EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-26-2005, 10:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

I love the minimap as well and I would like to see it drop to Bottom, Right.
Unread 03-26-2005, 10:30 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

I bet some of the Code from Fetishis Inventory window, with the placable dock would work.
Unread 03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Can you put this superbe plug-in in the download section ?? It will be easy to find out...

Thanks,
Jourdelune
Unread 04-08-2005, 01:19 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

This is in the download section..

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3584

It's just a little hard to find because it's uploaded as an addon to EQ2Map Main Download.. I'm not a team member so I don't think I can upload to the EQ2Map Section Directly..

I will see about making it remember it's location.. They've added a way to add "external" windows so that should make it easier..
Unread 04-08-2005, 02:10 PM
A Griffon

Wouldn't a RestoreButton.Activated=true fix any resizing issues that crop up from using your MiniMap with EQ2MAP skins since skins should be changing the resize value used in the RestoreButton?

Also, the default map window (and EQ2MAP) closes when you zone; this isn't something I've looked into changing, though I may today. I mention this because keeping your MiniMap open while zoning has been brought up elsewhere. If it's anything like logging in, EQ2 will try and close the map window like 8 times while zoning.

Quib

Last edited by Quib : 04-08-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Unread 04-09-2005, 01:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye
Default MiniMap button

I am trying to make a button that will just toggle the minimap insted of opening the main map and then clicking on the minimap button on there..

I have tried some variations of..

/show_window MainHUD.Map.TM_Plugins.TM_Plugin1.TM_MinimapWindow

But I see it is in the eq2map folder as plugin_1.xml , I could maybe get it to work if I pulled it out of there and put it in main UI folder, dont realy want to have to do that likes..

Is this possible to do now its intergrated within the main map? without breaking it lol,

Basicly all I want to do is make a button on my UI that will just show the minimap
Unread 04-09-2005, 01:27 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Couple ways to do this...

External button approach:
Code:
OnPress="show_window(MainHUD.Map) show_window(MainHUD.Map)
parent.parent.Map.TM_Plugins.TM_Plugin1.DockButton.TM_DockButton.Activated=true"
The above code assumes the button is at the top of a MainHud window. Add parent references as needed if its nested farther down. It MUST be in MainHud.

Plugin Hack approach:
Insert the following button into Plugin1.xml just after the opening page code.
Code:
<button Name="OnShowWindow" OnActivate="TM_DockButton.Activated=true
Activated=false">
The above method will ALWAYS open the map window in cropped mode. Just use the M key noramlly. You can click the undock button to uncrop the map at any time

Last edited by Zonx : 04-09-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Unread 04-09-2005, 02:31 PM
A Griffon

Thanks, I decided to go with the button approch

But lol, The button is 1 more parent deep so I added the extra "parent" in there, when you press the button nothing seems to happen, but when you hit "M" the map shows up in mini mode... And if you toggle the dock button to show full map and then press my new button again it will switch it to the minimap..

What I dont understand is why my button is not loading up the map in the first place?

This is what I got.

<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalText="Map" LocalTooltip="Shows and hides the MiniMap" Location="41,110" Name="MapShow" OnPress="show_window(MainHUD.Map) show_window(MainHUD.Map) parent.parent.parent.Map.TM_Plugins.TM_Plugin1.DockButton.TM_DockButton.Activate d=true parent.MapHide.Visible=true Visible=false" ScrollExtent="34,15" Size="34,15" Style="text_button_emotes" Tooltip="Shows and hides the MiniMap">Map</Button>
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" LocalText="Map" LocalTooltip="Shows and hides the MiniMap" Location="41,110" Name="MapHide" OnPress="hide_window(MainHUD.Map) hide_window(MainHUD.Map) parent.parent.parent.Map.TM_Plugins.TM_Plugin1.DockButton.TM_DockButton.Activate d=true parent.MapShow.Visible=true Visible=false" ScrollExtent="34,15" Size="34,15" Style="text_button_emotes" Tooltip="Shows and hides the MiniMap" Visible="false">Map</Button>

