EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 10-30-2005, 07:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
unfortunately there is no way to create a search box in the user interface for eq2 unless it is already put there by sony.
Okay, then my crude back-up dream would be for the lists of POI labels to be available in a text file. Then I could search it for mob types and see their associated locs. (Yes, I know the gamepressure maps have something similar to this, but their maps will probably never be as detailed as eq2interface maps!)
Unread 10-30-2005, 10:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Faydark
Default searching

Moldragor, just put a link to the eq2map search page on your desktop like I did. It comes in VERY handy while you're questing and ever since Taco added the little map that pops up when you search and open up a search result, it makes it easy to see where a POI is on the map and alt-tab back over to eq2 and see where it is on the in-game map as well.

Well, I guess this won't make much sense until the website is back up and running since we have no search right now but when it's back up, this is a great way to speed up questing!
Unread 10-31-2005, 12:07 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Send a message via ICQ to SaintPeter Send a message via AIM to SaintPeter Send a message via MSN to SaintPeter Send a message via Yahoo to SaintPeter

I think you'll really like the new version of that page too. Shouldn't be too long before it's good to go.
Unread 11-09-2005, 11:11 AM
A Coastal Crab

Talking

Couple ideas...
Have dropdown List that you could choose what to display. Ie: just the NPC poi's.

A list of the POI's on the current map and when one is selected an addition icon (something that would stick out) would indicate the location of the corresponding PIO icon.

Finally, a dropdown list that you could choose other maps from and view them while you not in that zone.
Unread 11-17-2005, 10:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Needed feature

Since the removal of the drop-down map link lists, we need at least one new feature- on multi-page maps (like EL and Antonica), we need buttons, one on each side of the map window, to let us switch halves of the map.

Oh, I would admit that I would love a way to zoom maps up to a larger size, but that might be more work than would be worth it. I can use a screenshot and export to a paint program, as I've done for a while now.

The map-half swap is a must, though, unless you're going to bring back the drop-downs!
Unread 11-17-2005, 12:07 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to SaintPeter Send a message via AIM to SaintPeter Send a message via MSN to SaintPeter Send a message via Yahoo to SaintPeter

What you describe may be possible.

It's something I've been considering as a solution to the issues we have with Splitpaw.
Unread 11-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl
Default Recommendations

Recommend including all map plugin options within the EQ2Map project and the selection process throgh the EQ2Map AU.

You could offer different map plugin slots that include dropdowns with selective plugins available.

This would allow all Map Feature items to be maintainded within the EQ2Map project rather than maintained within individual UI's.

Map mods recommended would be:
Minimap
Bigymap
Grid Overlay
POI Icons options such as different icons or different sizes
Load map
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-23-2005, 09:30 PM
A Coastal Crab

Reccomend maybe...

1. an option to remember fog settings...(walk into N.freeport walk into W.freeport... and back to N.freeport.. and it resets fog settings.)

2. an option to remove fog in all zones? (like commonlands is all black but i can see the icons, but i would like to see the terrain.)

3. Search function to highlight a specific POI...
Unread 11-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
Reccomend maybe...

1. an option to remember fog settings...(walk into N.freeport walk into W.freeport... and back to N.freeport.. and it resets fog settings.)

2. an option to remove fog in all zones? (like commonlands is all black but i can see the icons, but i would like to see the terrain.)

3. Search function to highlight a specific POI...
All things that are not possible to do with the EQ2 UI atm.
Unread 11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

That reminds me of my wishful thinking, that after you do uncover all the black unexplored areas, that it would just remove the black from places like mountains and borders you can't acctually walk. Not really a point to it being there ones you've explored 100% of the walkable area
Unread 11-24-2005, 07:22 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Everfrost

I admit I haven't read all the replies, but there's one feature I'd really love to have - a selectable display. When I'm looking for a specific creature to kill, it would be nice to have ONLY the creature icons showing - especially in the cases where one location contains several other POI's. As wonderful as this map is, the usefulness of it is actually decreasing with the increased information displayed - it's really becoming a case of "information overload."
Unread 03-23-2006, 05:36 PM
A Coastal Crab

Not sure if this has been mentioned already (there were lots and lots of ideas to read through), I'd love to see a zoom in features so the dots aren't overlapping as much. There's so much useful information on there, its hard to click the right dot ... just a thought. BTW, I LOVE this tool (and so do all my friends)!
Unread 04-07-2006, 07:57 AM
A Coastal Crab

Ok heres a spelling bug, Nektropos castle, Inside there you spelt spawn wrong in game room.
Unread 02-23-2007, 11:05 AM
A Grove Wisp

Thumbs Up Product Suggestion

I've been using EQ2MAP for a long time and LOVE it. It saves me a ton of time in the game. I do have a product "request".

Currently, you have a toggle on the zone connection map for the entire world via the "world" tab, showing the boat routes. Love that! I'd like to see tabs for each expansion showing the zone connections for each of those areas - similar to the city zone map "Current City". I'd like to see zone connection maps for KoS, EoF, etc that I can reference.
For the zones that you can port to or boat to, a note to where you need to go to catch the boat/port would be a plus. eg: antonica spires port to TT

Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Moldy
Unread 03-11-2007, 03:32 AM
Skinning Guru
Premium Member
Featured

I have a hard time trying to find the correct dot for where I am looking. Took me longer to find what I needed by that method than to seach for the loc number using the website.

So I installed the Spoiler thing... however it seems it is its own thing.

I was hoping of some sort of window that would display all the links that eq2map has done already, or maybe a search tool to find it. The dots are handy but really gets to be hard to read when there are so many, especially when they overlap.

I would much rather like to see a list-version of eq2maps similar to the spoiler idea.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Unread 03-13-2007, 01:10 AM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to Talyns

On the list:
A list would be a great addition to eqMap project. So much so, that the team has been kicking around ideas about it for about a year now. We have a working internal pre-pre-beta.

So what's the problem?
Well,
The list and poi's need to share the same data so to that end we would have to change the way poi's are handled on internally. It would be more of a dynamic system based on DataSource objects. Meaning that the dots aren't placed until needed (the map is displayed).

The major benefits of this system
1st. It allows for searchable list of POIs for each map. The list can be used to isolate the POI on the map or to create a trail to it.
2nd. Since the same data is used; more memory, diskspace, and bandwidth is not needed.
3rd. With the new browser button we can add a button to the map window to comment on or report bad icons.

The major drawbacks of this system
1st There will be a pause (comparable to the pause when open the recipe book) whenever you open the map for the first time in a new zone or cross a map boundry (i.e. whenever a new map is displayed). The reason is the datasource needs to be parsed to reconfigure the POIs on the map.
2nd The number of each type of POI will have to be limited. (e.g. each map will be limited to a set number of POIS.
3rd The code on the website needs to be rewritten to accomidate this system. Also, every plugin and skin would need to be rewritten.

We hope to get a pre-beta preview out to the public in the coming weeks. But being as the whole team is occupied with other pressing issues (in real life and UI updates) it may take longer.

But for now here is a little teaser screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	5688