EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 11-29-2006, 08:41 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe
Default Bag Size Oddities

I was editing someone else's bag code when I had thought that everything was finally clicking, at least in regards to resizing. Of course there had to be a couple of things that struck me as odd. Any insight on the following would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Image 1: Notice that the right side of the top bag (Inventory Slot #3) is slightly shorter than the bottom bag (Inventory Slot #6). This occurs regardless of window settings or which bag is in IS#3. So far it appears that only IS#3 will do this as all other slots, including bank slots, display correctly.

Image 2: This occurs when loading the bags without deleting the server_name_eq2_uisettings.ini file before hand. Once that file is deleted everything displays correctly. Mind you, this file only needs to be deleted once but it's still a pain to re-position the entire UI just for one mod to work. This also occurred with the original mod prior to any alterations so I don't think that it has anything to do with the changes that I made. It would be extremely nice to know why this is happening and how to possibly fix it without having to re-set the entire UI

EDIT: I just now noticed that the issue in Image 1 doesn't occur if I reset the ui by deleting the ini file, just like with Image 2. So I guess the real question is why do I need to reset the UI in the first place and is there a way to do so without deleting the ini file?

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 12-16-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Unread 11-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I really wish there was a way to reset the settings for specific windows only. IE, "Reset All Bag Windows" or something.
Unread 11-29-2006, 10:00 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

So might there be something in the code that could cause a window to not work properly without an entire UI reset?

Something that I might be able to alter?

I know that this is minor in the grand scope of things but it's driving me crazy and I might pass the file on to a couple of friends. I would hate to tell them that they needed to jump through hopes just for a bag mod.
Unread 11-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

This is one reason we've wished SOE would change the "window placement file" to a plain text document.
It would allow us to edit individual items without having to redo the entire structure.

The way I understand it...

SOE has bags hard coded to auto fill/scale to a 4slot width setting.

The above combined with the fact that bags don't save a horizontal location setting means major restrictions to bag mods atm with the implementation of the new icon data type.

Now if SOE coded their bags the same way they did the hotkeys/hotbars...

We all could have adjustable bag slot sizes AND adjustable bags...

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7081
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:54 AM
A Griffon

Thank you for the reply. I hadn't seen that thread before but rest assured I as well as my friends will be sending feedback.

It's just sad that the bags, only being 4 slots wide and all, look so perfectly aligned with the UI reset but just don't work correctly without it. O'well. I ended up resetting my UI and spending the past hour re-positioning everything. At least it's better now than it was before.
Unread 11-30-2006, 04:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
This is one reason we've wished SOE would change the "window placement file" to a plain text document.
It would allow us to edit individual items without having to redo the entire structure.
You can reset individual items without having to redo the entire structure. If you open the file, each item is identified by a plaintext window name. To reset one single window's settings just edit that corresponding name, e.g. something like Bag_clone_1_ for bags, to a non-existing name, e.g. XXX_clone_1_. Simple.
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:14 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Right-click the window in game to bring up window options. Now click the "Default Location" button. This also restores the window to the default size contained in the XML and clears any custom setting stored in your settings.ini file.

Note, you may need to manually move the window to force its new settings to be saved. Generally window changes made via script aren't saved to the settings.ini.
Unread 11-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Thanks Zonx and GM9.

I didn't know the windownames were plaintext in there (and yeah... theres no reason for encoding there. Give us plaintext, then we can "pre-make" windowsettings much more easily and edit them much more easily, IMHO).

I also didn't know about the single reset location button also resetting everything else. Thats handy to know!
Unread 11-30-2006, 03:48 PM
A Griffon

I will try the ini edit with another character and see if it works for me.

I did try resetting the defaults via the window settings but without any luck. I don't remember whether or not I moved the window afterwards so I'll have to look into that as well.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
Unread 11-30-2006, 04:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I noticed this type of problem when I was making my bag mod too. I ended up putting in a dummy window frame that has the script:

<Page Name="WC_Frame" OnHide="Parent.Icons.Size=144,324 ; Parent.Size=144,324" OnShow="Parent.Icons.Size=144,324; Parent.Size=144,324" ScrollExtent="0,0" Size="0,0" />

It looks like clicking the default location button will do the same type of reset.

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
Unread 11-30-2006, 06:59 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
You can reset individual items without having to redo the entire structure. If you open the file, each item is identified by a plaintext window name. To reset one single window's settings just edit that corresponding name, e.g. something like Bag_clone_1_ for bags, to a non-existing name, e.g. XXX_clone_1_. Simple.
Tried twice but both times the game deleted the edited ini file and replaced it with a fresh new default one.

EDIT: This might not actually be true. What appears to occur is that the game ignores the edited ini file and uses the original_uisettings.ini file instead. When I exit the game the edited ini file is still in place and intact with the edits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Right-click the window in game to bring up window options. Now click the "Default Location" button. This also restores the window to the default size contained in the XML and clears any custom setting stored in your settings.ini file.

Note, you may need to manually move the window to force its new settings to be saved. Generally window changes made via script aren't saved to the settings.ini.
Tried twice but without any luck.

Unfortunately, both suggestions did not work for me so I was still left with the only option of resetting the entire UI for one mod.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 11-30-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:33 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You need to edit it before you log into your char. And the bag_clone_1_ is just an example, just replace Bag for XXX to catch them all.
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:04 PM
A Griffon

I did all that. I edited the file prior to launching the game and I replaced all instances of bag with xxx. I triple checked the file contents as well just to make sure that I didn't miss anything. I even opened the file up again after closing it just to make absolutely certain that the changes saved.
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

try doing the same to original_uisettings.ini too =)
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:14 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well, the .ini method always worked for me when I needed to recover a window. I'm sorry that it won't work for you.

And as far as I know you can delete the "original_uisettings.ini". At least I don't have it.
Unread 11-30-2006, 09:19 PM
A Griffon

No luck.

The patcher replaces the original_uisettings.ini file

That file, the older one and the newer replaced one, do not contain any references to bags what so ever. Editing it was just not an option.
Unread 12-03-2006, 06:55 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

what i think is odd is this:

for the ammo bag the window size fits perfectly to the iconbank, while a standard container receives an extra row.
Unread 12-03-2006, 07:06 PM
A Griffon

Yes, there's a problem with the 6-slot bags, which is on SOEs side of course. It all depends on the bag. Some bags, not just the ammo bag, will fit perfectly with 6-slots while certain others won't. Be thankful that bag adds a row as another problem with 6-slot bags is that certain bags don't add a row but cut rows off instead. Nothing like not being able to access the last 6 items or so in a 12 slot bag.