EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 07-24-2020, 06:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Question Wikia Browser

Not sure this is the right place for this question, but I haven't seen the issue elsewhere.

The primary browser options that automatically appear at the end of quest helpers include wikia,(eq2 fandom) which, is also my favorite site.
However, I can't get it to work properlly... I get a blank white screen.

Is there a known issue, fix, or workaround that can help me make it work? I am new with Darqui, and I really love it, except for this problem.
Unread 07-25-2020, 11:49 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Everfrost

The in-game browser is old, outdated, and does not work. From what I've heard, there are no plans to update it on Darkpaw's part.

DarqUI Notifications has a way to open those links in your out-of-game browser. I haven't used it much myself.
Unread 07-25-2020, 03:06 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

URL Helper

If you want to try it out, download this file but only use the darqui_notify app. There is also a utility included, but it's not required.

Edit: link redirected to DarqUI Unified download page; a newer version exists

Last edited by Darqwood : 03-20-2021 at 07:19 AM.
Unread 07-25-2020, 07:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I use Overwolf it has a browser you can use in game
Unread 04-03-2021, 03:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi there.
So, I use Profit UI CE and did not have the issue with the #2 displayed on the hotbars like some users did with Profit and other UI's on March 30. But now after Darkpaw reverted / fixed whatever they did to cause that, the link to ZAM website no longer works, i.e. i get a blank page, whereas it did work fine before March 30. The Wikia link NEVER worked for me in Profit (again, blank page), and now the only one that displays a page is EQ2U, well that and Google. Google is pretty much useless, and EQ2U just basically states the same thing as the quest in game, not like the pages on ZAM at all.

As a side note, i've had cataract surgery on both eyes, and the text in the browser is really difficult to read. i can put my face closer to the monitor and put on reading glasses, but the glasses just make the game blurry. For the most part the game is fine without glasses, barring some text in certain game windows.

Any way to get ZAM working again in Profit if possible, please! Or maybe use a different browser add on?

Thanks!
Unread 04-04-2021, 09:33 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Last summer ZAM for EQII was moved (basically dumped) to fanbyte.com, and I don't remember being able to surf to it in-game since then. You could set up a hotkey to open the site in your Windows browser like this:

/browserexternal https://eq2.zam.com

but that's not much better than just Alt-Tabbing over to the browser and using a bookmark. A different internal browser add-on is going to be something that only the developers can do, but I think they may be happy with the current awesomium situation. It's old and broken enough that modern-day attack vectors present minimal risk to the game.