EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Closed Thread
Unread 09-27-2007, 01:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Re: Maintained Spell Window

Hi, came across your maintained spells addon, and really liked it, but every time I adjust the bounding box it disappears upon the next login. Moving it around the screen doesn't seem to be a problem, but if I change the height or width of it; on the next login it is gone. Granted not sure if this is just a quirk of EQ2 or not, but was curious if there was anything that could be done about it.

Thanks.
Unread 09-27-2007, 03:52 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujoker View Post
Hi, came across your maintained spells addon, and really liked it, but every time I adjust the bounding box it disappears upon the next login. Moving it around the screen doesn't seem to be a problem, but if I change the height or width of it; on the next login it is gone. Granted not sure if this is just a quirk of EQ2 or not, but was curious if there was anything that could be done about it.

Thanks.
When you right click the window and select Window Settings what does that window say?

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-28-2007, 08:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Initially it is locked & click-through, and that is generally how I have it when logging in and out. Hmm, seems to disappear if I don't do anything to it. Left it in its default location and upon the next login it had disappeared. (sorry went back for the other window settings info)

Window Opacities are all the way to the right, with both locked and clicked through checked.

Frame and Title options has frame only selected and opacities to the left.

Backdrop options are the opacities and to the left.

Just in case running addons for a modded browser, target ring, exp bar, hotbar, persona, and inventory.
Unread 09-28-2007, 01:23 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujoker View Post
Frame and Title options has frame only selected and opacities to the left.
The bounding box is the frame, so you'll have to have at least one of the frame sliders to the right.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-28-2007, 03:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Sorry, it didn't have an effect, and thought it might be a conflict with another addon so spent some time adding and removing them. I'll just chalk it up to something eq2 is doing in the background that is messing it up, cause sometimes it stays up through a bunch of logins only to disappear the next.

Thanks for your time and the work you put into your addons.
Unread 10-08-2007, 01:57 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Crushbone

Love your mod, thanks! Any chance of getting a spell effects window with the same timer feature as the maintained window? I'd love to be able to see if that poison or ice spell I just got hit with is going to stick around for 10 seconds or 30 - half the time I'm in the middle of triggering something when it lands, and my cure potion is still applying when the effect drops. Other half of the time I think it's about to drop because it's flashing, and it keeps flashing forever. Very frustrating.
Unread 10-08-2007, 02:26 AM
A Griffon

No, sorry that information isn't available for us. The spell effects window is going to be separated into a spell effects and detrimental effects window in the next update though. So it will be easier to see debuffs compared to now.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 10-19-2007, 04:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Oh... I just wanted to let you know it wasn't anything in your mod. It was my fault and a quirk in eq2. At some point in time I had turned off the maintained spell display (alt+m) ... and for some reason when creating new character ini files it shows all the windows, and then on subsequent logins it goes back to what a person has turned on or off.

Thanks again for the time and effort put into your mods.
Unread 11-05-2007, 12:51 AM
A Griffon

HonorJim posted on my portal:
Quote:
Hello!
I am trying to edit the bookmarks and windows Vista keeps giving me an error and not saving the new file.
I am using windows notepad to edit it and here is the line I am adding in under misc.

<Data GoFlag="1" Text="GoF" href="http://www.axiomfactor.com/gof"/>

I am also trying to substitute Yahoo search for the (current) Google.
It won't allow me to do that either.
Am I doing something wrong?
Please help!
Thanks
Jim
This is a general Vista problem. Accounts and security are handled much differently than XP. As a limited user account you may not have write privileges for files in the Programs folder.

I don't use Vista myself but you could try saving it somewhere else and then copying it to the correct place after that. Maybe you can change the ownership or security of your UI folder and files or run Notepad as an administrator.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:04 AM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

Oh, hey Othesus I noticed that in gm9's version of the Browser window you can maximize the browser window. I like yours but when I reinstalled profit I saw that and said "Hey the all-mighty Othesus should do that!"

anyways, you think you could add that? If not I will do it and I will send the .xml file to you.

thanks
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:14 AM
A Griffon

Yes, I saw that in his window and there's a similar function in the Legends of Norrath window. I'm planning on adding it for the next version, but I didn't think it was a big enough feature to merit updating the window yet.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-05-2007, 03:22 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes Othesus, all-mighty or not, do some more mods.

It's just a simple checkbox drago (<- why does your name sound like droag btw... interesting ), you could just copy it into Othesus window if you want it there. I also have that on the InfoCenter btw.

