Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 11-16-2005, 10:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test
Default Serenity UI Suite

Hello all,

I've been working on my first full UI rather than just individual windows and support of other UIs. I call this Serenity and it is based upon the new default UI graphics. I found them to be very nice and soothing

At the moment this is VERY much a work in progress. Some things are done, some are not, others i'm sure will change. But in any case I thought i'd release a sneaky preview of things as they are.

Note that in the screenshots here, everything is more or less arranged in a "hud" style, but that is just my personal preference. Nothing about the UI actually forces that choice. Its just setup size wise to make it easy to do. Many of the windows have the same heights or widths so they can stack nicely.

The cornerstone of this whole UI, what got me started on doing it, was to make a more versatile inventory window. I wanted something that was more of a docking inventory and so that's what I made The inventory window in this UI is designed to be always open (though you CAN close it if you want). It expands and contracts -- or docks -- as desired. You can see both versions in the the screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000016.jpg
Views:	1405
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	4080  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000017.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	4081  
Unread 11-20-2005, 09:35 PM
A Griffon

Some more shots as Serenity evolves. Note the smaller inventory window (I still need to redo it for docking funcionality) and the new experience window.

The EXP window is a 3 way window. The standard window size shows the Adventure EXP or Craft EXP, swappable like the default UI. If you resize the window to the RIGHT it reveals Guild EXP. If you resize the window DOWN it reveals a permanent Craft EXP gauge. So its a 3 way window and can be setup as desired to show 1, 2, or all 3 gauges however you want.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000020.jpg
Views:	827
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	4115  
Unread 11-20-2005, 09:37 PM
A Griffon

Oh, also a note on the more open feeling in this screenshot. This is not because of any radical changes but rather is just another way of laying out the windows. By turning off the frames and backgrounds it becomes a much more open UI while still retaining full functionality.
Unread 11-21-2005, 12:22 AM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Looks good man. I like the simplicity. However, it may be a little large for most people's preferences. However, if that's how you want it, don't feel a need to impress anyone else. I'm sure some people will like it a lot. I like the looks of it a TON, but it's just a little big for my liking.

Just my two cents.
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:38 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Looks great, keep up the good work.

I'm sure many would love to have it.
Unread 11-21-2005, 10:13 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamintar
Looks good man. I like the simplicity. However, it may be a little large for most people's preferences. However, if that's how you want it, don't feel a need to impress anyone else. I'm sure some people will like it a lot. I like the looks of it a TON, but it's just a little big for my liking.

Just my two cents.
Its really designed to be space efficient, but there is still lots of tweaking to do. What specifically in the screenshots seems too big for you?
Unread 11-21-2005, 10:18 AM
A Griffon

Send a message via AIM to Vanyari

Speaking for myself, the hotkeys in particular seemed much too large. I prefer 3/4 size and will sometimes even go as low as 1/2 when necessary. Bags are also 3/4 at the largest for me.

To echo others though, I do like the simplicity and general layout of it so far. It does have a nice open feel to it. Good work!
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
A Griffon

The hotleys were full size in that screenshot because I just hadn't gotten to them yet (Since I play on Test I was using the new feature to adjust hotbar size in game). However later last night I had shrunk down the hotbar.

The gauges are still too big for my taste and will also be shrunk down some.

When I do finally release this there will be two major versions of most windows. One will be full size the other will be a reduced size for people who want it smaller.

So if you like the overall look and have any interest, hang in there
Unread 11-21-2005, 12:21 PM
A Griffon

I was just wrapping up the graphics and xml for the half height gauges and thought i'd post some updated screenshots. The first is an overall that shows the current size of the hotkeys in Serenity, as well as a comparison of the half height gauges (in player window) to the full size gauges (in the experience window). Also in this shot the experience window is fully expanded to show all 3 experience bars.

The other screenshots I thought i'd throw up to show how the experience window can be resized as desired to show certain gauges. In the other screenshots I turned on the window's background and borders, but you dont' have to have them on if you don't want. Any of these could have looked like the main shot if I wanted.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000021.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	4119  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000022.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	4120  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000023.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	4121  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000024.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	4122  
Unread 11-22-2005, 08:34 AM
A Griffon

Any comments on the smaller gauges?

