EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 10-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Boneflail

Have you guys considered what this means? If they are giving away beta entries with only 2 weeks left in october, what's the chances of a release in November? UPS takes a week to deliver beta materials, so earliest you are looking at the 22nd. There are approimately 12 weeks left in the YEAR and yet sony hasn't picked a release date. They've said "we expect november", but if that were the case, you'd expect two things right now: beta testing would be wrapping up and they would give us a firm date. I mean come on, we aren't asking for them to go out on a limb. If they were ready to release in november (2 weeks from now) you can't tell me they wouldn't announce it. If they were thinkign in 4 weeks, you'd think they would announce it... actually, I would expect a release date if they were within 2 months. Right now, I think they are probably not going to release this year and miss the only "date" they gave (which was "sometime in 2004.") With WoW coming out in November and EQ2 likely missing the christmas rush and falling into post-christmas debt-repayment perior for many families, EQ2 is going to miss the boat.

Sure, I'd like to be in the beta -- doesn't everybody? It's the only EQ2 anybody will be playing this year if I'm reading the tealeaves correctly.
Unread 10-14-2004, 11:10 AM
Bails

Thumbs Up

Thanks for the opportunity!!
Unread 10-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Default Charecter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdakis
Question: If you are chosen to be one of the beta testers for EQII, will you be able to keep the character once the full-version is released?
Unfornately no. Sony has already stated that all charecters made in beta will be deleted for reasons of fairness.
Unread 10-14-2004, 01:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxylir
First off, thanks for the opportunity to get into Beta..

Secondly, Lineage II was an awful game. Its a PvE game wrapped with pretty PvP wrapping paper. Being in Closed beta and Open beta, I agree that keeping beta characters into retail is indeed an unfair advantage.

The biggest problem with L2 was in fact that they didn't care that exploits killed the item market. ALOT of very good items were dupped as well as adena. It virtually killed the market. The haves were gods and the have nots were left to struggle. The game was beautiful to look at and had NO support or substance. I really had high hopes for that game until EQII came out. Having played it for about 6 months, I must say that it still brings up bad memories. Anyways, that is ancient history. EQII is SOOOOO close to coming out that it doesn't matter any more. Hopefully I can get into beta to start trying things out.

Thanks again EQ2 Interface!!!
I agree, some one really messed that game up, when i startet to play in the closed beta L2 looked to be one kick a$$ game.
but NCsoft didt care about exploits, farmers, griefers.
I stoped playing L2 for one reason, all my friends left the game
and then there was`t really anything left for me to do there

Thnaks fro the contest EQ2Interface hope to get a key
Unread 10-14-2004, 01:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneflail
Have you guys considered what this means? If they are giving away beta entries with only 2 weeks left in october, what's the chances of a release in November? UPS takes a week to deliver beta materials, so earliest you are looking at the 22nd. There are approimately 12 weeks left in the YEAR and yet sony hasn't picked a release date. They've said "we expect november", but if that were the case, you'd expect two things right now: beta testing would be wrapping up and they would give us a firm date. I mean come on, we aren't asking for them to go out on a limb. If they were ready to release in november (2 weeks from now) you can't tell me they wouldn't announce it. If they were thinkign in 4 weeks, you'd think they would announce it... actually, I would expect a release date if they were within 2 months. Right now, I think they are probably not going to release this year and miss the only "date" they gave (which was "sometime in 2004.") With WoW coming out in November and EQ2 likely missing the christmas rush and falling into post-christmas debt-repayment perior for many families, EQ2 is going to miss the boat.

Sure, I'd like to be in the beta -- doesn't everybody? It's the only EQ2 anybody will be playing this year if I'm reading the tealeaves correctly.
If they delay the game, they prollly have a reason.
I rather have a good and staple game than have it on said realese date
Unread 10-14-2004, 02:07 PM
A Coastal Crab

:eek: WOW I hope I win, undeserving as I am. Then again I never win any thing :rolleyes:
Unread 10-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Oddey

Default Yeehaw

Just rolled the dice and am trying to get in the Beta...good luck to me!
Unread 10-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Pavidus

Cool

Yehaa cant wait for it to come out
Unread 10-14-2004, 06:29 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Going Crazy

I am just going crazy each day passes know EQ2 will be out sometime, every day after work I go home turn on computer load up the EQ2 Chara Creation and play around with it, play the videos over and over... Am I going crazy, this is already becoming an Addiction, I cant wait til I get 2 week vacation off in Dec to play this game 24 hour straight ehe...
Unread 10-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Gird

Default Beta tester in training . . .

