EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-16-2006, 05:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default ^^^ in both TargetWindows

Hi Mates,

i'd like to have these arrow up (^^) in both TargetWindows, the classic and the advanced.

Is this possible? Did anybody code this already?
Unread 08-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Yea, it can be done. It's that way in eXtreme, but then it's target and implied window are made to fit the flow of that ui.

All you have to do is, Delete v1 and paste v0 and renamed the new v0 to v1 in bouth the target and implited and you will have the ^^^ in bouth con modes.
Unread 08-16-2006, 09:09 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Or, if you want to keep the con brackets, only copy the TierIndicator image from v0 to v1.

ProfitUI has this as well, and I would expect several other mods and sets also.
Unread 08-16-2006, 02:07 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey

so basically this allows us to see both the arrows AND the braces?

i have mine currently set to detailed (with the arrows), but would love to see the braces in addition to that in my target/implied windows.

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 08-16-2006, 02:32 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Exactly.
Unread 08-16-2006, 04:15 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey

excellent.. now what exactly do i need to do? i've never worked xml in a mod, just used them... maybe i should try to find a primer or something i guess...

unless one of you would be kind enough to do so the target/implied that i'm using (i think spork made it) shows percentages, but doesn't add the bracers to the detailed/arrow display.

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 08-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

What target and implied target mod are you using? I was going to post the two mods for you but the default seems to have this already.

Any ways..

You can do this in the UI builder BUT the UI builder is evil when it saves because if you mod has some tricky includes it will merge them with the parent object such as the mainhud. So I'll leave it up to you to use it or not.

The best way would be to open up eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml in notpad or what ever you use to edit text. Search for the key word v0. Once you find that scroll down to you find ;

Code:
<Image AbsorbsInput="false" AutoSize="true" BackgroundColor="#00FFFF" Location="14,0" Name="TierIndicator" ScrollExtent="132,15" Size="132,15"/>
Yours my not be the same but look for the key tags <image and name="TierIndicator".

Once you find that copy that entire line. ( if word wrap is on it my be on two lines just depending on your resolution)

Now that you have that copied, do another search for key word v1. Once you find that go to the very next line and press enter to make a new line. Now place your cursor at the start of that new line (it should be an empty line) and paste. That should put the TierIndicator in v1 (simple con mode).

Now save this file and do the exact same to eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.xml.

Be sure to make a back up of your files before editing, just in case you FUBAR it:P

Last edited by Landiin : 08-16-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Unread 08-16-2006, 10:00 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
What target and implied target mod are you using? I was going to post the two mods for you but the default seems to have this already.

Any ways..

You can do this in the UI builder BUT the UI builder is evil when it saves because if you mod has some tricky includes it will merge them with the parent object such as the mainhud. So I'll leave it up to you to use it or not.

The best way would be to open up eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml in notpad or what ever you use to edit text. Search for the key word v0. Once you find that scroll down to you find ;

Code:
<Image AbsorbsInput="false" AutoSize="true" BackgroundColor="#00FFFF" Location="14,0" Name="TierIndicator" ScrollExtent="132,15" Size="132,15"/>
Yours my not be the same but look for the key tags <image and name="TierIndicator".

Once you find that copy that entire line. ( if word wrap is on it my be on two lines just depending on your resolution)

Now that you have that copied, do another search for key word v1. Once you find that go to the very next line and press enter to make a new line. Now place your cursor at the start of that new line (it should be an empty line) and paste. That should put the TierIndicator in v1 (simple con mode).

Now save this file and do the exact same to eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.xml.

Be sure to make a back up of your files before editing, just in case you FUBAR it:P

thanks for teaching me, i shall give this a shot.. the mod i am currently using is SPORK'S target and implied ...

Unread 08-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Hmm Just looked at that and bouth the v0 and v1 in the target and implide have the TierIndicator image them. So it should be showing up in either con mode, unless this is a new option you can turn on and off..
Unread 08-17-2006, 04:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Same problem to me.
I'm using ThorUI btw.

