EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 03-06-2006, 03:40 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Oasis

Thanks again for such a great interface! A few thoughts I had:
Would it be possible to have Tell and Invite on the Friends tab? Since they're the folks I most often tell and invite? Also, 'add to friends' on the search results window would be handy. Another idea, of which I'm far less certain of the feasibility and community interest, would be a new housing visit search window, with static buttons you could code (like your camp to char UI) for your most frequently visited homes. Oh, and the other thought, would it be possible for the recipe search text box to either force lose focus or go away as soon as you enter an active combine? I doubt that many folks type in queries in the middle of a combine, and I keep getting '645645312' in there on my second combine, as I frantically hit my hotkeys. Right now I just manually hunt down that textbox and remark it out of the UI entirely(glad my wife knows a bit of XML ), though it would be nice to use the search when I'm not combining.

Thanks!
Unread 03-10-2006, 02:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lavastorm

the timer: is it possible to add 2 macro lines too it? one when timer start and one when its almost at goal.. like 10 or 5 sec before... you should be able to select this also(you should be able to select what it should say and in which chat) becuase i need to time some aoes in raid... could be nice with auto message says... like /RA BACKOFF AE INC... or such

Last edited by swedishbanshee : 03-10-2006 at 03:05 AM.
Unread 03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Would love to add that option but alas, no it is not possible.

We are limited on what we can do.

Mahonri is the original author of the timer code and worked wonders to get what he did.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 03-11-2006, 12:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by effbiai
An addon that keep track on the value of the item after visits at the vendor. An example of this addon is made for WoW (World of Warcraft), called "SellValue" (http://idarlund.stud.hive.no/SellValue.jpg).

This is how it worked in practice:

After you had visited a vendor. The items you currently where in possession of and that where listed in the "Sell" sections where stored in a database. If you later on moved your mouse over the item, a window would pop up with the description of the item including the price that the vendor would give for it (if multiple vendors had different prices, the highest price where stored).

This is usefull for everyone that wish to sell their items at the market. Would then make it easier to sell it above vendor price, instead of overflowing the market with vendortrash.
Can't find an answere to this suggestion, does that mean it wont be maked? It's allready bin maked or do you still thinking about it?
Unread 03-11-2006, 05:05 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Still looking into parts of it.

Quote:
Can't find an answere to this suggestion, does that mean it wont be maked? It's allready bin maked or do you still thinking about it?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 03-12-2006, 04:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Still looking into parts of it.
O_o Really thankfull! Let me know if there is anything i can help you with.
Unread 03-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I personally don't see any way to do this with EQ2 unfortunately.
Imagine our options being closely related to a kid with a coloring book.
We can color the pages and even rip the pages out and rearrange and fold them.
But as far as adding features, we are very limited.

I'd recommend you post in the Request section and see if someone knows something I don't.

Quote:
An addon that keep track on the value of the item after visits at the vendor. An example of this addon is made for WoW (World of Warcraft), called "SellValue" (http://idarlund.stud.hive.no/SellValue.jpg).

This is how it worked in practice:

After you had visited a vendor. The items you currently where in possession of and that where listed in the "Sell" sections where stored in a database. If you later on moved your mouse over the item, a window would pop up with the description of the item including the price that the vendor would give for it (if multiple vendors had different prices, the highest price where stored).

This is usefull for everyone that wish to sell their items at the market. Would then make it easier to sell it above vendor price, instead of overflowing the market with vendortrash.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Same answer as my recent reply just before this.

Although:
I did resolve the tradeskill window by allowing you to hide the recipe window while crafting.
This removes the search window therefore resolving the issue with keypresses going to the search field rather that the intended hotbar.

Tell and invite on the friends window sounds great and should be submitted as feedback to SOE. The data in the window is unavailable to authors and we would need to access that data in order to add a command to a friend/data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsidianDragon
Thanks again for such a great interface! A few thoughts I had:
Would it be possible to have Tell and Invite on the Friends tab? Since they're the folks I most often tell and invite? Also, 'add to friends' on the search results window would be handy. Another idea, of which I'm far less certain of the feasibility and community interest, would be a new housing visit search window, with static buttons you could code (like your camp to char UI) for your most frequently visited homes. Oh, and the other thought, would it be possible for the recipe search text box to either force lose focus or go away as soon as you enter an active combine? I doubt that many folks type in queries in the middle of a combine, and I keep getting '645645312' in there on my second combine, as I frantically hit my hotkeys. Right now I just manually hunt down that textbox and remark it out of the UI entirely(glad my wife knows a bit of XML ), though it would be nice to use the search when I'm not combining.

Thanks!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-12-2006, 05:53 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Change it back!

For a while, the recipe list appeared in the lefthand pane of the crafting window. That was fine. Then it switched places with the selected recipe pane. That's not so fine. As it is, when the tooltip pops up, it nearly hides the important parts of the current recipe (such as components on hand). I'd really like to see that change back.