Thanks
Unread 04-09-2005, 02:41 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Bleh, I typo copied and pasted. Omitted = from the show_window

Should be:

show_window=(MainHUD.Map) show_window=(MainHUD.Map)

Same for the hide_window, insert equals.
Unread 04-09-2005, 03:00 PM
A Griffon

DOH omg lol, I been making buttons to do different things allday and cant belive I didnt see that the damn "=" was missing lol, Time to call it a day I thinks

Anyways thats working great now Thanks for the help
Unread 12-19-2005, 03:17 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Position Marker

Great plugin!

One request though: the positionmarker isn't shown on the Minimap. Is there a way to show both, Minmap and marker? Without the marker the map isn't really helping unless you have a real good sense of orientation
Unread 12-21-2005, 06:58 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

this plugin seems to be incompatable with the eq2map auto - updater. I was using the manual updates for so long because i couln't install .net framework. Well i finnaly got 2.0 installed and now use the autoupdater. This plugin no longer functions properly. The map itself works but only when in full size, the minimap does not show proper map position, nor do any buttons work for the minimap size. I don't believe i am doing anything wrong, perhaps someone has some more info about this?
Unread 01-11-2006, 08:36 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Missing Direction Arrow

Hiya, love the PlugIn, but am having a bit of trouble with the direction arrow. When I have the map in full size, everything is fine, and the Minimap button is present next to the minimize button, as it should be. My full size map shows my direction arrow, and the new post LU18 quest giver icons.

However, when I shrink the map to Minimap size, my direction arrow dissapears, and so do the LU18 quest giver icons. Is this supposed to happen ?

Also, there have been occasions , after zoning for instance, when I have reduced the normal map to Minimap size, and can see my direction arrow, but it's in completely the wrong location for where I am. For instance, I zone into Antonica, open the map in ful size, and there's my direction arrow where it should be, on the dock below the lighthouse. But when I change to Minimap, my direction arrow is off the map, usually in the bottom right. It points in the right direction, but is in the wrong location. After I move around a bit, it dissapears altogether. Do I have a problem ?

I uninstalled Minimap as directed in your notes, and re installed, but I have exactly the same problem. My E2Map patcher is current, ver 1.0.6 I think it is, and I can't seem to fix the problem. I'd appreciate any thoughts you have on the subject.
Unread 01-31-2006, 10:49 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Like others, I noticed a while back that the minimap plugin no longer seemed reliable, and finally uninstalled it. But I still miss it.

With all the changes made this week to the main EQ2MAP files, is there any chance that this plugin will be updated? Frankly, I think the minimap functionality ought to be included in EQ2MAP by default, anyway; it's a godsend to those of us who have to play at low resolutions.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 01-31-2006, 11:02 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Talyns doesn't do EQ2 anymore

but...

TM_MiniMap will continute to be supported as a part of the Fetish sets. It's possible I could get around to porting it out as a stand-alone piece if someone else doesn't beat me to it

The incarnation included in the Fetish sets is still fairly self contained. There would be some integration bits to rip out since it cohabitates and interoperates with other Fetish features.

FYI, the version on my machine work just fine
Unread 01-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Zonx I've started on converting this plug in ( havn't got far ) but if it would be easier to just port yours over as a stand alone plug-in then go for it. I've basically been redoing the widgets to match SOE's and being I am like a fish out of water when dealing with graphics I've been a bit slow lol.
Unread 02-03-2006, 12:30 AM
A Griffon

Landiin,
I've converted it but have no way to test my work ingame, as I no longer play. In doing so I discovered some bugs in the plugin system:

1. The size of the page TM_Plungins (core_plugins.xml) should be the same as the normal map size (484,640).

2. TM_Plugin8.xml is missing (Do you think you'll need 10 plugins spaces?)

3. Each plugin should be named in sequence.. They are all named tm_plugin1

4. In (skinnable_WindowElements.xml) the QM_MinimizeButton and QM_RestoreButton OnActivate events calls plugin events near the top.. They should be called last.

