EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-19-2011, 10:57 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Mistmoore
Default r_particle_priority fail

This may seem a little odd and maybe it something easily fixed or finally, this may not even be the right place for this kind of question but here goes...

It seems as though no matter what I select I cannot completely disable particle effects, I used to be able to achieve this quickly with a macro to /r_particle_priority 0 and then toggle back with its counter /r_particle Priority 1. Lately however, the command to cancel them doesnt seem to be working, even after zoning (used to be required to actually change current particle effects on screen). So I try to change it in the actual in game options and I try to set quality of particles. I thought there used to be an option for none, which was what was needed if you wanted to get rid of the bard notes (they are just a little "busy" for me I guess). Now, I cant find the option for none, minimal is the best offered option now but seems to change very little for me. If anybody has a solution or knows something about this please reply or pm me. Thanks for any help in advance.
Unread 12-22-2011, 01:30 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

This "feature" exploits the fact that everything in options is a slash command. This particular option is a drop down menu with 4 settings. 0-4. If you were to choose -1 or 5, it would be out of range and the drop down selector would select nothing. EQ2 doesn't have a failsafe for that, so no particles are rendered at all. SoE didn't really intend for it(though they should have made it a valid option).

TL;DR
It still works for me with -1.
Unread 12-27-2011, 07:35 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Mistmoore

Thanks for your response.