Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 02-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default GU 43 on Test - G15 Support!

The test server was updated today with that looks like Game Update 43. This update brings many changes but one that I know many of you have asked for on our forums. EverQuest II now has Logitech G15 Keyboard LCD support on the test server and its even customizable via the interface xml. With this news I have added a G15 LCD category to our download area.

You can read about the other changes on the test server here.

Last edited by Dolby : 02-26-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Unread 02-27-2008, 06:37 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Finally
Unread 02-27-2008, 04:46 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Grobb

Woot a dream comes true ! 1 touch and take a coffee break fights
Unread 02-28-2008, 11:41 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Venekor

I am so glad SOE has a higher priority to make a keyboard work then fixing the more important in game issues.
Unread 02-28-2008, 12:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathn2875 View Post
I am so glad SOE has a higher priority to make a keyboard work then fixing the more important in game issues.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-28-2008, 02:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathn2875 View Post
I won't be mean. But to be honest, if you take a couple seconds to think about it. A development team has different people who work on different parts of the game. It's comments like this that show one's true arrogance.

... can never make everyone happy though.
Unread 02-28-2008, 02:56 PM
A Weald Wolf

Actually its not arrogance, its how I feel. I mean I realize everyone is a paying customer. But I feel that the money I spend every month on the game should be going to things such as enhancing the game engine, improving the issues on the pvp servers, etc.

And your right they wont make everyone happy.
Unread 02-28-2008, 03:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Honestly you will probably not find a single dev post on the official forums without these types of "my issue is more important than yours" troll posts trailing them. They are annoying over there (and one reason I don't read those forums), but they certainly have no place here.

Just saying, let's keep this on topic please. To that extent:

I see many people being very happy about the G15 support, several guildies even want to buy that keyboard now. So well done Rothgar.

PS: Makes me think of the current panel of one of my favorite web comics: Intelligence Optional.

Last edited by gm9 : 02-28-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added PS
Unread 02-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Yes I agree the "my issue is more important than yours" posts are getting old. I am happy they spent time to get G15 support and I'm sure it didn't take a ton of development time. Heck wouldn't surprise me if they used some code from Vanguard for this.

Look at it as one feature now added out of the way so they can work on adding another that maybe you care about.

Last edited by Dolby : 02-28-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:24 PM
A Weald Wolf

Well i didnt mean it to come off as a my issue is better then yours..

Even more so since the keyboard is not a previous issue, its a new game enhancement
Unread 02-29-2008, 03:46 AM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

I actually didn't know that Vanguard had G15 support. I found out that SWG had it, and emailed one of their coders to ask how they implemented it. He sent me their code, and I saw that all they were doing was forcing down specific data with no customization. I always wanted this feature to be very customizable, so decided on the current implementation of using the UI files as a way of configuring the data.

What you'll notice when you start playing with the mods is that we're not actually drawing the data on the UI pages. We're just using the labels to indicate position and size of the text that should appear on the display. The progress bars work the same way. You place one on the page which basically tells us where to draw the progress bar on the LCD display. And of course we read the dynamic data from the controls to update the display as well.

The nice thing is that you can create as many pages as you want, and the keyboard will just toggle through all of them.

Using /show_window MainHUD.G15 is a great way to troubleshoot the data as well. And of course you can use /loadui while the game client is running to update the LCD display without having to restart the client.