That is the way it was originally designed. Reason being is it was intended to make it possible to change the way minimize & restore button function. If the plugin events are called first the original function overwrites what plugins do.

I attached a zip with the debugged xml (plugins_patch.zip)

I also attached the untested updated version of talyns_minimap. It requires that the plugin_patch is installed first.

Note to everyone except Landiin: DOWNLOAD this stuff at your OWN RISK risk... It is meant to help Landiin get a working version of talyns_minimap back up to par.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugins_patch.zip (7.5 KB, 243 views)
File Type: zip talyns_minimap1_1beta.zip (6.6 KB, 229 views)
Unread 02-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Cool thanks Talyns

Also thanks for the pointing out the placement of the OnActivate in restore, I'll get that fix.

I don't' know if 10 will be needed or not, but as the eq2 ui modder fan base gets bigger I just wanted to have the exptra slots there just in case. /shrug my works has pounded redundancy in my head for so long I just have to put stuff like that in i guess lol.
Unread 02-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

I've also had a few requests for this to be integrated into the T. King Gothic theme. I'll start taking a look at what you put together, Talyns. In my case, I've modded the universal window files, so we'll see how that affects the window graphics. (I did the universal files, so that way other mods can "skin" themselves, as long as they use the standard SoE graphics)

Thanks for all the hard work!

Wulfy
Unread 02-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Talyns, That works perfect! U can use it to update the mod.

I'll get Dolby your changes so he can put them live
Unread 02-04-2006, 09:16 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

A working version of this plugin is included with Fetish Nightfall 6.0.

It does include a few minor tweaks for the whole Fetish Map set, but should be relatively easy to rip out and reskin back to the default UI.

Note: core_plugins.xml really doesn't need to be sized the same as the main page as it includeds script to do that automagically.
Unread 02-04-2006, 10:12 PM
A Griffon

Zonx:
Actually it does need to be the same size.. When it resizes any plugins under it with a pack size of "absolute,absolute" will be resized the same amount of pixels..

So If I add a plugin that has packsize of absolute,absolute and has the same size as the map window it will resize when the plugin page is resized and actually be bigger than the map window itself. Will cause the same problems with smaller plugins in the same manner making them larger than designed when the window is shown.. Hopes that makes sense..

Why spend time ripping a version out of fetishmaps when the original plugin is now working and will be made available shortly?

Landiin:
I did a little more work on it and found a few more bugs in the plugin system.

The LeftGrouper, RightGrouper, and Frame OnHide and OnShow events were messed up. The should always be called last and they were calling Parent.TM_Plugins.On.... When it should be Parent.Parent.TM_Plugins.On....

I restructured the layout of the Plugin making it more modular and should be fairly easy to tweak the locations of controls or reskin it altogether.

However, like before, I have no idea how it works ingame.. I know it works perfectly in UIBuilder just like the last one.

Wulfgyr:
Unless the frames are really elaborate it should be pretty much work fine and look ok.

To make it look perfect:
The dockbutton and controls are custom graphics and may need to be skinned if they are out of place. They are contained in images/minimap_widgets.tga.

The locations, sizes, and styles of things can be tweaked by editing minimap_dockbuton.xml, minimap_window.xml, and minimap_title.xml.

The version I'm attaching now should be fairly skinnable..