Same comment goes for the Hotbar tooltips. In spite of having it set to "smart" tooltips, the popup never fails to cover up about 1/4 of the 3 or 4 hotbars I have stacked. It's terribly annoying when you're in combat. Is it possible to put tooltips on a longer 'leash' ?

Last item: I don't know what happened, but I think I lost the entire InfoCenter. All I get in my Journal is the standard three tabs -- Active, Complete, and Collections. I've made very sure that I delete and refresh the ThorUI directory on a weekly basis, at the very least, so I don't know why things aren't working the same. I know I had it for a while. Then about the time of LU 18, it went away and I really miss it! If it's something I'm doing or not doing, please let me know.
Unread 03-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Turn your tool tips off...
That has nothing to do with the ThorUI

InfoCenter is in its own window since LU19...
Look on your startbutton, and click the InfoCenter book icon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeartree
For a while, the recipe list appeared in the lefthand pane of the crafting window. That was fine. Then it switched places with the selected recipe pane. That's not so fine. As it is, when the tooltip pops up, it nearly hides the important parts of the current recipe (such as components on hand). I'd really like to see that change back.

Same comment goes for the Hotbar tooltips. In spite of having it set to "smart" tooltips, the popup never fails to cover up about 1/4 of the 3 or 4 hotbars I have stacked. It's terribly annoying when you're in combat. Is it possible to put tooltips on a longer 'leash' ?

Last item: I don't know what happened, but I think I lost the entire InfoCenter. All I get in my Journal is the standard three tabs -- Active, Complete, and Collections. I've made very sure that I delete and refresh the ThorUI directory on a weekly basis, at the very least, so I don't know why things aren't working the same. I know I had it for a while. Then about the time of LU 18, it went away and I really miss it! If it's something I'm doing or not doing, please let me know.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-13-2006, 12:57 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default emotes

I'd like to see the emote screen show up in the chat screen. I like the way it's organized for easy access, but the screen is too large. Maybe something like Gradient chat?
Or how would I install that in the Thorui?
Unread 03-13-2006, 05:05 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrr80120
I'd like to see the emote screen show up in the chat screen. I like the way it's organized for easy access, but the screen is too large. Maybe something like Gradient chat?
Or how would I install that in the Thorui?
Uncheck whatever chat mod you are using (with tabs on top or on bottom). You might also want to uncheck the Enhanced Socials Window within the AU
Delete the Thorui folder
Download a new copy of the UI
Download/Unzip the files for the mod you want to use into the thorui folder
Play game..and viola!

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-13-2006, 10:25 AM
A Brown Bear

Red face A new idea...

Ok, I sure that this will not be a hard thing to do but I would like all the information to be displayed down the side of the screen and then chat along the bottom. Kind of like a Vista desktop. I would like more room to see everything on the screen and not it be cluttered from to much information. Possibly taking 1/8 of the screen to display this information. All of it can be moved around to suit the player.

Thanks!
Unread 03-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

This is a per user preference and is stored in what most refer to as the "window placments file" aka servername_username_uisettings.ini

Everyone is free to unlock all windows (Note: you can unlock all windows at once via the user interface section within the in game options) and then move items around however you would like.
Once you do this with one character, simple log in the next character and type "/load_uisettings" without the "quotes", then select the character you just setup.
This will load those exact settings over to your other character.
Rinse and repeat for all alts.

Hope this clarifies your issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottons
Ok, I sure that this will not be a hard thing to do but I would like all the information to be displayed down the side of the screen and then chat along the bottom. Kind of like a Vista desktop. I would like more room to see everything on the screen and not it be cluttered from to much information. Possibly taking 1/8 of the screen to display this information. All of it can be moved around to suit the player.

Thanks!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-25-2006, 01:02 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Standard ui

I've noticed alot of people comenting on how certain features of thorui AU aren't exactly what they were looking for (for example: the targeting features) but they love most of the features. I was thinking that having an option on the AutoUpdater's Advanced Settings in each catagory allowing for the Standard UI. This option would be able to essentially delete the individual .xml file that controls that option. Another nice option (i don't know if it's been mentioned) could be a custom UI option which would allow for thoruiAU's features to be available but also add custom pieces to it a seperate folder or just a costom button in advanced settings which stops updating on individual pieces or options.
Unread 03-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

It certainly could be, but would require me to update the "normal" files every time Sony updates them. If it were more than me doing the UI pieces I could see that being a viable option but as it stands now. I'm not to sure I would have that much more time to devote to this.

As it stands now, all that is required is for the user to "uncheck" an option then delete the thorui folder and re-launch the ThorUI AU. Most play with it a bit until they find what features they want then never mess with it again. At least that's what my experience has been.

Currently the ThorUI AU has a feature to "Do not update if local file is newer" This basically allows one to modify a window and not worry about the AU over writing it. For example the individual notes features.

Other individual UI pieces need only be dropped in the thorui directory to work in conjunction with the ThorUI.

