EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 05-24-2021, 07:18 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown
Default New to Darq, have a few questions/issues

First of all, thank you for making this mod, it is really nice !

1. When I log in I always have an extra floating chat tab, even if I add it to the rest of the tabs, when I log back in again, another tab shows up.

2. The maintained spells monitor, indicates I have the "lite" version, but I don't know how to change from "lite" to use the rest of the features of the maintained spells monitor.

3. Is there a way to adjust the XP bar layout. Currently, from the left to right it is, EQ2 button, other buttons, XP bar, stats. I was wondering if I could move the order around in a horizontal direction, like XP bar, stats, eq2 button.

Thank you
Unread 05-24-2021, 08:46 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thank you Eeshen, glad you're enjoying the UI.

1. You can use the DarqUI utility to copy just the chat windows from another character. Log out of the affected character, then load up his Chat page in the utility. Choose a character with "good" chat windows from the dropdown (see pic) and then click Replace. Another option is to double-click the ghost chat window in the sample (see pic) to make it stop appearing. One of these two actions will almost always get rid of an offending chat window. If it's still there after trying these fixes, post again and I can give you one more detailed option.

2. To use the standard spell monitor, check for updates with the utility then scroll down to Maintained Spell Monitor. Click the gear icon on that line and choose Standard. Then click the Update button to replace the lite version. I'll caution you that many players experience a periodic hiccup when using the standard version. Try using it, and if your gameplay is no longer smooth you can go back and re-download the lite version.

3. You can optionally undock the nav bar next to the EQII button and use the floating nav bar instead, but otherwise there is no setting to rearrange the order of sections from left to right. If you want the marketplace and EQII buttons reversed, the XP bar file can be edited easily to do that. But the Start menu looks for the left edge of the XP window when it opens, so without any more modifications it will still pop up over on the left even though the button is on the right.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	remove-chat-window.png
Views:	889
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	9336  
Unread 05-31-2021, 06:57 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown

Darqwood, ty for your reply.

1. I dont understand where you are getting these options. I open the Darqui Unified Utility and don't see the window you posted below.

2. Thanks for the spell monitor guidance. I have that fixed.

3. Looks like I will just keep it the way it is. One note though, the little buttons that can be changed, after changing them, they reverted back after I logged in the next time. Any thoughts on that?
Unread 06-01-2021, 08:06 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If you're not seeing the components setup page then you probably need to click the gear icon in the upper left. When you first set up DarqUI, the mode button flashes blue and you get an instructive tooltip that keeps coming back until you click "Got it." Here's a screenshot:

Each setting that you change on the command bar should be followed by a small window with an OK button that you need to click -- once for each icon change. If you log out to Character Select and then log right back in on the same character, your changes from this session will get wiped out. To avoid this, log over to any other character when you are done configuring.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	startup-tooltip.png
Views:	823
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	9338