I also added an updated plugin patch that includes the first patch and an updated skinnable_WindowElements.xml to fix the plugin events..
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_patch2.zip (7.0 KB, 229 views)
File Type: zip TalynsMinimap_1_1beta_v2.zip (6.3 KB, 223 views)
Unread 02-04-2006, 10:46 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
Zonx:
Actually it does need to be the same size..
I understand the resize issues. Yes its better if the plugins page matches the map but its not critical, so long as folks size their plugins relative to the original plugin page size. Skins will be adjusting the map window size anyway, which will also resize the plugins page. Point is to set the plugin page size and not keep pushing out changes to it. Changing its size will almost definetly break stuff designed for an older size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
Why spend time ripping a version out of fetishmaps when the original plugin is now working and will be made available shortly?
Because the Fetish version has been tested ingame, which you said you couldn't do. Also I'm guessing you're working with the Map code curently being pushed by the updater and not the latest revs we've been testing with and I've included with Fetish 6.0. Might save someone some hassle tweaking the scripts /shrug.
Unread 02-05-2006, 12:16 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
I understand the resize issues. Yes its better if the plugins page matches the map but its not critical, so long as folks size their plugins relative to the original plugin page size. Skins will be adjusting the map window size anyway, which will also resize the plugins page. Point is to set the plugin page size and not keep pushing out changes to it. Changing its size will almost definetly break stuff designed for an older size.

Because the Fetish version has been tested ingame, which you said you couldn't do. Also I'm guessing you're working with the Map code curently being pushed by the updater and not the latest revs we've been testing with and I've included with Fetish 6.0. Might save someone some hassle tweaking the scripts /shrug.
I did look at the map included in fetish 6.0 and the only file I have to worry about is the skinnable_objects.xml because it's skinned I have no idea what was changed with the default version. If it has the same checkbox type button for the restore/minimize button it might break my plugin. However, that is easily fixed.

I didn't test to see if it "worked" plugged in to fetish because I don't care if it works there.. It has it in there already.

The plugin system should recieve the fixes for the EventCalls to put it in line with the way it was designed.

I still don't agree with the size thing.. It is critical. was designed to be the same size. It makes it more symetrical and logical. What can it really break? The only plugins that are available for download that have an absolute,absolute is mine and maybe the plugins in your skin..

Someone in the future wanting to design a plugin that takes up all the space in the map might find it confusing or illogical: The map window is 484 by 640 but I have to design a plugin at 484 by 597 and use a pack size of absolute,absolute to make the plugin take up the whole window and size with the window correctly when a skin with a different sized map window is used.

/shrug
I'm changing mine to be of fixed,fixed packsize in the next release, so it doesn't really effect me. Just seems kind of illogical to me..

You can rip yours out if you want but I think mine will survive most changes. Even though I didn't test it ingame I'm 99% sure it will work as intended in the game.. Landiin also said it works perfect.. So I will release it when the plugin system is concrete and worry about any possible changes to the eq2map later.. I'm not scrapping my effort now.. I put quite a few hours into the update, the original, and the original design of the plugin system, which I never even got a mention for on the eq2map site. People have been interested in an update and I plan on updating it, especially now that I started. I just wish I could upload it to the main eqmap area instead of as an addon to the manual version where it gets little attention.

Last edited by Talyns : 02-05-2006 at 12:41 AM.
Unread 02-05-2006, 12:58 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Talyns, I'm realy not interested in hyjacking your mod as my own. I was just trying to help folks that wanted to keep the plugin. You'll notice I posted I had a working version days befor you responded.

I was trying to help and maybe save other devs some effort. If you don't want/need my help that's fine. Not trying to step on your toes.

Sorry if you didn't get credit for the plugin system, I know how that goes myself having suggested the inclusion architechure to enable skinning, plugins and the web updates. Neither of us were runing the project so not much we can do about who got credit for what. At least you got TM_ stamped all over the plugin code

As far as the size thing goes... changing the plugin page size now will result in both my already released plugins being out of position untill I can release another update. Its hard enough keeping up with SOE changes without having EQ2Map skin and plugin code changing and breaking stuff mid release. The current size works for the current plugins, why change it and force updates to existing plugins when future authors can just as easily code for the existing size? Are we gonna break plugins every time SOE resizes the map window?

In any event I'll deal like I always do.