I personally would like the following:
One auto updater to manage all UI customizations. "One ring to rule them all" comes to mind LOL
For example: I want the Fetish targeting and the thorui tradeskill features.
All could be managed in one central updater where all files could be maintained on the eq2interface server.
Individual authors could update their individual UI pieces and upload a picture and information on their UI mod. All available and viewable via the updater.
This would of course require a group to manage the AU and UI submissions but would make a one stop shop for all interface pieces from all authors.
The updater would also have the ability to remove deselected features if unchecked...
Perfect world permitting though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIo
I've noticed alot of people comenting on how certain features of thorui AU aren't exactly what they were looking for (for example: the targeting features) but they love most of the features. I was thinking that having an option on the AutoUpdater's Advanced Settings in each catagory allowing for the Standard UI. This option would be able to essentially delete the individual .xml file that controls that option. Another nice option (i don't know if it's been mentioned) could be a custom UI option which would allow for thoruiAU's features to be available but also add custom pieces to it a seperate folder or just a costom button in advanced settings which stops updating on individual pieces or options.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-28-2006, 11:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Acheievment Points

Is it not updated yet or is my updater configured wrong?
Unread 03-28-2006, 07:06 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar
Is it not updated yet or is my updater configured wrong?
/boggle

Try looking in the skills window (keyboard shortcut = L). There should be a tab for Achievements.

Unread 04-14-2006, 12:53 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default XP bar

Hey there, great UI mod you got going here! The only suggestion I have is the ability to toggle what type of XP bar is shown, i.e. adventure, tradeskill, AA, guild. The way it is currently, you have to resize the window and it will show all the bars. Seeing I'm at 70 now, I have no need to see my adventure bar but I would rather just have my AA xp bar up.
Unread 04-14-2006, 01:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Updated Heritage quest journal!

I would love to see an updated heritage quest journal for kos!
Unread 04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBP
Hey there, great UI mod you got going here! The only suggestion I have is the ability to toggle what type of XP bar is shown, i.e. adventure, tradeskill, AA, guild. The way it is currently, you have to resize the window and it will show all the bars. Seeing I'm at 70 now, I have no need to see my adventure bar but I would rather just have my AA xp bar up.
You are aware that you can use any mods found here (that aren't already included in the updater) in conjunction with ThorUI, aren't you? Just make sure you don't have any of the exp bars selected in the updater and throw the files for the desired exp bar into your thorui directory.

Unread 04-15-2006, 04:36 PM
A Weald Wolf

Lightbulb

Ok let me get this right, before I mess something else up.
Supose I don't like Thors recipie book, but I don't care for the default one either. I can search the downloads here in the pieces section, find one I like and then use it by extracting it to: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui?

Also If I have this right, in order to then use mrkitchenhelp's Recipie book I would then go into ThorAU and uncheck the recipie book option in there, load up the game and mrkitchenhelp's Recipie book is now my "default"

I just wanna make sure on all this so I can cut down on the "login/check ui, logout fix ui, log back in again" thing.
Unread 04-15-2006, 04:52 PM
A Griffon

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi357
Ok let me get this right, before I mess something else up.
Supose I don't like Thors recipie book, but I don't care for the default one either. I can search the downloads here in the pieces section, find one I like and then use it by extracting it to: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui?

Also If I have this right, in order to then use mrkitchenhelp's Recipie book I would then go into ThorAU and uncheck the recipie book option in there, load up the game and mrkitchenhelp's Recipie book is now my "default"

I just wanna make sure on all this so I can cut down on the "login/check ui, logout fix ui, log back in again" thing.
Correctomundo

Unread 04-16-2006, 10:39 AM
A Weald Wolf

Question I have a request/suggestion

First of all, I like your chat boxes with the shortcuts to socials and chats but it doesn't seem to work correctly. My chat box gets cut off at the top, and the scrollbar stays on the left along with the lil chat bubble and there are no tabs or shortcuts either over or under chat to access the socials or change chat type (like from group to guild etc) So I have gone back to the default chatbox for now.
The thing I don't like is that the scrollbar and chat bubble on the text line are on the left and I ususally have my chatbox all the way to the left of my screen (makes it a little hard to scroll up or change chats. So I was wondering if it would be possible to add in an option for chats to have the scrollbars "swapable" so that even in using the default chat, It could still be enhanced by picking the option to have "right side" scroll bars.
The 010.jpg is how it is now and 007.jpg is how I would like to have it.

Other than that the standard chat box is fine enough since I really don't use tabs, although adding in a shortcut for socials would clear up a hotkey<grin>

thank you for this great UI and all the wonderful options to it, it does help make things a bit more customizable and I can set it up differently for each character to fit my needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000007.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	4831  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000010.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	4832  
Unread 04-19-2006, 02:00 PM
A Berserk Golem

See this ugly green text? When this ugly green text shows up on the update window, which is white, it's almost invisible. PLEASE pick a darker color like navy or ANYTHING that shows up on white background better than this color.

Thanks
Badattitude
51 Guardian
Befallen