There is a funny bug with the browser maximize though, see if you can try and fix it. When you maximize and the restore the size, trying to close the window will maximize it first, so you have to click close again.
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Othesus, I was wondering if your persona window will be compatible with LU 40 (Kunark expansion), that is going in tomorrow (November 13)? Right now I am using ProfitUI Reborn with your persona window.

Thank you.

Last edited by esau86 : 11-12-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Unread 11-13-2007, 01:24 AM
A Griffon

Yes! The persona window is new and improved for GU 40. I haven't tried it for GU 39 so you should wait until tomorrow to use it.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:53 AM
A Grassland Beetle

You beat me to having the first GU40-compatible UI up...

On your persona window, do the stats for primary and secondary weapons show the delay from the examine window, or by some chance did you get it to show the actual delay when dual wielding? I figure it's direct from the examine window, but thought I'd ask just in case.

Unread 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hey, I was first. But that just means we're possibly going to have to patch if what's going live is different from what was on Beta.

What he is showing is new dynamic data that gives us this value. I would expect it to be identical to the value shown in the examine window, but that is just a guess.
Unread 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM
A Griffon

Err, the primary, secondary, and ranged weapon numbers are exactly like the default window. They're the same numbers you get from /weaponstats, so it's the actual delay (same as examine) and damage (different than examine) numbers. (The numbers for the ranged weapon was bugged in beta for a while but it was fixed in the last week or so.)

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 11-13-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Unread 11-13-2007, 12:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

and those are different from what the examine tooltip shows on equipped weapons?

edit to answer my own question: yes, they are completely different. I should melee more...

Last edited by gm9 : 11-14-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:57 AM
A Grassland Beetle

I really need to remember to check all new content in beta... most of my time in the persona window was spent checking factions (and squeeing over the new faction sort thingie) ^_^;;

Thanks for not whapping me upside the head for idiocy.

And sorry GM9, I didn't check when the full UI sets went up. Here's hoping for very little patching over the next week!

Unread 11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
A Griffon

Ok sorry, I just compared the weapon numbers in the persona window again. (I haven't really had a chance to play more than a few minutes this week.)

The numbers in the persona window are the same as the default persona window and the same as the /weaponstats command. The delay and damage numbers can be different than the tooltip and examine window numbers due to dual weild and strength adjustments etc.

It's funny, logging onto the beta PvP server and being the only person on the whole server.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-20-2007, 03:31 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Mistmoore
Default Bug with the fog option...

I'm currently having a problem where the "hide the fog" option is not showing up at all. I've tried all the old tricks where you go to the world map tab and then back to the currrent zone tab as well as just playing around with the resizing to see if it will reappear. Contrary to what I just said, in city zones it does sometimes show up but there isn't any fog in city zones anyhow.

I like this mod a lot though, so far it seems the closest to what i origionally had before RoK. Thanks for any help.

Xerek
Unread 11-20-2007, 08:48 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerek View Post
I'm currently having a problem where the "hide the fog" option is not showing up at all. I've tried all the old tricks where you go to the world map tab and then back to the currrent zone tab as well as just playing around with the resizing to see if it will reappear. Contrary to what I just said, in city zones it does sometimes show up but there isn't any fog in city zones anyhow.

I like this mod a lot though, so far it seems the closest to what i origionally had before RoK. Thanks for any help.

Xerek
Are you talking about the Show Just the Map plugin? The Map Fog checkbox should act the same as the normal EQ2MAP.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-21-2007, 03:01 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Mistmoore
Default "hide the fog" button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
Are you talking about the Show Just the Map plugin? The Map Fog checkbox should act the same as the normal EQ2MAP.
No. Specifically the "hide the fog" button on the right.
Unread 11-21-2007, 03:33 PM
A Griffon

Can you attach a screenshot? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-25-2007, 12:25 AM
A Griffon

Thanks for all the hard work Othesus.

I had a couple of questions regarding the Maintained Spells Window (Size 26):

1. The new Ward/Proc data is great but I've noticed a couple of oddities and was wondering if it's just the way that they are or if anything can be done about them.

a) Monk - Outward Calm (Ward 3720) shows as "3."

b) Defiler - Seeping Eschar (Ward 1112) shows as "1.112"

2. Is it possible to turn the Time Remaining Bar into a Ward/Proc Remaining Bar instead?

3. Is a Size 24 Maintained too much to ask for? I currently use Size 24 for all three windows and would love to add this one to the mix at the same size.

What I would really love is for a single Maintained Window only at Size 24 that Only shows the Ward/Proc Bar at the bottom and no text on the icons, if at all possible.

I'm willing to try the coding if you would be willing to share the knowledge on how to accomplish such a task.

At any rate, great work and thanks again.
Closed Thread