Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-11-2008, 01:53 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Accept Drumstix as your hero and you will be enlightened. You will need to use that code or come up with something better. The beauty of my code - if I may say so - is that you do not even need to change it if you want to use a progress bar. You can pretty much exchange the text object with a progress bar object of the same name and it should work out of the box.

Haven't done that yet but will eventuallly.
I want a progress bar that doesn't resize vertically or horizontally (seems easy to do). I also wanted to see how it would look with the text. I looked at your hotkeys and I saw an abundance of ... and I took a look at the code and it baffled me. A 9 min reuse spell came out something like "4..." which was pretty weird.

I didn't spend to much time, but tomorrow when school is out I will check it out a bit more.

I also wanted something like how the internal health code works where when you hit a certain % and the color changes to from green to yellow to orange to red (or whatever). That would kind of help you know what's going on and how close the spell is to recover.

EDIT: What's the significant difference between drum's code and yours?
Unread 04-11-2008, 02:08 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The 4.... happens when a text object is too small to display all the text. Either you have really small hotkeys or an abundance of long recast timers, otherwise you should not see much of that with my hotkeys.

And I'm not talking about Drumstix code (I was not even aware he released a hotbar with timers), I was thinking about the fact that my code uses the to decimal to integer conversion method discovered by Drum - I thought that's what might have made the code confusing to look at.
Unread 04-11-2008, 03:55 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Accept Drumstix as your hero and you will be enlightened.
lol

...and I haven't made any hotbars with timers. Only hotbar mod I had was a long time ago, before they made the text change automatically if you sized them smaller.
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

A couple questions. gm9 what is TMP1? And is there any easy way of making the progressbar resize and work like the text with a vertical minimum size of 2-4?

Oh and here are the files I made from gm9's hotkeys.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (14.5 KB, 353 views)
File Type: dds otherwidgets.dds (256.1 KB, 340 views)
Unread 04-12-2008, 09:05 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

TMP1 is just a dummy variable used for calculation. Just replace the text with the progress bar and you should be good to go really. My code is already doing the resizing.
Unread 10-24-2008, 04:49 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Ok, well I have the image overlay progressbar working completely on my end. It's kinda sexy, too.

However....
I noticed something in the UIBuilder when working on this and was hoping it wouldn't happen in-game, but it did. Progressbars with a low number (ie: 0.005) seem to round down?
In a nutshell, spells with longer recasts will display the progress bar as being depleted earlier than they should, and thus upsets the whole image overlay.

The depleting red bar will switch to a green bar before it should. I tried it on a 4 minute and 33 second recast spell (273 seconds) and the greenbar showed up 8 second too early. That's 0.029 technically, or 2.9% of the time too early. An hour long recast would then show up over a minute too soon. This is not good.

So.... kinda stuck here.

The good news? You can have a 2 pixel high bar "ABOVE" the hotbar numbers without covering them. Text doesn't sit quite so close to the top. Can probably even go to 3, but 4 would be pushing it. You could probably also put it at the bottom without fear of covering the "item charge" numbers.

Notes.... with an always visible filter (dynamicdatafilter: FFFE) the bar stays visible, but this also results in the bar showing for icons that are blank, and maintained buffs, however this isn't too bad. I just tied the bars to the Titlebar being visible, and I keep most of my "maintained" and other icons on the same hotbars.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 10-24-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Unread 10-24-2008, 08:24 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I forwarded your report to Zoltaroth, he's the one with whom I discussed the implementation of this back in April and who created the entire DD. I'm however assuming that with the upcoming expansion it might take a while until he has breathing space for this.
Unread 11-14-2008, 02:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Breathing space yet?
I'd really like to see this working and completed!
Unread 11-14-2008, 03:43 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Got no response yet.
Unread 04-03-2009, 04:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Glad to see the bars staying red until spells are usable as of GU#51