlayerWindow.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	5059  
Unread 07-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

For whatever my opinion is worth, I think it looks good. Easy to read, nice and clean but with a nice texture so that it isn't all plain and boring.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 07-05-2006, 02:23 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

Of the player windows that I have seen containing that sort of info this is a nice one, in that it looks nice.

Personally I dont like to have all those stats visable all the time, just takes up too much screen space imho.

No harm in putting it out there for people to decide if they want to use it or not, I assume you are creating it because you are going to use it so it's no skin off your nose if 1 or 100 other people use it I say keep up the good work! Can never have too many mods available I say
Unread 07-05-2006, 03:52 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Grobb

I like the look. Opinion is clean the unused space up..bring the hp closer to the stats and give the HP/Power numbers
Unread 07-05-2006, 12:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default Comments

Thanks for the kind words folks - Much appreciated...I think I WILL continue with my efforts and create an entire skin with this L&F.

Some side-notes:
You are correct - it is rather large. That's specifically why I began created this. You see, I play in 1920 x 1200 resolution and thus far, I've been somewhat dissappointed with the mods out there at this time for that screensize...so - build my own!

I like the idea of adding HP / Power numbers next to the bars...doing that right now in fact, but I will not be lowering the HP/Power bars closer to the stats: That space is where the four dot-types afflicting the Player go ( you know, the huge icons that say you're hit by Elemental, Arcane, etc. etc.)

Thanks again folks - I'll begin posting my source code on the beta forum along with screen shots of my progress and as always, I welcome comments and criticism from everyone present: I'm a complete noob with regards to UI mods.

-LK

ps - This screenshot is the actual code being used in-game. I plan on completing the entire look and feel and then I'll hit the Beta forum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StartingUI.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	5061  

Last edited by Elkay : 07-06-2006 at 12:22 AM.