EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Played with this idea just a tad today before raids and I don't think it can be done. The only DD I can see that might could be used is DynamicData.SpellInfo.Bank_X.Key_X.ReuseSec but u can't use that in a ProgBar because there is no way to reliably set the Max value.

I love the idea and have wanted what Dolby posted for some time now. Maybe someone will have more time to work with it then I and figure something out.
Unread 02-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Played with this idea just a tad today before raids and I don't think it can be done. The only DD I can see that might could be used is DynamicData.SpellInfo.Bank_X.Key_X.ReuseSec but u can't use that in a ProgBar because there is no way to reliably set the Max value.

I love the idea and have wanted what Dolby posted for some time now. Maybe someone will have more time to work with it then I and figure something out.
MM. Would it be possible to set the max value as the first non-zero value after the icon is clicked on? That should be the max reuse, no?
Unread 02-28-2008, 01:23 AM
A man among men
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
MM. Would it be possible to set the max value as the first non-zero value after the icon is clicked on? That should be the max reuse, no?
It sounds like something that _could_ be done like that. I'll give it a few goes tomorrow.

Last edited by dragowulf : 02-28-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Unread 02-28-2008, 03:41 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I thought to either
  • as I posted above, not set a maximum value at all, ie have all bars just run for eg 5 seconds. It will have to be seen but with a spell having a 15 minute recast I don't think you won't ever see that bar moving if you set the correct max, or
  • set a maximum value OnShow of an element carrying the DD, or
  • set a maximum value OnPress as proposed by lordebon
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I thought to either
  1. as I posted above, not set a maximum value at all, ie have all bars just run for eg 5 seconds. It will have to be seen but with a spell having a 15 minute recast I don't think you won't ever see that bar moving if you set the correct max, or
  2. set a maximum value OnShow of an element carrying the DD, or
  3. set a maximum value OnPress as proposed by lordebon
  1. This is the best course of action IMHO.
  2. I don't think these DD have a set visible element to them, I could be wrong but its not logical for them to have.
  3. I think the OnPress script would run before the actual data is populated. Again this is something that would have to be tested. If it did populate the data 1st then resort back to gm9's reason for setting it to 5 sec.

Of course this all is assuming you can use this DD with a ProgBar.
Unread 03-02-2008, 10:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'm just playing around with this a bit. Unless I'm missing something major it does not appear possible to assign the dynamic data to either a Progress or a Sliderbar, neither of the would update (not surprisingly for the ProgressBar but I would have thought the Sliderbar should update. Therefore currently I do not see how to mod the graphic representation (ie Dolby's animation) unless someone has an idea.

The icon padding is no problem drago, you just forgot that the IconBank Padding only adds padding around the right and bottom edges, whereas the VolumePage paddings adds padding around all edges.

Quite annoying for a text overlay is that the DD is not invisible if the value is 0, I would have liked to hide the overlay unless there is effectively a reuse timer running.
Unread 03-02-2008, 11:07 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Frame & Titlebar mode of upcoming GU43 ProfitUI hotbars:

Would not even look bad if Rothgar could change the DD to set Visible=false if the value is 0. I did send him a PM about that and also about adding a ReusePercent data point for progress bars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.png
Views:	1159
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	6335  Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.png
Views:	1166
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	6336  

Last edited by gm9 : 03-02-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: pm sent
Unread 03-02-2008, 11:16 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

2,...? :P

Is it still readable when using a small font with the shortened reading like 2m 16s ?
Unread 03-02-2008, 11:24 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you use that data, it looks (shortened) like this, ie much too long for (my) hotbars:

Therefore I decided to use the pure numbers and cut them off like 2.... where they become too long. That only happens for spells with reuse times longer than 999 seconds in the default 32 pixel hotbar icon size, and with larger icons it's no problem at all. You could of course also use a smaller font, but I preferred to have it easily readable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard05.png
Views:	1202
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	6337  
Unread 03-02-2008, 11:36 AM
A man among men

why not make it so when it hits ready it would be visible=false???
Unread 03-02-2008, 12:10 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As I said above, I asked Rothgar to add that
Unread 03-02-2008, 02:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
why not make it so when it hits ready it would be visible=false???
yeah, don't think there's a plausible way to continually check every hotkey for it being set to 0
Unread 03-02-2008, 04:38 PM
A man among men

How do i make volumepage iconpadding work with it?

Quote:
I'm just playing around with this a bit. Unless I'm missing something major it does not appear possible to assign the dynamic data to either a Progress or a Sliderbar, neither of the would update (not surprisingly for the ProgressBar but I would have thought the Sliderbar should update. Therefore currently I do not see how to mod the graphic representation (ie Dolby's animation) unless someone has an idea.

The icon padding is no problem drago, you just forgot that the IconBank Padding only adds padding around the right and bottom edges, whereas the VolumePage paddings adds padding around all edges.