I already tested to copy this line before writing in this Forum, but the Indicators didn't show.

I don't know if another image lies uppon the indicator tho.

Anybody from the above got it really to work, or is it just teoratically??
Unread 08-17-2006, 05:21 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well sure it works, according to Landiin it's even in the Default UI (no idea about ThorUI). You can see here for a screenshot from ProfitUI.

The way Landiin described it, it should work. I don't know about any command to turn the indicator off.
Unread 08-17-2006, 05:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

but on the screenshot you have enabled simple mode.
if you switch to detailed mode the con brackets are not shown in profit ui.
i thinks that's the request from anfrey. brackets in detailed mode. that would be nice in profit ui

sry for bad english. i'm from germany

Last edited by Rykker : 08-17-2006 at 06:02 AM.
Unread 08-17-2006, 06:53 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

erm, the brackets are the whole point of simple mode. if you had them in detailed mode, the two modes would be identical.
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yes, the target and implied target window would be identical.
i would like to have the target and implied target like on your screenshot (with brackets and arrows) BUT detailed selected in the options (arrows over the head of the monsters).
thats not possible in the moment in ProfitUI because in detailed mode are no brakets in the target windows
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:26 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ah, I see, so you want simple targeting for the windows and detailed targeting for the mobs at the same time.

I'm actually not sure if that could be made to work, I'd have to check.
Unread 08-17-2006, 07:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yes, the target windows like this:

and the monsters like this

that would be great
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

just copy v1, delete v0 then paste v1 and rename that v1 to v0. That should do the trick. That is if the brackets and heroic indicators work in v0.
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:17 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
That is if the brackets and heroic indicators work in v0.
Well that's my point.

I'll try it out and let you know.
Unread 08-17-2006, 01:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykker
yes, the target windows like this:

and the monsters like this

that would be great
thank you for posting the images, this is EXACTLY what i meant and wanted to do. i like being able to see each mob's difficulty in-game (detailed mode with arrows) but want the bracers to show up in the target/implied windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Well that's my point.

I'll try it out and let you know.
let us know how it turns out and how you did it... i'm gonna do my own experiment as well.

Unread 08-20-2006, 04:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Sorry Guys,

i tried everything. Copying lines and whole chapters. and and and

This whole thing doesn't work.

The ImpliedTarget window from above looks like i want to have it.
The brackets on the siedes and the arrows in the middle
But I cannot do this

And the name above the target should have the brackets too, as well a circle to the left of the name showing the level of the target.

So both should be in Simple mode where these arrows had been added.

Try to do some screenis later to post then here.
Unread 08-22-2006, 10:20 PM
A Griffon

so, is there no way to do this then? basically what we're looking for is what rykker described so well with his screenshots... having bracers in the target & implied windows while in detailed/arrows mode. i suppose having bracers in the main window (above the mob's head) would be a nice extra, but i know a lot of us like being able to see the arrows above the mobs as we navigate through the world.

seems like soe has left us unable to create a hybrid targetting mode.

Unread 10-09-2006, 01:33 PM
A Griffon

has anyone been able to do this?

Unread 10-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Human Paladin

Server: Kithicor
Send a message via ICQ to Mahonri Send a message via AIM to Mahonri Send a message via MSN to Mahonri Send a message via Yahoo to Mahonri

I was working on this a part of a complete reskin back in December before I quit. Now that I'm back I've been meaning to revive it. Don't remember how complete the target windows are, but I hope to be finished with that part soon. Something else may come out before then though.
Unread 10-09-2006, 04:15 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Haven't been able to do this. The simple targeting windows are not updated in detailed targeting mode so you cannot just copy the visible state of the brackets over. Found no other way to do it either.
Unread 10-09-2006, 05:48 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Haven't been able to do this. The simple targeting windows are not updated in detailed targeting mode so you cannot just copy the visible state of the brackets over. Found no other way to do it either.
guess i'll never get to see the pretty borders... i just can't play without being able to see the arrows in-game, without having to target a mob first. oh well, hopefully soe will come up with a hybrid version for us in the future...