EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Well, I forgot to mention that my group window still uses that functionality as well. For various reasons(AA spec), I am often the only player in my group not incapacitated. For that reason, I must cure the rest of my group of a specific effect or they will be unable to cast anything. Because of my AA spec, I can ignore one of the effects on myself and cure the others. If I have the no-target effect on myself, attempting to cure another group member will by mistake cure me. IE, it tries to switch to the group member before casting cure but ends up curing me.

I only mention this because I do indeed normally rely on a keyboard cure key which will in effect cure myself. But with the group window doing it also, I don't have to sit there and wonder why my mouse clicking is casting absolutely nothing(with useabilityonplayer). I just have to click twice(with useability).

Given what I describe, I suppose it's surprising that I never ran into your queuing problem... except I have a habit of not casting another spell until the recovery period because my cure hotkeys will cancel casting normally and not queue at all.
Unread 09-15-2008, 03:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Ah ok. Gotcha.
Unread 09-15-2008, 05:39 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks for the info on that encounter aditu, I guess I'll keep my useability code as well then (on the player window). Also I never knew that changing targets now clears the queue, unless I'm completely mistaken that used to be different.

PS: Off topic, but useabilityonplayer also has the problem of not working with character names containing non-ASCII (just like all UI scripting). The default UI's voice chat icons in group/raid window have the same issue btw.
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:43 PM
A Griffon

Hmm, I swear that changing targets while a spell was queued was like that since I started playing. The easiest way to see this is not by using two spells, but trying to cast the same spell twice. If it has a long recast, like ten seconds, it's super easy to see that changing targets after the first cast will cancel the queue. Even if it's a group spell that doesn't require a target to begin with.

About the non-basic characters thing... that might explain why one of my "international" users is having trouble getting my raid mod to work. I tried giving him the XML escape code for the character the spell had, but it didn't work for him. It's accepted that there's no workaround? Even though simple things like &apos; work?
Unread 09-15-2008, 11:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Tested out useabilityonplayer, and it too un-queue's a spell when changing targets.

I think that's kinda lame, TBH, but not game breaking...

You could technically cause a loop between two objects to keep trying to cast a spell until it shows up as currently casting, but I dunno if that would cause lag or not, lol. Plus it would be dangerous if you decide to not want to cast that spell after pressing the button. Unless you have ESC set to cancel spell casting, or you move... lol, still a bad idea. I dunno how smart you'd be able to get with it either.

Do a smart queue? Set a variable to currently casting spell, wait for that variable to be different (as in not casting) and then issue the spell cast. That's like true queue'd casting with no clearing.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 09-15-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Unread 09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
A Griffon

You can check to see if a spell was canceled by the user by checking the progress bar of the casting window to see if it was close to 1.000 or not when it was hidden... but how would you check through the UI to see if something was queued? To be a smart queue, you'd have to keep the spell queued even when the queue gets cleared. Since you cannot see if something is queued, that part sort of fails because queuing the same spell while one is queued will also clear the queue. Or do you mean to not queue it in the normal sense but have an auto cast once the previous spell has completed casting(when the casting bar is hidden)?
Unread 09-16-2008, 01:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I meant the latter. To let the UI auto cast once the previous spell has completed casting. And to not get spiffy. Just do the normal spell cast when the previous spell casting is done.

again, it could lead to unwanted results I think if you really change your mind that you don't want to cast a cure next. but that seems like it would only be in extreme situations.