Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 04-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default Upgrade Finished

The upgrade to eq2interface.com has finished. If you find any site errors please let me know as I'm sure there are a few bugs lurking.

New Site Features:
  • New Layout – A new updated site design.
  • Comments – Receive email notification on newly posted comments on interfaces you are tracking comments on.
  • Ratings – Easier to use rating system
  • Portals – Interface Authors that have interfaces available for download in our database will be given access to create their own portal (your_username.eq2interface.com) so that their users can receive even more information about their interfaces . The portal includes bug tracking, feature tracking, news, custom pages, custom menu links all with rss feeds and a few other things.
  • Forum – Upgraded forum with new ajax features like in post editing and many other things.
  • RSS – Tons of rss feeds all over the site.
  • And more to come...

Last edited by Kudane : 04-13-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Unread 04-13-2007, 12:23 AM
aka Mook
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

I like the redesign.

For anyone looking for the New Posts link on the front page, it's on the left side with the Welcome Back message and your avatar.

(The "Recent Threads" link only brings threads in the last 24 hours, so if you're away for more than a day, it won't show all new posts.)

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 05-05-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Unread 04-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Also if you click the "recent threads" title on the front page. That will work too.
Unread 04-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Very nice update. Good work.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:15 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Great new look, thanks!
Unread 04-13-2007, 08:14 AM
A Berserk Golem

Thumbs Down New Interface

How lovely! My fav color has always been grey. It brings such joyful feelings when it pops up on my browser. As far as I'm concerned, color should be outlawed on websites as too creative and inviting.

Sacraed
Unread 04-13-2007, 08:36 AM
A Berserk Golem

Red face New interface- I'm very sorry

I'm an idiot....
You did such wonderful hard work and I insult it just because of the color. I apologize and I present my posterior to do with what you will.

Even tho I don't like grey (taupe, actually) the website is elegant in design. I have failing eyesite due to advancing diabetes and color helps me and others in my situation to quickly identify a menu or catagory. Subsequently, fonts are a big issue as well. Unfortunately for us, it's usually ppl with healthy eyesite that design the reading materiel that the rest of us have deal with.

Again, I apologize.

Sacraed
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:05 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Wow, looks really cool!

The Author Portal thing looks really nice too. I've just started to look at that. I know that before the preferred method for feedback was to create a thread for your mods in the "Released" forum but it looks like the portals have a lot more options for UI makers, especially the way you can organize feature requests and bug reports.

I can be:
http://othesus.eq2interface.com/
http://www.eq2interface.com/portal.php?&uid=33551
http://www.eq2interface.com/portal.php?&id=4

I don't know very much about vBulletin so I don't know how complicated it was to set those up.

Do the Admin Notes show up anywhere other than that one page?

I kind of breezed by the rules... about image sizes and things. Where's that page again?
Unread 04-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
Do the Admin Notes show up anywhere other than that one page?
No those are your own personal notes. Once I get the team features working users that you give access to your admin page in your portal will be able to see the notes too.

Quote:
I kind of breezed by the rules... about image sizes and things. Where's that page again?
Not at the moment but I will be adding a way very soon. Something I over looked. When I add it you will see a rules link in your admin area.
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
The Author Portal thing looks really nice too. I've just started to look at that. I know that before the preferred method for feedback was to create a thread for your mods in the "Released" forum but it looks like the portals have a lot more options for UI makers, especially the way you can organize feature requests and bug reports.
One thing that you may find is that even though you enable your portal, you may still want a thread as well. The portals are fantastic for Bug Reports and Feature Requests, for posting News and FAQs, but a number of authors on our other sites find they still like to have a thread as well for more "general" feedback and conversation about their mod(s). A good portal to look at (one of many, just the first link I snagged) is Cladhaire's. You can see a portal "in action" so to speak, how he has FAQ stuff set up, etc. There are a number of other authors that make extensive use of their portals on the WoW site as well. Other authors prefer not to use all of the functionality of it, restricting their usage to just the bug reports and feature requests. It really is like having your own site. You can have as much or as little as YOU want to have, without any of the attendant cost or maintenance that you would encounter with having a separate site of your own.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-13-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Unread 04-14-2007, 09:45 AM
A Brown Bear

Anyway to get the updated or not notice for our favorite UI's? In the past I would log in and just look and it would say 0 or 1 or X underneath the Favorites portion of the menu.
Unread 04-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikken View Post
Anyway to get the updated or not notice for our favorite UI's? In the past I would log in and just look and it would say 0 or 1 or X underneath the Favorites portion of the menu.
It should still do that. I know it already has for me...
Unread 04-14-2007, 03:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Dolby, beautiful job!

As always, the three of you run a wonderful site!
Unread 04-15-2007, 03:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
It should still do that. I know it already has for me...
Hi Dolby,

It may just be that ProfitUI has not yet updated anything since the new site...I will bug again after his next update if I am still lost

Thanks and well done!
Unread 04-19-2007, 07:54 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yeah Nikken, I'm slacking, haven't been here for a while.

Dolby, it appears that since the update (great work btw, very happy about it!) I cannot use multiple structuring tags anymore in download pages or anywhere on the portal (forums still work).

For example, I cannot place two {LIST}{/LIST} or two {INDENT}{/INDENT} tags in the same document, the second one will not be parsed (as can currently be seen on my download pages, and I encountered it again when setting up my portal).
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Dolby, it appears that since the update (great work btw, very happy about it!) I cannot use multiple structuring tags anymore in download pages or anywhere on the portal (forums still work).

For example, I cannot place two {LIST}{/LIST} or two {INDENT}{/INDENT} tags in the same document, the second one will not be parsed (as can currently be seen on my download pages, and I encountered it again when setting up my portal).
Wow, that was a weird bug. I found the issue however its going to take me a little bit of time to roll out the fix. Thanks for catching that! Its currently fixed on the fileinfo pages.