Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 02-05-2006, 01:20 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Zonx no worries..

I really don't care what you guys do with it. I will keep my nose out of it from now on.. I was just pointing out the way it was designed and how it should be updated to be inline with the way it was originally designed..
Unread 02-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Bah Talyns don't keep you nose out of it bro, all input is welcome and needed. I know I am always open for input and am willing to change/fix things, I think Zonx is too. I know for me I just creng(sp) with each live update because SOE has been changing so much with the UI ( yes I'm a bit lazy ). I am not saying its bad, I like the changes they are making but let me play the game some lol
Unread 02-05-2006, 02:59 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Bah Talyns don't keep you nose out of it bro, all input is welcome and needed. I know I am always open for input and am willing to change/fix things, I think Zonx is too. I know for me I just creng(sp) with each live update because SOE has been changing so much with the UI ( yes I'm a bit lazy ). I am not saying its bad, I like the changes they are making but let me play the game some lol
Well I'm done speaking my opinion on this atleast..

I will finish this addon update but it requires the plugin events be called the way they were designed.
Unread 02-05-2006, 03:15 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

/agree with Landiin

Talyns I certainly don't want to discourage you from giving input and made no objections at all to your script changes. You did design the plugin system and I'm sure have put more thought into how the code should execute

I'm probably overreacting to the size thing due to the numerious structure changes SOE keeps making for no good reason that breaks my script paths
Unread 02-05-2006, 06:09 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

That's why its extra important that we (uh... you guys, actually... what am I still doing here? ) are sure the structure isn't going to need any changes before finalizing it. At least until the next SOE breakage.
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Minimap issues

I've tried to download this minimap to my ui file ... log into game and the addon is not there. Would love to be able to have smaller map on my screen so hoping to get this to work. I have copied the files into the ui files ... etc ... no luv.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Unread 06-09-2006, 02:21 PM
A Griffon

Right now my minimap is NOT working, sorry. The EQMap project is going through some major internal changes. (which until recently were stalled on the runway). These changes are well worth the wait!

For now,
If you would like to use the talyn's minimap "ShrinkMap" feature you can download Zonx's FetishMaps which includes a working version of my mod..

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloa....php?s=&id=3650

When the changes finally go through, (which will be hopefully be sooner rather than later), I will fix up the mininmap plugin to work with the new changes.
Unread 11-06-2006, 05:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Seems to be bugged for me... Just installe dit with the EQ2MAP files, and the X button is not working to close the minimap, and the arrow showing where I am disapears when I switch to the minimap mode...
Unread 11-25-2006, 10:44 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default ?

MiniMap is working it's just that the player location arrow is not tracking correctly. Any ideas or plans on fixing this? Thanks!
Unread 11-26-2006, 04:14 PM
A Coastal Crab

Yes, i confirm this. The player arrow position is wrong.
Unread 12-09-2006, 12:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

Hi Talyns, Thanx for all your work on (imho) one of the majorly important mods in Eq2dom - at least it 'does' something, not just cosmetic changes

Anyhoo... do we have any update news this month pls?

I'm desperate to get this up and running again as it should be

No offence to Fetish - a fine fella I'm sure - but as I run the ProfitUI Reborn I've hit some issues there, and really just like the simplicity of your mod. *hopes that continued flattery will work *
Unread 12-09-2006, 12:18 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Since February, I've been using the "beta" minimap files Talyns posted in this thread, and I have had no trouble whatsoever. The minimap works just fine, and the character location arrow and PoIs are all right where they should be.

The only problem I've encountered is that sometimes, quest source/target indicators are located incorrectly, as if the game doesn't know which section of the map I'm actually viewing, even though everything else is displayed accurately. But that's a very minor issue that I have no problem living with.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 12-09-2006, 12:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
Since February, I've been using the "beta" minimap files Talyns posted in this thread, and I have had no trouble whatsoever. The minimap works just fine, and the character location arrow and PoIs are all right where they should be.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Thanx for that, I'll try those... beta? did you mean Fetish's one or am I missing a link?
For me the only issues that matter are that the minimap will show the character arrow in the correct location and centre on your correct position - I tend to go to full map to see POIs, or use the 'spoiler' mod.

Last edited by Bealdwine : 12-09-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Unread 12-09-2006, 03:51 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealdwine
Thanx for that, I'll try those... beta? did you mean Fetish's one or am I missing a link?
If you scroll back in this thread, you'll see that Talyns posted an updated set of minimap (and related) files back in February for testing. I downloaded the files and have been using them without a problem since, though so far as I'm aware, they were never "finished" and made available elsewhere.

Quote:
For me the only issues that matter are that the minimap will show the character arrow in the correct location and centre on your correct position - I tend to go to full map to see POIs, or use the 'spoiler' mod.
The minimap has never "centered" on your position; it shows either the middle of the map or one of the corners, depending on what you pick. Your position is displayed accurately, assuming you're on the part of the map being displayed.

-- Darryl