EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 03-07-2005, 11:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Trying to edit my own custom UI's, but nothing enables...

Thank you in advance, oh and thank you for this wonderful site! I hope to continue to visit here. I did some research and couldn't find a solution so I apologize in advance for spouting off a problem right away .

What I did was create a folder just as suggested in the UI directory called mapedit.

I then simply copied everything in the Default directory into the mapedit directory, that way I was sure I didn't miss a critical file.

Then I opened the editor and opened eq2ui.xml within the mapedit directory, chose the mainHUD and began to edit some of the windows. The first one I started on was the money change window (quantityselector).

I saved it, made the appropriate changes to the eq2.ini file (and yes the extension is proper and I also switched the two lines), and it didn't change it when I ran the game. Nothing changed. It must still be using the original set of files as something should have changed because I went back into the editor to verify that I actually did change something .

Basically what I tried doing was start simple by changing the numbers of the start amount in the quantityselector, including the min and max, that's it.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
Unread 03-07-2005, 11:58 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Basically what I tried doing was start simple by changing the numbers of the start amount in the quantityselector, including the min and max, that's it.
The game "pushes" data to those objects, making it look like nothing was changed. For instance, if you shift-click a stack of 16, it'll push the number 1 to the minimum and 16 to the max, regardless of what you do in the editor.

Might want to change the Color on the slider bar to #00FF00 or something else easily noticeable to verify that the directory and such are set up correctly, but I'm pretty sure you can't change what you're trying to.

Edit: Also, it's generally a good idea to only copy eq2ui.xml to decrease the chance that your modding folder will break with a patch.

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 03-08-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:12 AM
A Brown Bear

It worked!

Thank you. I was afraid that I wasn't doing something for some reason. I wonder why they have min and max values when it's not going to matter anyway.
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Hello Berek Halfhand, welcome to EQ2interface. Please take note of our developer forums further down the main forum page. I have moved your post from the help!?! to the correct forum.

Thanks.
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:17 AM
A Brown Bear

k, Thank you Dolby and thank you for the warm welcome .
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:42 AM
aka Mook

They need the placeholder objects there to push the data too. You can move them around and stuff, just the data within them gets overwritten.
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:45 AM
A Brown Bear

This is very odd. I'm editing that quantity selector again and while some things change, the simple name of "Select Quantity" refuses to change. Is that another proper that is being "pushed" through? It's rather frustrating as I can't tell what I can and cannot change, even though their are options for everything .

There is no way to override this, to select a predefined quantity, or at least an upper limit absolute?

Or perhaps, what about creating a custom button that forces a certain sell quantity, is that possible, no matter what the quantity, or at least forces an upper limit somehow?

Last edited by Berek Halfhand : 03-08-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:06 AM
aka Mook

Title: You can get around that by hiding that object, making a copy with a different name, and have the copy display the text you want.

There's no way to tell in the UIbuilder whether an object has data pushed to it or not. It's a trial and error thing. But in general, anything that's named WC_**** or looks like a window title probably has data pushed to it.

It's probably possible to predefine an upper limit via a script.

Add the following OnHoverIn property to the QuantitySelector window:

Slider.UpperLimit=(100.00) Max.LocalText=(100.00)

Replace 100.00 with whatever you want, but I recommend leaving the .00 in, because the script functions can also do commands, and it might mistake Property=1 with /1 and give a message about how to use /tellchannel.
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:22 AM
A Brown Bear

It actuallly changed the max character to the designated number, but that was all. The slider still went to whatever the maximum of the stack was regardless, and so did entering anything into the input box as well.

Maybe I have to create a totally new button? That just seems like I'm doing it the long way. All I want is to define how much I want to sell in one click, lol.
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:35 AM
aka Mook

Okay, here we go.

Give the page a new property called QuickAmount and set it to the number you want to set... yeah.

Change the OnHoverIn script to:

Current.Localtext=(QuickAmount) Slider.Value=(QuickAmount)

And enjoy.

I'm sorry that your first foray into UI modding was something that needed a script.
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:41 PM
A Brown Bear

It worked! Thank you kindly. This is really a neat way to edit your game and I enjoy making scripts for you guys, once I get the hang of this .

One last thing for this specific mod, would it be possible to create specific buttons for say three or four different quantities?

What we did here was when pressed the select quantity button it came up with the slider, and there is where the number was determined by our code, however, it would be even cooler if there were just three or four simple one click buttons that you could click for different amounts and it would automatically sell that amount if the stack allowed it.

It seems to me this code would work for that, although I'm just now trying to figure out how to maybe implement it. If you have an idea for this it would be great.

Last edited by Berek Halfhand : 03-08-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Unread 03-08-2005, 05:08 PM
aka Mook

Yup, that's doable too. Give each button the following OnPress script:

Parent.Current.Localtext=(Text) Parent.Slider.Value=(Text)

Then set each button's Text to the number you wish to set the stack to.

Unfortunately you still have to click Accept, we can't make it do that automatically... yet.
Unread 03-09-2005, 01:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Gack, I thought I had it but it's acting all weird.

What I did was I removed the commands from the previous script and started fresh.

I then duplicated the button over twice and went with three different numbers. This is where it gets weird.

I added the command like you suggested and then changed the text line on each button to a different number... 20, 30, 40.

When I logged into the game the original button displayed 20, the middle was 30, and the last was now the original button! It was now displaying the stuff you said it pulled through the server, I clicked on it and it set the bar as 1 because I removed the previous code, so it still didn't do 40.

The other two buttons didn't work at all. They clicked but nothing happened.

