EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-04-2006, 02:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hello again.

I'm curious to know if there is any way (delete a few lines from the .xml?) to remove the buff/debuff icons from the target and implied windows please Mother?
I'd like to have the two windows lined up straight under each other, and honestly never even look at those icons, so really don't need or want them. I love your HP and % design etc, just wanting to make it a bit more compact is all.

Appreciate that mods, am a walking advertisement for Mother's mods atm hehe.
Unread 05-04-2006, 04:01 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Default ProfitUI & the Map Spoiler Project

The Map Spoiler Project was pointed out to me as problematic with ProfitUI 2.4. I tested it on a clean install of 2.4 and couldn't find any problems. Quite a nice mod.

Any problems are likely due to installation mistakes.

1. Wipe your ProfitUI folder,
2. install ProfitUI,
3. install EQ2MAP (this is not included in ProfitUI)
4. install the map spoiler as explained by Mother (edit eq2ui_mainhud.xml, DON'T just replace it with the example file, or you'll break UI functionality and possibly the map)
Unread 05-05-2006, 03:25 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Befallen
Default Fixed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
The Map Spoiler Project was pointed out to me as problematic with ProfitUI 2.4. I tested it on a clean install of 2.4 and couldn't find any problems. Quite a nice mod.

Any problems are likely due to installation mistakes.

1. Wipe your ProfitUI folder,
2. install ProfitUI,
3. install EQ2MAP (this is not included in ProfitUI)
4. install the map spoiler as explained by Mother (edit eq2ui_mainhud.xml, DON'T just replace it with the example file, or you'll break UI functionality and possibly the map)

OK, did all those things, and it still didn't work, UNTIL................... I physically placed the necessary files where they belonged. It works perfectly now, for some reason they did not install where they should have. I moved the plugin_7.xml to the EQ2 map folder, then I placed the eq2ui_mainhud_mapspoiler into the Profit directory, since then, everything works fine, not sure what happened, but it's fixed now. Thanks for your time guys, and sorry to be a bother.
Unread 05-06-2006, 11:23 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen
Send a message via AIM to Dae'lomdel Send a message via MSN to Dae'lomdel Send a message via Yahoo to Dae'lomdel

Tevilspek - Just thought I would try to help here, I know there is an option in game to turn these off and on, so unless Mother has overriden them this option should still work.

You can find that here:
Options -> User Interface -> Targeting Windows ->
"Show spell effects for Target"
"Show spell effects for Implied Target"

Hope that helps...
Unread 05-06-2006, 01:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ahhh very nice, thankyou Dae'lomdel!

I'm just now reinstalling EQ2 on my new system (omg the excitement!! ) so will have a look at that once I get it installed and my UI set up.

Thanks!

Edit:

Worked! Yay thankyou Del!

Last edited by Tevilspek : 05-06-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Unread 05-08-2006, 04:11 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Hi guys! Just got back from Jamaica (woohoo) so I haven't abandonded my modding... good to see that it looks like no major problems jumped up while I was gone. About to patch my client and log in.

Thanks to anyone who posted help for others while I was AFK!
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 05-16-2006, 01:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

WOW,
I love this timer feature. It is my favortie mod ever. To have the ability to time AE's in a raid is amazing without having to look at my stopwatch. Changing the times aren't that difficult, in fact, I have an entire hotbar filled with macros for most commonly used timers.

I would love to have the ability to count up as well. If that was added this would have so many uses. Is it also possible to increase the countdown from 18m to 30m?

I found this built into the ProfitUI and love how it opens and closes through the clock window.
Unread 05-16-2006, 04:13 PM
A Griffon

Counting up is turning out to be a bit of a problem. I don't know if I'll be able to get past it. There is no way to parse coordinates back into their components. So, if I start an object at 0,0 and tell it to move right 10 pixels per second... there's no way to convert that 365,0 coordinate when you hit stop into 36.5 seconds.

I've tried using opacity effects, going from 100% transparent to 100% opaque since that's just a single number and not a pair. But those only have a resolution of 1000 (just over 15 minutes if you have it count 1 per second) That's livable, I guess - but the real problem is their accuracy or lach there of. Using them for timing, about the only thing you can say about the time you hit stop is that it's sometime after you hit start.

