EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-14-2005, 08:49 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Just installed the journal mod

Nice, i like it thanks for mentioning the journal MOD Drunador.
Unread 11-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

Thanks, Sic!

I'm actually working on re-skinning the bag window now. Unfortunately, it's hardcoded - only the hotbutton window seems to dynamically resize/reorganize itself, so making it resizable is a problem (see this thread for more details). If / when someone comes up with a workaround for it, I'll definately look at incorporating it.

In addition to reskinning the bag window, I'm also reskinning the FetishExchange mod, look for those to be posted in the next few days. After that, I'll prolly take a break for about 3-4 days to catch up on some sleep, and devote some attention to another project that I've been splitting my time on.... it looks very promising so far!!

Wulfy
Unread 11-14-2005, 09:34 PM
A Griffawn

Default You are Very Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicundercover
Nice, i like it thanks for mentioning the journal MOD Drunador.
Not a problem, is one of my favorites to be sure.

Drunador
Unread 11-14-2005, 09:39 PM
A Griffawn

Default Just a thought

Hey there folks. I have another idea, not sure how doable it si though.

Wulf, take a look at this mod and see if it can be made compatible with yours.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4090

This mod adds a couple nice "simple" addon buttons for use with the EQ2 button ingame. At least in my Fetish UI this mod brings up the bag bar I was mentioning earlier. I also like the one button toggling of all bags open/closed and I have often used the nightvision especially in mines or dark zones.

Drunador
Unread 11-14-2005, 10:39 PM
A Brown Bear

One stupid question.

how do I get mine to look like yours??? Don't have the chat windows and none of the hotbars are setup the way the pics are, and I have several orbs that don't do anything...
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:13 PM
A Brown Bear

well one orb is for when your grouped so it wont do anything till you are but the orb itself fills up when you cast or use skills its like a timer. AS for the hot keys you just just set the window setting so you can see the boarder and the adjust the size from there (after you can get rid of the boarder) as for the chat just right click on you chat window and open new window.

Hope im adressing the right issues, if im way off base then just ignore me.
Unread 11-15-2005, 01:11 PM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgyr
The ball in the group window (right above the spell / harvest name) should fill as you harvest / cast a spell - I'm actually lookin' at some of the things Zonx has done now, and might have some new stuff put up this week, depending how long it takes the medicine to kick in.
Just to give you a heads up, that is a great idea but no it was not working for me.

Drunador
Unread 11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks Wulf. Had to reset windows to default to get start button to work but it's working. Just installed the quest journal, looks great. Keep up the great work.
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Drun- if you still want the casting bar to come up, rather than the group orb, delete the eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml file from the dracokyn folder, that should re-enable the default bar.
Unread 11-16-2005, 09:09 AM
A Griffawn

Default Ty

Thanks Wulf. Nice to know that.

Drunador
Unread 11-16-2005, 10:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos
Default not getting all my skill knowledge to show up

i just downloaded the latest version 1.00, and i brought up my scholar crafter, i noticed in the Knowledge window, under her crafting skills, her scribing skills do not show up, the others do, but those 3 skills don't, i even tried changing the way they showed up and it didnt work :P

...on another note...i LOVE this UI, as does my husband! it flows beautifully with the game! We love the elegance and simplicity of it! Not to mention the fact that it doesn't cover half the viewing area <grin> thank you for being a great artist

lol nm.....i was hitting the first and last arrows! doh <smack> found the other arrows for changing pages and found my missing skills hehe.....

Last edited by Callamity : 11-16-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Unread 11-17-2005, 11:00 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Crafting Windows

HEy Wulfy, Wondering how the cold is doing.

Anyway, been looking at some of the other MODS that people have done and was most interested in Crafting windows and bag windows (as stated previously). I checked out alot of work on both and though i found many interestering non of which really have set well with me.

So we have already talked about bags but i was wondering if you had any plans for recodeing the crafting windows?
Unread 11-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

The biggest thing that bugs me with the crafting windows (default, that is), is how the dang title doesn't "wrap" properly for my T6 imbued rare armor pieces - as such, I'll probably be doing these as well. I've figured out a few "shortcuts" to re-skinning things, so I may say "heck with it", and reskin every window in the game. :P

Thanks for asking, the cold is going... not well. I shoulda gone into the doctor's instead of procrastinating and tryin' to "tough it out", so it's gotten a bit worse - unfortunately, not much I can do doctor-visit-wise until the weekends, since I've gotta take care of my kids (wife goes to school at night during the week)... that's where I've been the last day and a half. Well, taking care of them, and hitting the bed as early as possible, lol.

Weekends almost here though, and I can slow down, and take care of myself a bit better.

Wulfy
Unread 11-19-2005, 11:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default UI never stays the same each time I log in

Absolutely brilliant UI. Love it! However, after spending time setting up the windows and positions, etc, when I log back in to EQ2, the windows have re-arranged or missing or changed. I have to spend another 10mins or so re-arranging them again. I have to re-load the default Draco and start over. How can I keep things the way I set them?? Thanks.
Unread 11-20-2005, 11:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm working on keeping the real boss happy..you know...my wife!! <heh> She has just started using this UI as well, but she has a hard time seeing the center line on the XP bar. Is there a way to make this bigger? (either just the bar or even the whole thing) ...or maybe remove the percent text and only have it show up with a mouseover?

