EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 12-08-2010, 09:13 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default Broker Windows Modification Help!

I am trying to add some extra saved search drop down boxes to the default broker window. I like the style of the default and I don't like the mods that are already made.

The problem I am having is that whatever drop down box that is second in line will not tie in with any sort of data. I tried everything, I made duplicates in UI builder, manually did it via XML, the works. When I examine the text the only thing the first drop down box even links to is the data for the search itself, I think it needs to link to that advance button features itself. I went to the advance button part of the text and I found nothing even linking that to anything. There is text that seems to make up the advanced search window but the actual code in the button doesn't link to anything.

Basically I want to create multiple drop down boxes for my saved searches that work in default eq2 broker.. any help would make me very happy!

Last edited by Swabs : 12-08-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The client is programmed to find that dropdown and populate it with data. Any additional dropdowns you make will not have that behaviour (unless you make them identical dropdowns, but what would be the point of that?).

Take a look at the various custom broker windows on how to add custom presets if that is what you actually want.
Unread 12-09-2010, 04:12 AM
A Brown Bear

By identical do you mean duplicate? I don't know XML so I tried to duplicate the original drop down box and tinker with the second one. It generates the data for whatever one you put first, always.

Basically I want to make more than one saved search for organization purposes. Each one doesn't have to be customizable from EQ2 directly, I don't mind doing them from XML.

I need something similar to the presets like you have in your profit ui. I have attached the image of what I wanted it to look like.

Any help would be lovely.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-09-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

You may wanna take a look at this sticky mate:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2483

Dropdowns need data to read, and then with that data you need a specific OnSelect property attributed to your dropdown.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:16 PM
A Brown Bear

I already have, I have no XML or general coding experience. Hopefully I will figure it out soon, but I was hoping for a helping hand.
I already have the data part figured out, the onselect command is what I am trying to get solved at the moment.

Finally this ---- to get someone in the mood to help me.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-09-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
Basically I want to make more than one saved search for organization purposes. Each one doesn't have to be customizable from EQ2 directly, I don't mind doing them from XML.

I need something similar to the presets like you have in your profit ui.
Looking at working code and see how it's done is really the best help we can give you. So feel free to take the ProfitUI code, or at least look at it or other windows with similar functionality to help yourself along.

PS: Actually if you want a mostly Default UI like experience better use a non-ProfitUI window with that functionality as a base since my implementation has some quirks due to the way I originally hacked the dual-pane window together and I'm not sure whether you can just plug it into the default UI code. My code also does not allow drag'n'drop on the Japanese server IIRC due to some game client issues but that will probably not affect you I suppose.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-09-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Feel free to take that code, or at least look at it or other windows with similar functionality to help yourself along. Looking at working code and see how it's done is really the best help we can give you.
I already tried...
I will keep trying until I get it. If I have any more specific questions I will let you guys know.

Thanks.
Unread 12-09-2010, 01:27 PM
A Brown Bear

What I am really struggling with is making the OnSelect part of the dropdownbox.

All I need is a duplicate of the original saved searches drop down box that comes with eq2 as default. The original, however, has no data tied with it and as someone mentioned before I think it is because EQ2 program itself fills it in automatically.

If I could somehow get the code for a complete duplicate of the Saved Searches I could easily figure the rest out from there.

I tried to use other code from drumstix and profit, but their code requires more information than is needed. I wouldn't know how to filter that and find the stuff that pertains to me.

P.s. I just read your P.s. after making this post. Ya it is basically as you say. I really don't think my request is all that hard, just hard for me since I haven't done this before.
What I think needs to happen is it somehow needs to link to all the advances searches fields so it knows that it is a search. From my little understanding, I am guessing that onselect would be where it finds those links. That is my guess though.

What I am going to try right now is to try to link the onselect with just the Item name field part, if that shows results then I will go from there.