Now, aside from trying to decide how to display greater times, I'm really not sure how big the game will let me get with the coordinate numbers that make up the timers. I'm already jumping way out to like -40000,0 to time 18 minutes. I've never seen a limit posted anywhere, but if there is one, I've got to be getting close. I suppose I can look into it and see if I can push another 12 minutes out of it.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 06-03-2006, 11:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm using your player, group, and target windows and i love the design of them. i was wondering however if there is a way to display percent instead of hitpoints on the player and group windows? I've done a little tinkering with uibuilder but I don't know how I would go about changing that.
Unread 06-05-2006, 06:32 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippel
I'm using your player, group, and target windows and i love the design of them. i was wondering however if there is a way to display percent instead of hitpoints on the player and group windows? I've done a little tinkering with uibuilder but I don't know how I would go about changing that.
Open the group window (eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml) with notepad and do a global replace (Ctrl-H).

In the "Find What" box put "CurrentHealth". In the "Replace With" box put "HealthPercent". Click "Replace All".

Repeat the above with "CurrentPower" and "PowerPercent". Save and close the file.

Repeat all of the above with the player window (eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml).

That should swap everything to percent.

Edit: If you have any problems, don't fret. I'm working on a new version of the group window to add a few requested features. I might just include a percentage versus actual points variant as well. Might be a week or so before it comes out.

Last edited by mother9987 : 06-05-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Unread 06-08-2006, 07:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the reply. I tried the changes you said to make but it kept the text on the player bars at 10,000. I then went into uibuilder and changed the text from 10,000 to 100% which brought it up right on the bars but it doesn't decrease with loss of health or power. (ex. if I cast a spell on myself it shows that i have 90% power on my implied target window but 100% power on my player window.)

I'll keep an eye out for your new mods and stick with the old ones for now. Thanks again.
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:33 AM
A Coastal Crab

Thumbs Up

MapSpoiler Installation for ThorUI.

Ok, I have the ThorUI Interface. I just documented completely how I installed this so that someone that has problems might be able to install this AWESOME assistant MOD easier. If I did something wrong. Please correct me.

Thanks for your hard work Mother.

1) Download the Mod

2) Extract it to a directory on your PC.

3) You should have the following files and folders:
eq2map (Folder)
mapspoiler (Folder)
eq2ui_mainhud_mapspoiler.xml (File)
example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml (File)

4) If you are a ThorUI user and have your interfaced installed to the default:
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui you can do the following.

This is what I did:

5) Go to your thorui\eq2map directory and rename the Plugin_7.xml file to Plugin_7.xml.backup. Copy from extracted folder listed above the "eq2map" folder and paste it within the \thorui. It will ask you to copy over. Simply say yes and the "new" plugin_7.xml file will be copied into your thorui\eq2map folder.

6) Copy from your extracted folder listed above the "mapspoiler" folder and paste it in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui folder.

7) Copy from your extracted folder listed above the
"example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml" file and paste it in: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui. Rename this file to
"eq2ui_mainhud.xml"

8) Copy from your extracted folder listed above the "example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml" file and paste it in: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui. Rename the current "eq2ui.mainhud.xml"
file to "eq2ui_mainhud.xml.backup". Rename "example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml" to "eq2ui_mainhud.xml".

9) Copy from your extracted folder listed above the "eq2ui_mainhud_mapspoiler.xml" file and paste it in: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui.

10) Edit the C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui\eq2ui_mainhud.xml and do a search for the following code:

Code:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml</include>

Go to the end of the line and create a "new" line. Enter the following Code to the file.

Code:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_mapspoiler.xml</include>

Close and Save the file. Remember you can always delete the file and go back to your previous version now named:
eq2ui_mainhud.xml.backup.

11) Start up EQ2. You may have to press "M" a couple of times. Give it a moment to load all the spoilers in the area. Depending on what zone you are in. It's greeeeat!
Unread 06-29-2006, 12:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Not sure the issue, but since this last LU, the game will close shortly after I activate the timer. No problems as long as I don't activate it
Unread 06-29-2006, 08:03 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozamil
Not sure the issue, but since this last LU, the game will close shortly after I activate the timer. No problems as long as I don't activate it
Wow, you're right. I have no idea what could be wrong, or even who to ask. I guess I'll try to take it to tech support. I've been playing a new alt that's not yet using any timers since lu24 so I didn't see this issue.

