EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 04-18-2021, 07:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Crash relating to house items

Edit: NOT HOUSE ACTORS. But I don't know how to change the thread title. THIS IS RELATED TO THE HOUSE ITEM BROKENSKULL WEAPON RACK.

Item link: \aITEM -448547749 155049186 0 0 0:[Brokenskull Weapon Rack]\/a

Item preview: Note, there are supposed to be more than two swords on this weapon rack. Something is missing from the preview. Previewing it did not cause a crash. Attempting to place it in the world caused an immediate crash.

I was ultimately able to catch on to this by checking the alerts and finding two warnings.

build="DGCBuild=16025L" version="DGCVersionString=2021/4/10 8:56:05" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="home_tutorial" loc=" -7.72 1.26 164.58" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp(17423): Mesh cooked/characters/accessories/weapons/swords/straight_bastard/scenes/straight_bastard.draw returned NULL VtxBuf. Active shader is shaders/characters/accessories/weapons/swords/twohandedgreatsword/blade.vdl."

build="DGCBuild=16025L" version="DGCVersionString=2021/4/10 8:56:05" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="home_tutorial" loc=" -7.72 1.26 164.58" performance="7" alert="G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp(17423): Mesh cooked/characters/accessories/weapons/swords/straight_bastard/scenes/straight_bastard.draw returned NULL VtxBuf. Active shader is shaders/characters/accessories/weapons/swords/straight_bastard/straight_guard_vik.vdl."

This crash does not occur with DarqUI disabled.

Original post: I was decorating my house and discovered a crash relating to DarqUI and two particular house actors of mine. It is not ALL house actors, only these particular ones, and it only happens if I have just logged in on the character. It does not happen when zoning in from another character, even with the actors in question coming onto the screen.

I narrowed this down following a crash and disabling darqUI.

Last edited by Darqwood : 04-25-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Changed thread title per OP
Unread 04-18-2021, 08:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Bumping this with an update to note the edits. This might explain a couple of completely random crashes I had the other day while questing that instantly closed the client, as it appears to be related to this greatsword model. Must have been a player that ran by using this model as their weapon.

I posted a picture of a preview of the rack above. Below I've included a picture of how the rack is supposed to look (note the missing sword)