P.s.s I am thinking that if I can somehow link it to this then I might be getting somewhere

Textbox BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Cursor="/Cursor.Text" DragAccepts="icon" Location="7,18" MaximumSize="16384,30" MinimumSize="30,30" Name="TextItemName" PackSize="fixed,fixed" RStyleActivated="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.selected.rect" RStyleDefault="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.default.rect" RStyleDisabled="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.disabled.rect" RStyleDisabledActivated="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.disabled.rect" RStyleMouseOver="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.mouseover.rect" RStyleMouseOverActivated="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.selected.rect" RStyleMouseOverSelected="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.selected.rect" RStyleSelected="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.selected.rect" ScrollExtent="158,30" Size="158,30" Style="/CommonElements.Textfield.data.style" />

The thing that I find most annoying is that they leave a whole lot of fields blank that would normally be required for us common folk to even function at all.
If their original saved searches drop down box had any sort of information I would be done already.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-09-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:12 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Deleted your spam post (although it looked funny) and posting to remind you what I said above, the original box is hard coded, you cannot use that for your means, you need to use something like the custom windows do. There is not too much information there, all of it is needed.
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:23 PM
A Brown Bear

By custom windows I am assuming the presets that are on the ui's that you guys post.

The thing is I don't know if that will work. I cannot just copy and past the drop down box. I think there will be things missing from the default xml that I am working off that is being resourced on your custom ones. I don't know much about it but I assume the onselect is trying to find other things and implement them. Well I don't think those other things are on the default. I really don't know how to explain it.

I just really don't know to plug into the onselect. I just want to make it where the drop down box looks up the item name on the broker.

I will probably just give up. Until I learn how to make custom drop boxes that pulls the data I need it is a lost cost.

The sad thing is that I bet what I am trying to do is extremely easy to achieve by people who knows what they are doing. I just wish someone would post what I am looking for. I would give you all the internets I have saved for a rainy a day.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-09-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 11:13 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Drumstix linked you the post from Zonx explaining how to create a custom dropdown box, I pointed you to example code, you don't sound like you are even looking into either of that so I'll just agree that you should give up... /shrugs
Unread 12-10-2010, 12:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Drumstix linked you the post from Zonx explaining how to create a custom dropdown box, I pointed you to example code, you don't sound like you are even looking into either of that so I'll just agree that you should give up... /shrugs
This made my day. I don't know if you notice, but someone who doesn't do this sort of thing will not know how to do an onselect command. Please find a friend who has never done this before and refer him to that guide and tell him to do what I am asking.

I came here for help, hint the name XML '"HELP" and info. Please don't tell me I am not looking when I have spent a long time trying to do this. As I said the Zonx thing was the first thing I looked at before I went to ever single forum post that seemed relevant to what I am looking for.

You seriously think that parent.text.parent.thisthing.thatthing is going to mean anything to someone an average user? There is not one thing in that guide that will mention how to link my dropdown to what is on the broker. If there is then forgive me, I just don't see it.

Sighs. I am sure I wont get the help now, but no reason to be disrespectful towards someone who is trying his best.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-10-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Unread 12-10-2010, 12:41 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
You seriously think that parent.text.parent.thisthing.thatthing is going to mean anything to someone an average user?
Last I checked we were in the Developer Discussion section, not the average user section, and also you never asked about the basics of UI modding, which you seem to be doing now.

I'm sorry if you think I'm disrespectful but I really think you should just take one of the existing custom broker windows and restyle it to look like you actually want it to look without changing any of it's functionality. Writing one from scratch seems way above your current abilities, you should try your hand at some easier projects first before you tackle that.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-10-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Unread 12-10-2010, 12:45 AM
A Brown Bear

Well I apologize, but I am sure you can understand why someone would get irritated when they are told they are not trying, when in fact, they have been working hard for a while.

Hopefully this guy will lighten the mood, that and I think I am in love.
Unread 12-11-2010, 10:05 AM
A Brown Bear

Let me rephrase..