But, the timer window appears to be a quite effective /exit command at this time.
Unread 06-29-2006, 08:04 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq2fury
MapSpoiler Installation for ThorUI.

The instructions seem pretty good. There's a few places I might do things differently or that it seems you're doing extra work, but it's very step-by-step and you say the end-result is a working spoiler and that's what counts!

Congrats and glad you like.
Unread 07-01-2006, 03:56 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Default Tradeskill Mod

Halloo Mother,

Just wanted to check before I d'load this doesyour tradeskill mod have the "enter/escape" function?

Looks very nice by the way, and I miss search too

Ttfn.
Unread 07-01-2006, 06:00 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismal
Halloo Mother,

Just wanted to check before I d'load this doesyour tradeskill mod have the "enter/escape" function?

Looks very nice by the way, and I miss search too

Ttfn.
I actually had to double-check, as the buttons were the first thing I did for the mod, and getting everything else done took quite a while.

But, the buttons behave exactly like fetish. On the component summary page, enter is begin.

On the actual crafting page, enter is repeat. Escape is cancel (you owe me a cherry kindling from that test ) or recipes depending which button is active.

Thanks for the compliment!
Unread 07-01-2006, 08:38 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

Fantastic!

Just d'loaded it

Kindling in the mail
Unread 07-04-2006, 05:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default black examin window with Spoiler installed.

Hey guys,

Great MOD!

Got the psoiler mod working, however now my Examine windows are black with no text and the persona window is messed up also. Any ideas? I have a couple of individual mods added, none that mess with the examin windows however.

Mythyk
Unread 07-04-2006, 06:52 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythyk
Hey guys,

Great MOD!

Got the psoiler mod working, however now my Examine windows are black with no text and the persona window is messed up also. Any ideas? I have a couple of individual mods added, none that mess with the examin windows however.

Mythyk
Did you edit your eq2ui_mainhud.xml, or rename the example one provided?

It sounds like you edited it and either put an extra character in there or left one out.

Hard to say exactly, but that would be my first guess.
Unread 07-13-2006, 08:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Hello mother your doing a great job. I wanted to use the Timer mod but everytime i run it my eq2 crashes. Also my HUD doesnt look like the screenshots you posted. Where the numbers are supposed to be its just black. I use default UI.
Unread 07-17-2006, 10:46 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by klysto
Hello mother your doing a great job. I wanted to use the Timer mod but everytime i run it my eq2 crashes. Also my HUD doesnt look like the screenshots you posted. Where the numbers are supposed to be its just black. I use default UI.
Did you rename the example_eq2ui_mainhud.xml file that was included? Also, do you have any other UI's at all? If not, you might need to follow the directions in this thread to get yourself started.

It sounds like you're missing the include for the timer window if all you're seeing is a black box.

I've had reports of the timer crashing some people's client since LU24, and managed to reproduce it one time. But I've been using it without incident since then, so I don't know if there's a problem that affects some people's systems or if there was a general problem affecting everyone that they've since fixed.

All in all, there's nothing too special the window does. If it does consistently crash your client, you'll probably have to follow up with EQ2 tech support, as there's nothing I can do to debug what's happening. All I can say is it should work.
Unread 07-19-2006, 11:48 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey
Default your Maintained Mod

for some reason, after LU24, the buff targets are no longer displayed. any idea why this is happening and if there is a fix coming?

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 07-20-2006, 05:44 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfrey
for some reason, after LU24, the buff targets are no longer displayed. any idea why this is happening and if there is a fix coming?
The data SOE is sending no longer had the target. All the maintined window mods suffer from this. They'll all magically start working again if SOE decides to start sending the data again.
Unread 08-04-2006, 08:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Map Spoiler

For some reason the maximize/minimize in the mapspoiler just shrinks it and you can not maximize it back unless you log completely out and back in. I haven't done any searches yet for a fix but I will look.

I am using eXtreme UI and ironically there is no mainhud.xml file anywhere in it. I had to copy the one from default and drop it in its proper place.

Also increasing the mousescroll speed would be awesome, but clicking through the bar works until that can happen.

Thanks for all the hard work...I couldn't live without this add-on...well, I could, but it helps a lot.