This is an AWESOME UI! Thanks again

Fersnizzle on Lavastorm
Unread 11-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

My apologies all, I've been extremely busy with another project and haven't kept up with the boards like I normally do. So without further ado, here goes:

Sollum - sounds like you have a corrupted character INI file. Try deleting the eq2_servername_charname.ini file in your EQ2 directory. You'll have to re-organize the windows again after doing that, but hopefully that fixes the issue. (It's a known bug, for some reason, some character INI files get corrupted from time to time. Sony still hasn't given us a reliable fix for it, as far as I know) If that doesn't fix the problem, let me know, and I'll e-mail you one of my character INI files to use.

Mikegoe - took a quick look at the window, and I should be able to move the percentage indicator's over to the end of the bars without too much trouble. I may look at refining the color's used as well, depending on how much time I have to work with it. (This other project is becoming much more involved that I anticipated, but I think you folks will be very pleased with the result)

Sic - putting my plans to reskin windows on hold until I finish the ongoing project - that's not to say I won't push one out while taking a break from the other job, though.

Callamity - no worries, I'll add that to the installation notes to make it a bit clearer for folks.

RAWR!

Wulfy
(thanks again for everyone's support - please, vote for the UI if you use it and like it, and of course, let me know if there's anything you'd like to see!)
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:42 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Everfrost
Question Small Tweaks

First, I'm so glad to see T King's artwork again. I've missed it since I stopped playing EQ1.

But, I've got a couple of small change requests. If I knew more about HTML, I'd do them myself. I'm hoping someone on the forum can assist me.

On the Player and Target windows, with the Arcane orbs, would it be possible to fill the orbs with the same color as the Group window? They look rather strange, pretty much having no color. If someone can tell me what/where I need to add to the files, I'd appreciate it. I already know where to find the proper color match code.

Also, on the Loading images, they seem to be stuck in the upper-left corner of my screen. I run 1280x1024, and I would like to have them centered, but don't know what to alter to achieve that goal.

Thanks for reviving my favorite EQ1 artwork, Wulf. It's wonderful to see again.
Unread 11-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Thanks Sable, I appreciate it!

For the group window, the color fill is actually the casting bar. I might be able to add the code in to work on the other orbs as well, would mainly be a matter of plotting the correct coordinates, and getting the code in there. The orb itself as designed by Kuvasie never had a fill, that was a mod made later.

For the loading images... I assume you mean while zoning? I'll have to take a look at those, they are actually a mod made by Geniva that I incorporated, because of the T. King content. It may simply be a resolution issue - unfortunately, some of the UI files that SoE uses are very resistant to resolution changes, I'll check and see if the loadscreens are one of them.

Thank goodness tommorow's the last day of work for me!

Wulfy
Unread 11-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Some minor updates today: (cut and pasted)

Quote:
Fixes
-------------------------------
* 25 November 2005 - Fixed Group Window Max Health to reflect actual group members, instead of always having the first group members max health.
* 25 November 2005 - Placed Player Window with Tradeskill level and relocated XP / Tradeskill XP % labels into the main download.
* 25 November 2005 - Added the option to have scroll arrows on the hotkey bar back in.
Fersnizzle - here's a screenshot of the updated player window:

Notice the exp labels are relocated to the right side, for better visibility of the bar itself. (Though it's hard to tell with Mystbolt's TS exp, lol).

All of these updates have been placed in the main download file, so once it's approved, just download that. If you don't want to re-install the complete UI folder, just copy the eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml files into your UI\Dracokyn folder. (Don't forget to re-run EQ2Map updater if you replace the whole UI folder!!)

Wulfy
Unread 11-25-2005, 10:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

For the casting bubble, it shows the name of the spell that I'm casting underneath the party window, and the orb in the party window fills up, is there any way to get it to do that on the Target windows orbs? Also, it shows what spell I'm casting there, and in another location on my screen at the same time

Great UI though, I like it
Unread 11-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Hiya's Tylius - having the target orbs fill at the same time is something others have mentioned as well. I'm going to take a look at it when I get a chance, I'm also busy with another project as well at the moment. (The updates today were comparitively quick and easy to do, whereas havin' the target orbs fill is going to involve more work).

When the spell name pops up in another window on your screen, right click it, go to the window properties, and make it transparent.

Wulfy
Unread 11-25-2005, 11:49 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Hiya's Tylius - having the target orbs fill at the same time is something others have mentioned as well. I'm going to take a look at it when I get a chance, I'm also busy with another project as well at the moment. (The updates today were comparitively quick and easy to do, whereas havin' the target orbs fill is going to involve more work).

When the spell name pops up in another window on your screen, right click it, go to the window properties, and make it transparent.

Wulfy

Okay, thanks
I wasn't sure if it was normal, will do, thanks
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Anytime, and thank you for using the UI. I recommend a clicky ring, or guise of the deceiver to get that casting message to pop up, so you can adjust the properties.

Rawr!

Wulfy (look me up if you're on permafrost, and need a ring)
Unread 11-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Due to popular request.... and a sleepless night with the baby *wince, groan*:

I'm proud to announce the Target Bar casting progress mod is finished, and has been made available as an add-on for Draco'Kyn UI.

Enjoy!!!

Wulfy
Unread 11-26-2005, 11:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Due to popular request.... and a sleepless night with the baby *wince, groan*:

I'm proud to announce the Target Bar casting progress mod is finished, and has been made available as an add-on for Draco'Kyn UI.

Enjoy!!!

Wulfy
*cheers*

Thanks