Should I perhaps be creating these three buttons totally fresh and new somehow? I wonder how I will get it to pull up the slider and have it enter the properties then.
Unread 03-09-2005, 01:22 AM
aka Mook

Hmm... I can't figure it out from your description. If you will attach the file your working with (eq2ui_mainhud_quantityselector.xml), I'll take a look at it and see what's up.
Unread 03-09-2005, 01:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Well, I was working with the quantity selector originally and that worked with the code you gave me, before I wanted to do all this multi button stuff .

But for the seperate buttons I found those in the Inventory/Merchant section under the title: CommandBuySellOtherNumber. I copied this button because it already had quantity code. The other two buttons I could choose to copy were buy/sell 1 and buy/sell all, neither of which I want obviously.

The way I want it I will have 3 customized buttons right at the merchant window with predefined quantities. What should happen is I click on one and whichever one I click on it brings up the quantityselector window with the specified quantity in the text box. I click accept and boom, it accepts. Of course clicking and it automatically buying or selling the specified amount without a confirmation would be great too.

I will attempt to attach both the file you asked for as well as the merchant file.

Thank you again.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_merchant.xml (14.2 KB, 685 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_quantityselector.xml (3.1 KB, 634 views)
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:00 AM
aka Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berek Halfhand
The way I want it I will have 3 customized buttons right at the merchant window with predefined quantities.
Unfortunately, this is not possible. Unless the two windows are in the same module (both in MainHUD or both in Inventory), you can't send any info between them. All you can do is cause them to show or hide.

Those buttons need to placed within the QuantitySelect window.
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:13 AM
A Brown Bear

That's fine, that'll work if we can make that happen. I'm pretty much starting off my first mod here by making it nicer and more fluent to sell and buy items. I want some flexibility in how much I sell and buy in quantities. I hate having to mess with the slider so often .

Let's say I can click on the quantity button at the merchant window, up comes the quantity selector with 3 quantity buttons, I click on one and then accept... something like that perhaps.

It's not possible to have seperate and unique quantitywindows as well? Then I can see the three buttons working, because they call to each quantity window of their own.

Let's also take this to the next level just for fun, lol. What are the possibilities of defining a button that sets a limit below the maximum? Of course we're assuming throughout this that we're dealing with stacks. Say whatever the stack may be, 99, 66, 33, I want to buy/sell 1 or 5 or 50 or whatever less than that stacks maximum. Possible?

Last edited by Berek Halfhand : 03-09-2005 at 02:25 AM.
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:03 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berek Halfhand
That's fine, that'll work if we can make that happen. I'm pretty much starting off my first mod here by making it nicer and more fluent to sell and buy items. I want some flexibility in how much I sell and buy in quantities. I hate having to mess with the slider so often .

Let's say I can click on the quantity button at the merchant window, up comes the quantity selector with 3 quantity buttons, I click on one and then accept... something like that perhaps.

It's not possible to have seperate and unique quantitywindows as well? Then I can see the three buttons working, because they call to each quantity window of their own.

Let's also take this to the next level just for fun, lol. What are the possibilities of defining a button that sets a limit below the maximum? Of course we're assuming throughout this that we're dealing with stacks. Say whatever the stack may be, 99, 66, 33, I want to buy/sell 1 or 5 or 50 or whatever less than that stacks maximum. Possible?
you should be able to get the text for the maximum value and then subtract/divide or whatever else you want to to diwth it and then set that to a variable and set the text and # for one of the buttons to that variable. too tired to post the code right now but it should be possible.
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:41 PM
A Brown Bear

k, I'm currently working on trying to figure all that out but its going slow. If you happen today to know a quick way it would be great. I'll keep plugging away here in the mean time. Btw, I love your signature link .
Unread 03-10-2005, 12:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Gar, its not working out. Everytime I think I have something it just overrides it. I must be missing one of those special text insertion points you were scripting.
Unread 03-10-2005, 01:02 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

following along this same line of thinking.. would it be possible to change the LFG window so that the level range in the default boxes is within your own current level range?

for example, if i'm 40, i want to look for ppl that are LFG that are in the range 37-43. it's a chore to always adjust the two level ranges from 1 & 1. I have noticed that clicking up the lower level range raises the max range too, but it sure would be nice to have the two ranges set a lot closer to the current player level, even if both are 40&40. I'll have to play with this some tonight.
Unread 03-12-2005, 04:01 AM
aka Mook

Unfortunately, it is my sad duty to report that the "Max minus X" button isn't going to work.

The reason is that when you do math, the game automatically adds 3 decimal places, so 100-10=90.000. And unfortunately, a Sliderbar's Value property won't take those decimal places, even if they're all 0. And the sliderbar, not the text field, controls the amount.

In case you couldn't get the fixed buttons working, here's a working version with 7 preset buttons. Just alter the LocalText values to change the amounts they set.

Wyynd: I suspect the LFG window will have the a similar issue, but I'll check.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_quantityselector.xml (4.2 KB, 684 views)
Unread 03-12-2005, 04:17 AM
aka Mook

Actually, the level range in the player search window works.

Attached example

Changes:

Added SelfLevel text object with dynamicdata /GameData.Self.Level. Placed in Community.Community.page Tabs.page Finder.pageSearch.pageLevel. Gave object LocalTooltip of 5. Change this value to change level range search.

Added following OnEnable script to Community.Community.page Tabs.page Finder.pageSearch.pageLevel:

textLevelFrom.LocalText=((SelfLevel.Localtext)-(SelfLevel.LocalTooltip))
textLevelTo.LocalText=((SelfLevel.Localtext)+(SelfLevel.LocalTooltip))
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_community.xml (27.4 KB, 636 views)