Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 06-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default Living Legacy program

Living Legacy, announced today, is a brand-new initiative aimed at the millions of players who have experienced the vast, engaging online worlds of EverQuest ® (EQ) and EverQuest® II (EQII) since the original EQ game was launched in 1999. The celebration starts today and continues through the end of September. As part of the promotion, both EQ and EQII subscribers with inactive accounts who left in good standing will be able to log back in to the games and play for free until the end of July.

While the Living Legacy program is aimed at former EQ and EQII players, the program also offers a perfect way for new players to experience the world of Norrath. Nostalgic NPCs and group PvE encounters, as well as brand new raid content, will commemorate EQ’s hardcore heritage. The program features bonus XP weekends, several live events, new content updates and the introduction of new zones all taking place in EQII. Returning EQII players will also be able to experience Rise of Kunark, EQII’s fourth expansion, which just became the game’s best-selling expansion of all time.

Key features of the Living Legacy program include:
  • All qualified returning EQ players will receive the EverQuest Secrets of Faydwer all-in-one compilation and bonus in-game items at no additional cost.
  • All qualified returning EQII players will receive the EverQuest II Rise of Kunark all-in-one compilation and bonus in-game items at no additional cost.
  • All software provided during the promotional period will be credited to any EQ or EQII account that is converted to a valid, paying monthly subscription.
  • Current EQII players who recruit a friend to play the game who converts to a valid subscription will receive free gameplay-time added upon conclusion of their then-current subscription.

In the spirit of honoring the players, the Living Legacy program is supported by an online and print advertising campaign that features real EQ and EQII players.

More info: www.eqlivinglegacy.com

Last edited by Dolby : 06-02-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Unread 06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Wow, did AOL/TimeWarner buy SOE? This sounds like an AOL free disk in the mail promotion.

I could not determine from this post if there is any benefit being extended to CURRENT subscribers in good standing. But hey, you don't need to create incentive to bring back those folks that never left.

I feel sorry for current subscribers trying to start new toons in the noob zones. They are already almost unplayable with lag and idiot farmers running around, now you get to contend with people asking where the bathrooms are and how do I do this or that, and oh can I have 5G, I need...
Unread 06-02-2008, 11:02 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I couldn't be more happy. The past 2 weeks I've been missing out on playing from my subscription being inactive and me really needing to save money. And here now I can log in for the next... ~60 days for free.

Amazing. Thank you SOE. I can now work on some of my UI modifications, which always makes me a happy camper. This is how EQ2 got me back into the game originally... free month of play.

Well played.
Unread 06-09-2008, 10:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

so wait wtf does it mean by "good standing"?
just kinda wondering, but that is awsome ill get to play my old toon!
woot!
Unread 06-09-2008, 01:26 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamoth View Post
so wait wtf does it mean by "good standing"?
means your account must not be banned
Unread 06-14-2008, 08:26 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Unhappy

the only bad thing about this is for "returning and new" players they get the RoK expansion for free, they get in-game items, and a bunch of other things... where as people who have accounts that play and pay every month get....

NOTHING!! We get the live events and the bonus XP but we had to pay for the expansion and get nothing in-game.. I love SOE but they kinda dropped the ball for the people who pay every month...

what about us SOE? What about us.....

how about the "new" unreleased expansion that is due in fall of this year for free? or a mount or something like that... I have a bunch of people in my guild that are thinking about canceling their account to get some of the free stuff, or even quitting the game in general because they got ripped off on this living legends promotion.
Unread 06-15-2008, 05:31 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Wrong way to look at it. Existing players hopefully get more people on the servers and thus a more profitable game and thus more resources that go into it. Also I think I saw that they stated that luring in previous players is just the first step, something for present players might come up later.
Unread 06-15-2008, 01:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Aye. Players make the game. Plus, I'm liking that inviting new people to the game come July will give you a free month of game play for each new account that continues to play as a subscription. That's a great idea.