Quite annoying for a text overlay is that the DD is not invisible if the value is 0, I would have liked to hide the overlay unless there is effectively a reuse timer running.
Unread 03-02-2008, 05:03 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can't because, as I said, it works differently than the IconPage padding. After Drumstix' discovery it is however now possible to use ui scripting to calculate the correct sizes, and that is what I did.
Unread 03-16-2008, 09:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Zoltaroth was so helpful to add ReusePercent dynamic data for GU44 (thanks!). So if someone wants to give Dolby's idea a try you could start working now to have it ready in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I dont know how I'd like the numbers but something like this would be sexy imo...

Because of the limitations of the IconBank object I think for hotbars without padding turned on we will only be able to make it work for hotbars that go in a straight line. Otherwise when padding is turned on you could overlay it like I did for the numbers, but note that padding is only added to the right and bottom of the icons in the IconBank, so if you want the ProgressBar to appear on top of it you will need to displace it above the icons like in Dolby's illustration you will need to create some deadspace on top of the IconBank (which won't be so dead then).
Unread 03-16-2008, 01:36 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Zoltaroth was so helpful to add ReusePercent dynamic data for GU44 (thanks!). So if someone wants to give Dolby's idea a try you could start working now to have it ready in time.

Because of the limitations of the IconBank object I think for hotbars without padding turned on we will only be able to make it work for hotbars that go in a straight line. Otherwise when padding is turned on you could overlay it like I did for the numbers, but note that padding is only added to the right and bottom of the icons in the IconBank, so if you want the ProgressBar to appear on top of it you will need to displace it above the icons like in Dolby's illustration you will need to create some deadspace on top of the IconBank (which won't be so dead then).
4 px. or so of deadspace wont hurt the cause.
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:11 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Rothgar told me he expects the new version to be on the patcher tomorrow hopefully.
Didn't I also hear something about hotkey timer %'s or was that for GU# 45?
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Didn't I also hear something about hotkey timer %'s or was that for GU# 45?
No, according to the information I have that should be part of GU44. Might be Zoltaroth added it to the existing ReuseSec data (assuming that is possible), did you try that?
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:01 PM
A man among men

Quote:
No, according to the information I have that should be part of GU44. Might be Zoltaroth added it to the existing ReuseSec data (assuming that is possible), did you try that?
Code:
            <DataSource Name="Key_1">
                <DynamicData Name="Name" />
                <DynamicData Name="ReuseText" />
                <DynamicData Name="ReuseSec" />
That wouldn't sound right. ReuseSec being both seconds and percentages doesn't add up. I'll check it out in a sec
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:54 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Code:
            <DataSource Name="Key_1">
                <DynamicData Name="Name" />
                <DynamicData Name="ReuseText" />
                <DynamicData Name="ReuseSec" />
That wouldn't sound right. ReuseSec being both seconds and percentages doesn't add up. I'll check it out in a sec
Ok, I tested it out and this is what I concluded:
  • As a progress bar the ReuseSec data works in percentages
  • As a text the ReuseSec data displays in seconds
  • Both the text and the progress bar disappear automatically when the percent/seconds reach 0
Now we got the code and everything, but does anyone have a graphic for the bar? I'm thinking of updating my next release of my hotkey window with both the bar and the seconds.
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
but does anyone have a graphic for the bar? I'm thinking of updating my next release of my hotkey window with both the bar and the seconds.
Use the graphic Dolby posted, it looks golden to me. Its already made so all you have to do is convert the jpg to dds and your good to go. If you get this working I'll use it, Hate the number but the bar above is sexy. Plus if you do it, I won't have to and the world we be right lol

But isn't this way off topic?
Unread 04-08-2008, 10:32 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Nice, I thought that might be possible to have double-purpose DD. You can filter out the visibility data to keep it visible.

Quote:
Plus if you do it, I won't have to and the world we be right lol
haha. dito, except that I would just use a normal progressbar style with a frame, should turn out identical to Dolby's design. I'll add one to my UI anyway I guess since I already have the numbers. If you want to do one for non-straight horizontal bars you'll have to overlay part of the icon I guess, I see no other way.

Quote:
But isn't this way off topic?
Um, yes.
I guess I'll move this merry part to the other thread with Dolby's design tomorrow, too lazy to do that now.
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:12 PM
A man among men

How would we make the bars? Obviously we couldn't do it above because anything that isn't a full horizontal line would not align.

Last edited by dragowulf : 04-08-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:12 PM
A man among men

Anyone working on a progress bar? I think the mechanics of the profit code for the text itself is a little over my head for now. I tried and unsuccessfully made a crappy one.
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:42 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
I think the mechanics of the profit code for the text itself is a little over my head for now.
Accept Drumstix as your hero and you will be enlightened. You will need to use that code or come up with something better. The beauty of my code - if I may say so - is that you do not even need to change it if you want to use a progress bar. You can pretty much exchange the text object with a progress bar object of the same name and it should work out of the box.

Haven't done that yet but will eventuallly.