Absolutely nothing is finalized at this point. Its all design for the most part so feedback is most appreciated. I'm not goign to drasticly alter the design style, but may be able to improve small aspects of it
Unread 11-29-2005, 09:54 AM
A Griffon

Here is the first release of Serenity. I'm posting it here because I really consider this ALPHA or Pre-Beta. It is not finished, nothing is finalized and may change, but it IS useable without any problems so far as i've been able to see.

The more testing I can get on what is in there now, as well as feedback, will help a great deal.

A couple of notes:
The player window, target window, and experience windows are all resizeable either down, to the right, or both, in order to display more or less information.

The inventory window is a special docking window. To set the location of the window when in the docked state, click the button to show the dock window then move it to where you want it to dock. The full size inventory window saves its own location as well, so you could actually have the dock in one place and the full size in another if you choose.

TIP: Resizing the various expandable/contractable windows is easier if you turn on the window borders.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Serenity.zip (307.0 KB, 471 views)
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 11-30-2005, 08:57 AM
A Griffon

Hmm.. Ok well seems to be basicly no interest in this UI suite. So, I will most likely be discontinuing development on it and will probably just retool the indivikdual windows so they can be used by themselves and leave it at that.
Unread 12-01-2005, 12:07 PM
A Sea Turtle

I like the idea of Serenity, Aga, and would consider moving to it, but what a lot of UI modders run into is becoming a tad dejected, I think, when their mod isn't adopted early.

I currently use Laff's Alt Perdition, which I really like, but it's also far more mature. I had been intending to move to Laff's Lite, and honestly I'm just looking for a sharp-looking mod that stays as up-to-date as possible with the all of the changes the devs make.

That is such daunting challenge for the mod author to overcome...Adding more functionality while adapting to default UI changes.

In any case, I thought the bars you posted look sharp, and hope you don't abandon this idea, and instead carry it ahead. The EQ2 Community has precious few mod authors and if we players don't continue to support you guys, there will eventually not be any of you left.
Unread 12-01-2005, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

What your saying Jerhico is very true in all respects...

And Agathorn I would like to see this completed also, if you keep in the same clean style for all the other windows and such this looks like it could be a damn good alt for the OCD since Jaxel has gone back to collage, so I gather.. And it may just only be a matter of time that OCD will fall by the wayside if sombody doesnt take it over properly thats just my prediction / thoughts likes...

Laffs Lite was of course born from "alt Perdition" mainly to get Madhog off my case hehe, As he made the surgestions as to how it should look at the time there was only about 3 peeps that had any interest in it, Far as I could gather but persistance from those few and Madhog pushing me all the time to get it running right ensured that it did get finished! ....

Personaly I thought it was going to be a flop that only a few would use! But it grew on me and I now use it as well... My true download stats got wiped about 3 times due to my error hehe so the real figure is probably about 5k ish downloads....... Not such a flop afterall lol

I think what happens is peeps read the stuff and either forget to post a comment or are just to busy to and just wait silenty for it to spring into life in the downloads section.....

I for one have been keeping an eye on this thread and the dev of this UI but havent said anything untill now....

Dont loose heart m8 its got the makings of a damn good UI..... So get cracking with it lol

If I can be of some assistance to you then just ask.
Unread 12-01-2005, 01:35 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for the comments guys. For me personally a lot of what I do I like to have people enjoy using it. As you know it is a huge amount of work to do a full custom UI and I like to know that that work is being used by more than just myself
Unread 12-01-2005, 05:38 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I use Fetish Nightfall now - I like the small clean look, but I do like to have a lot of information available without a whole lot of effort. I'll def give this UI a try (at some point, too lazy today =P).

Very clean looking UI, I like the smaller hotbars and the health/etc windows. I personally really like a personabar, like Fetish has and numerous others also do I'm sure.

Don't be discouraged by lack of response - this is a great looking UI, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Unread 12-01-2005, 05:51 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for the comments!

If by persona bar you mean a stats bar; That is planned for Serenity as I like them too. It just hasn't been done yet. Theres a LOT of more advanced features I have planned for Serenity -- it just takes a lot of time to do them
Unread 12-05-2005, 08:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Im interesting in using the UI if all the basic functionality is working...

Beta 1 was missing alot, ill give beta 2 a try tonight.