EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 08-04-2019, 03:25 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unkown
Question EQ2Map POI's won't update through your program

Before your latest update, when I would click "Check for new updates", there would almost always be a new POI for the maps. Now, the remaining items MIGHT update, if there is anything new. But there haven't been any new map POI's. I know there were some problems with the eq2maps updater, but I've read that those were resolved. Do I need to start using that, instead of your program, just to keep the map POI's updated? Or will there be a new update that might fix the issue?
Unread 08-04-2019, 11:45 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Everfrost

My eq2maps has updated through the DarqUI utility since the eq2maps updater issues were solved...
Unread 08-05-2019, 06:14 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

DarqUI uses the same EQ2MAP files as the official updater. Prior to last month's utility update, POIs from the \Default folder were synced with the custom UI folder each time you opened the utility. For players who also use EQ2MAP, this would result in duplicate icons on the map for default locations. You would get two icons for each travel bell, zone line, etc.

Version 3.1.2.0 no longer syncs the default POI files (eq2_poi.xml and eq2_poi_links.xml) if it detects that you also have EQ2MAP installed. To revert to the old behavior you can uncheck the box for "Copy default POI files into the custom UI folder unless EQ2MAP is installed" on the Settings page of the utility. Otherwise, map updates are succeeding again after the short downtime last month.

Unread 08-08-2019, 12:20 PM
A Berserk Golem

Thank you very much for the information. I actually went into the eq2maps section of your program, and updated that way. I did uncheck the settings, so I'll run the program tomorrow, and see if an update becomes available. Thank you for the information.
Unread 09-17-2019, 06:21 PM
A Berserk Golem

I don't know what is happening, but I've had to go into the eq2map section of your utility to check for map updates. I found that "eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml" is ignored. I removed it from the ignore list, but running the regular update ends up adding it back into the ignore list. And it still seems to require that I go into the eq2map section in order to update the maps. I'll have to check again tomorrow, but could I be doing something wrong?
Unread 09-17-2019, 07:23 PM
A Griffon

It looks like you're updating correctly. Checking for and downloading map updates is done from the EQ2MAP page of the utility. Alternatively you can check automatically each time you open the utility without visiting the page or clicking the button (see Settings for this option.) But map updates, like DarqUI updates, do not happen on their own. You must invoke them with the utility using one of these two ways.

DarqUI has a feature that allows you to use your Windows browser rather than the in-game browser to go to websites. One of those is the EQ2MAP website where you can submit points of interest to be added to the map database. To make this happen DarqUI modifies the add_poi window. So the default window has to be ignored, otherwise it would overwrite the custom window.

Unread 09-18-2019, 02:28 PM
A Berserk Golem

Ah, ok. Just seemed to be an unnecessary extra step, which was why I was asking. It's fine, I'm happy to continue to update by pushing "gasp" two buttons when I bring up your utility. I'm just being one of the many entitled and lazy people who couldn't write a basic utility to save their lives, much less the advanced compilation you have written. I've said it before, and it bears repeating. You are an awesome author, and I truly appreciate your efforts.
Unread 09-18-2019, 04:43 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluja000 View Post
Ah, ok. Just seemed to be an unnecessary extra step, which was why I was asking. It's fine, I'm happy to continue to update by pushing "gasp" two buttons when I bring up your utility. I'm just being one of the many entitled and lazy people who couldn't write a basic utility to save their lives, much less the advanced compilation you have written. I've said it before, and it bears repeating. You are an awesome author, and I truly appreciate your efforts.
In the DarqUI utility, go to Settings / Startup Actions / Update EQ2MAP to automate.
Unread 09-19-2019, 03:10 PM
A Berserk Golem

I appreciate the tip, but it's been that way for a while. I still have to manually check for updates, even with that setting active. Like I said, it's not a deal breaker, the utility is far too awesome for me to try a different one. Profit, which is the closest to Darq, still has various settings that aren't nearly as convenient as Darq's. So yeah, I'll be sticking with this one for as long as he's willing to keep it updated (hopefully until eq2 goes into twilight mode).
Unread 09-20-2019, 12:56 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluja000 View Post
I appreciate the tip, but it's been that way for a while. I still have to manually check for updates, even with that setting active. Like I said, it's not a deal breaker, the utility is far too awesome for me to try a different one. Profit, which is the closest to Darq, still has various settings that aren't nearly as convenient as Darq's. So yeah, I'll be sticking with this one for as long as he's willing to keep it updated (hopefully until eq2 goes into twilight mode).
Glad to hear you are sticking with Darq; sorry to hear that the auto-update is not working even with the correct setting!
Unread 09-21-2019, 06:50 AM
A Griffon

bluja000, what are you seeing on the EQ2MAP page after opening the utility? Give it about 10 seconds and you should see something like:

Checking map files... 1582 up to date, 0 changed, 0 missing, 1 ignored
Map update complete, syncing...
Ready

Unread 09-27-2019, 12:51 AM
A Berserk Golem

When I first start the utility, I go into the main update page, not the eq2maps update page. I might be too impatient to wait for everything to automatically update, I'm honestly not sure. I tend to just click the update utility button, without waiting for it to automatically update. Now, it used to update pretty rapidly after I started it up, but it doesn't update automatically before I click the button. And before, when it would automatically update, it would update the eq2map poi's as part of the main update, rather than me having to click on the eq2map section. But I understand why you have separated the two processes, so I'm fine with continuing to follow the steps I've been doing. Like I said earlier, the utility is way too useful for me to get huffy over pressing three buttons (the update button, the eq2map button, then the update button for that section, chuckles).
Unread 09-27-2019, 12:53 AM
A Berserk Golem

Oh, and Darq? I do see what you were asking, but this is when I click the update button in the eq2map section. I just click on the button, I don't wait to see if it automatically syncs after that 10 second pause.