LOL!

Love the posts here.

Thank you very much for the chance you are giving to get in the "beta" phase of EQII on this board. My wife and I spend most of our free time on "one" and are looking forward to switching our addiction to "two".

Take care, everyone!
Unread 10-14-2004, 06:56 PM
joecahill

i wanna play
Unread 10-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Enkanto

Default Thank you EQ2 Interface!

I just wanted to say thank you Eq2 Interface for this contest!
Unread 10-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Ciara

Good luck everyone!! I hope I win and my fiance doesn't,hehe..:P

This is so exciting
Unread 10-15-2004, 02:07 AM
denass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciara
Good luck everyone!! I hope I win and my fiance doesn't,hehe..:P

This is so exciting

Haha,Thats mean C!

I love these contests.. Good luck everyone except for Ciara..:P
Unread 10-15-2004, 02:55 AM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

about 9 hours to first draw... gonna hit the sack so I can make sure I am rested for the big draw tomorrow..

Good luck to everyone!
Unread 10-15-2004, 05:22 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost

Thanks Kudane, Good Night!
Unread 10-15-2004, 06:39 AM
A Forest Scavenger

It is 6:38 in the morning, sitting on pins and needles here!! Good luck to everyone and thanks for this exciting contest Kudane. It does get the blood pumping!
Unread 10-15-2004, 09:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Woot! thank you EQ Interface for allowing me to have a chance at getting into EQ 2 Beta.. I already have 2 friends in it now .. I can't wait to join them (maybe )
Unread 10-15-2004, 10:11 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneflail

The game is a 2 gig download... aka why they said they do it on fridays so that you can play by the weekend.
Unread 10-15-2004, 11:46 AM
MrWince

Default I, too, give my thanks

Ahhhh, sweet beta... how I would love to get in thee.
Unread 10-15-2004, 12:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Red face pins and needles....

Okay Kudane... I am totally on edge!!!

/em rolls his lucky dice and they come up...

Unread 10-15-2004, 12:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Who won ?
Unread 10-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Boneflail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueadyeni
The game is a 2 gig download... aka why they said they do it on fridays so that you can play by the weekend.
Good info, doesn't change anything. With 2 more beta give-aways to go, we'll be in november and people will still be new to beta. Why bother adding a beta tester a week or two or even a month before release?

Again, I'd love to be a beta tester -- heck at least I'd see this game this year. I'm mostly irked because I've paid for the pre-order and the starter kit and it was just a donation to sony for vapor-ware. People have been talking about this game coming out since March.

People who say they want it well tested before release as an argument. If sony is still uncertain of a date, they shouldn't be taking pre-orders. Last spring in EQ Live, there were like 3 months were monsters were not always spawning above ground but would still kill you (and say that you can't see them if you try to defend yourself.) You could fall through the geomotry at any point and wait hours or days for a guide to rescue you. Etc. Etc. Sony isn't known for their good testing and they are certainly known for charging their players anyway.

I've paid them money for a game that doesn't exist and I think they owe me a release date. This beta contest is nifty -- it raises awareness that the game might someday exist and creates an elite club of folks who can just look at the rest of us suckers and say "oh, I signed an NDA and can't talk about how great it is."

Frankly, the NDA is about as iritating as the fact that I paid money and haven't seen a release date. The "expected in 2004" is getting old. If they lifted the NDA, at least we could see if our money is buying us anything interesting.
Unread 10-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Ruluku

as of right now, EQII has no official release date, but if you look on something like ebgames's website, they have it set to ship the 15th of november
Unread 10-15-2004, 06:37 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default I can only wish

I can only wish to be able to see beta, nope Im not begging (just wishing) nothing wrong with that right Gratz to those that got in..