If the saved searches drop down box on default eq2 broker was not hardcoded, what would it look like?

I tried modifying the custom one but it doesn't work because the custom one puts the advanced search tab on the main page.

Either way, if it doesn't, I still can't figure it out.

So let me ask for anyone is willing to help em out...

If the saved searches drop down box on default eq2 broker was not hardcoded, what would it look like?
Unread 12-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

It would look like a normal drop-down with out any info in it. The only thing that is hard coded is the data(names of your saved searches). The style(what it looks like) is not hard coded and there for you to see/change. The placement and look is not hard coded.

Incase you wanted the actull code and couldn't find it...

Code:
<Dropdownbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" DataSource="FilterSource" Location="390,2" MaximumSize="16384,32" MinimumSize="50,32" Name="SearchFilter" RowTemplate="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.dropdown_template" ScrollExtent="176,32" SelectedItemIndex="12" Size="176,32" Style="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.style" />

Last edited by Landiin : 12-11-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Unread 12-11-2010, 12:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
It would look like a normal drop-down with out any info in it. The only thing that is hard coded is the data(names of your saved searches). The style(what it looks like) is not hard coded and there for you to see/change. The placement and look is not hard coded.

Incase you wanted the actull code and couldn't find it...

Code:
<Dropdownbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" DataSource="FilterSource" Location="390,2" MaximumSize="16384,32" MinimumSize="50,32" Name="SearchFilter" RowTemplate="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.dropdown_template" ScrollExtent="176,32" SelectedItemIndex="12" Size="176,32" Style="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.style" />
Nope, there is no onselect in your code. The onselect is hardcoded. Your code was the first thing that I tried, it does nothing.

I am assuming I need something like (onselect= enter data in advance search feilds, press enter) but I have no idea how to do this.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-11-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Unread 12-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Oh I see what you wanting

it would have something like the following in it. Keep end mind there is no script support of external files so part of the script that is orange in the below example is made up.

Quote:
<dropbdown Name="blah" OnSelect="loadfile SelectedItem.Text" />
The made up loadfile function would the populate the fields. But THERE is NO way to interact with an external file in this manner with the current scripting engine. So if you are wanting to take the saved files and load them and populate the fields for your self you are SOL because you can't do it. Even if you could I don't see why you would want to being SOE provides that functionality already.

Last edited by Landiin : 12-11-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Unread 12-11-2010, 10:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Actually, no. The data source would be the information that I would want to load. In this case (default) is named filter source. Everything that I would need I figure would be internal. I just need a way to put my datasource (filtersource) which can be found in everyone's main eq2 folder under Eq2_broker_searches I do believe.

I am assuming I need something like (onselect= enter data from my eq2_broker.xml in advance search feilds, press enter) but I have no idea how to do this. The data would be the eq2_broker.xml. as an example. I would be making my own later, but for now I will just stick with default to actually get it working.

I need commands that would plug in that data. I am assuming this would be tied into the advance search part of the broker window, which in UI builder is not even shown.

The main reason I think that I cannot use a custom filter already provided by fine folk who do custom ui's (profit, fetish, ect.) is that they relocated the advance search window directly onto your buy page. Doing this I believe relocates the Parent.parent.stuff.junk into the wrong place for what I am doing, thus I cannot use that because my advance tab isn't located on the buy page.

This is hypothetical, because I am only using logic, I have no experience in doing any of this what so ever.

If you look at my picture above is what I want my broker window to look like, mine obviously are lacking on select commands. Clearly this would be great for organization reason to keep having 9001 saved searches all under one drop down box.

So basically what I am getting at, as stated in previous post, I need a code for the onselect that lovely SOE decided to just hardcode in.

Thanks for the reply though.
3 dancing bananas to you good sir!

And one for me because I love staring at him.

Last edited by Swabs : 12-11-2010 at 10:30 PM.