A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to Talyns
Default Bugged Progress Bars.. I think

My progress bars styles are defined like this:

Code:
<ProgressbarStyle Background=" " Bar.Background="progress.full" Bar.BackgroundEmpty="progress.empty" Name="progress"/>
<Namespace Name="progress">
<ImageStyle Name="full">
<ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/t_gauges.tga" SourceRect="0,86,120,94"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="empty">
<ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/t_gauges.tga" SourceRect="0,78,120,86"/>
</ImageStyle>
</Namespace>
My bar.backgroundempty image is the same as the bar.background except in a darker shade of grey..

The way, I believe, it's suposed to, and used to work was the client would draw and correctly hue the Bar.BackgroundEmpty always 100% full.. Then draw and hue the Bar.Background at the correct fullness for numbers it's repersenting..

Since LU#8:
The client draws Bar.Background at 100% full and the minute the bar start emptying it switches to the Bar.BackgroundEmpty image and starts emptying showing whats behind it.. In my case it turns my bars real dark and hard to read with a transparent background showing whats under it.. (WC_Backdrop or letterbox black space)

I'm hoping this was not intended and is a bug?
Unread 05-05-2005, 01:11 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

I kinda expected some problem like this might come up at some point, so I implemented empty bars as static images with progbars overlaid. Almost every prog bar from SOE uses the same method.
Unread 05-05-2005, 01:44 AM
A Griffon

Even if I had grey static bars under my progress bars; LU8 would have still killed my PBs..

They turn real dark the minute it goes from 100 to 99.9%.. They still would be barely legible.. It empties Bar.Background 100% in that .1% then starts emptying the Bar.BackgroundEmpty (Which I believe is supposed to be static but hued)

I will do a quick fix for my UI that makes them have dark grey backgrounds and the correct brightness foreground bar. But, I loved the way the whole bar changed color (empty part and fullpart) as the percentage dropped.. I can probably simulate that behaviour but don't want to.. I think (hope) it's a bug!
Unread 05-05-2005, 11:07 PM
A Griffon

Removing Bar.BackgroundEmpty="progress.empty" from my styles made the Bar.Background empty correctly.. However now my gauges are now transparent when empty.. I'm still hoping for confirmation that this is a bug and will be fixed..

I think I will bug it ingame and hope they give it a higher priority than /loadui so it's fixed sometime before the next 8 live updates or six/seven months!! (Throw an intern on it or something)
Sorry for the little rant

Last edited by Talyns : 05-05-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Unread 05-12-2005, 03:11 AM
A Griffon

DC_Roenfanz pointed out the easy fix was to set the DynamicData of a seperate health bar to ProgressBar with the darker image and filter out the the Progress percent with a DynamicFilterData="FFBF" to simulate color changing background bars..

I'm doing it slight differently by using an Image object instead of ProgressBar.. And just setting the DynamicData.. I had already put them in..

I'd rather deal with one object instead of two.. But, ohwell

And, from what I've read here, I do not believe this will work in the group window because the dynamic data isn't pushed yet..

Last edited by Talyns : 05-12-2005 at 03:15 AM.
Unread 05-12-2005, 05:11 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to dc_roenfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
DC_Roenfanz pointed out the easy fix was to set the DynamicData of a seperate health bar to ProgressBar with the darker image and filter out the the Progress percent with a DynamicFilterData="FFBF" to simulate color changing background bars..

I'm doing it slight differently by using an Image object instead of ProgressBar.. And just setting the DynamicData.. I had already put them in..

I'd rather deal with one object instead of two.. But, ohwell

And, from what I've read here, I do not believe this will work in the group window because the dynamic data isn't pushed yet..
Well, you slightly misunderstood me. I didnt mean to use two progressbars. No matter though. What I meant to say is what you are actually doing. Technicalities merely. Glad I could help. And yes, I don't think this will work for group data.