Unread 01-01-2006, 06:57 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

lvl next to xp bar and new quest rewards in journal
Unread 02-04-2006, 06:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default SellValue

An addon that keep track on the value of the item after visits at the vendor. An example of this addon is made for WoW (World of Warcraft), called "SellValue" (http://idarlund.stud.hive.no/SellValue.jpg).

This is how it worked in practice:

After you had visited a vendor. The items you currently where in possession of and that where listed in the "Sell" sections where stored in a database. If you later on moved your mouse over the item, a window would pop up with the description of the item including the price that the vendor would give for it (if multiple vendors had different prices, the highest price where stored).

This is usefull for everyone that wish to sell their items at the market. Would then make it easier to sell it above vendor price, instead of overflowing the market with vendortrash.

Last edited by effbiai : 02-05-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Unread 02-05-2006, 03:08 PM
A Grove Wisp

I was wondering if you can add this to your graphic pre-sets OR if there is a way that I can add it to my own graphic pre-sets manually. There are some zones I would like to be able to turn the graphics down a little bit but every time I do, I have to go in and change the following settings:

See ?'s and Nodes from further away

Quote:
Have a hard time spotting those glowy '?' spots? Can't see them until you're pretty much right up on them?

Well go into the game, click the EQII button, then options, then go to Particle Effects.
Put Particle Level of Detail Bias all the way to max
and put Maximum Particle Size all the way to max.. and there ya go! You should be able to spot those little '?' spots from alot further away!

Also... If you have trouble with seeing harvest nodes like the '?' spots... then....
Go to your options again, then Model Detail.
Turn Level of Detail Bias to High Res
and turn Maximum Triangle Density to High Res... and welp.. there ya go! You should now be able to see those ores, fungi, mobs and just everything from further away
Is this possible or am I doomed to always have to do it manually?
Unread 02-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

I have my custom preset graphic settings already setup for that.
The 3 dots just below the EQ2 button in game are setup for low, medium, and high graphics all with (see shineys from far away setup)

Hope this helps...

Oh, you have to be using my startbutton mod to have this...
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 02-06-2006, 02:06 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default question about the new Isle

is there a reasoni cant exit the silly Isle speech?

also is there a fix im missing for the /showhood and /hide_illusion buttons on goldies start mod?
Unread 02-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Isle speech doesn't have anything to do with the User Interface to the best of my knowledge.
If you're using the "chat while zoning" mod, that is keeping everyone from seeing the screen during the new intro.

"Goldi's bar" persay isn't in the ThorUI.
If you're using my startbutton and you still have a "hide Illusion" button, this would make me think you haven't updated the ThorUI per the instructions on the ThorUI splash screen and posted here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5546

Be sure to follow those instructions and they should resolve your questions.
Note: /showhood command has an issue on the isle, or atleast it did for the character I created to test all of this. Once off the isle the /showhood command and button worked fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ive Defected
is there a reasoni cant exit the silly Isle speech?

also is there a fix im missing for the /showhood and /hide_illusion buttons on goldies start mod?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 02-07-2006, 06:04 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lightbulb DPS feature

Hi,

First of all I want to thank you for this great UI. I have been using it a while and it keeps getting better.

I recently made a new character and I what is missing for me really is some dps calculator, something that could show me stats for myself and / or group members. I used to have one that worked wonders in EQ1 (of wich I forgot the name) and I haven't seen any for EQ2 (save a player window here on EQ2interface but I don't like it). I think it is something great for melees to have in order to test different settings or subclass differences.

I know you have limited time and if you cannot do it that's fine, it's also just a little suggestion up here that maybe another player would like to code or knows a good one that could work with ThorUI, I do not wish to change my UI
I would do it myself though I have no knowledge at all with coding.

Thanks

Keille
Unread 02-07-2006, 06:40 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

It's impossible to put a DPS tracker into a UI - get a program such as CombatStats.
Unread 02-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Hi Keille,

As Magus stated it's pretty impossible to build this into a UI for EQ2.
It would actually be illegal if I understand SOE's policies correctly.

Combatstats is indeed an excellent application
Another, which has become my favorite is Advanced Combat Tracker:
Available here: http://home.maine.rr.com/eqaditu/ACT/

It's VERY easy to use and all you have to do is start a groupsay in game and press (ctrl-v) to paste the stats in game.

Hope this helps...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thank you both very much, though combatstats is not available it seems anymore
Unread 02-10-2006, 12:49 PM
A Brown Bear

One thing i've noticed since LU 19, is that the HO window is not staying in place, I've moved it whild in combat and locked itbut when I log in again, it goes back to being right by the mob. I wonder if there is a fix to this?

Also, is it possible to put in a couple of other UI mods into the advanced features. I have a couple of suggestions:
Ger's 3/4 horizontal effects and maintained spells
Wildsong's anti clutter raid window

Those are the only specific mods that I can think of now, but anything that can make things more compact would be great (ie. resizable bag icons when the bags are open).

I really enjoy this UI, and greatly appreciate all the time and effort that has been put it.
Unread 02-10-2006, 01:18 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

This is a known problem since LU19. SOE have trouble keeping the default windows in place even.
Unread 02-11-2006, 12:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk
Default Journal

Well since update 19 the journal is different. I love your UI I use it my wife uses it I even got like four of my friends using it now! Is there anyway to get back the journal we had before Update 19? Just curious it had all of the herritage and other goodies in it and now it has nothing?
Unread 02-11-2006, 08:35 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2074
The other features I miss include:

1. the ability to have a 'scratch pad' I can keep notes on within the game (without having to alt-tab out that is). I used to use it to keep notes on players (kinda like a santa's naughty and nice list).
Oh yes please bring back the EQ1 style scratch pad... Oh please please!!!!!

This request rates out of
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykross
Well since update 19 the journal is different. I love your UI I use it my wife uses it I even got like four of my friends using it now! Is there anyway to get back the journal we had before Update 19? Just curious it had all of the herritage and other goodies in it and now it has nothing?
You can still get all the quest info that was in the pre-LU19 quest journal by using the Infocenter mod that was added with the update. Please see http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...25&postcount=3 for further details.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-22-2006, 10:55 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default suggestion crafting window

hi,
as a heavy crafter in the game and an extreme lover of thorui i was hoping for some help. i had the thorui auto updater installed until LU19 at which time due to the crafting window no longer being small i was unable to craft with this UI program and was force to go to another. The problem my wife and i are having is with the thorui when you click on the crafting table it bring up the recipe book with is awesome but it completely covers the screen ane you can not see what is happening. i watch the forge when crafting to see the + or - of each step of the way. with the new update since LU19 i can no longer craft unless i completely rotate my veiw which make it extremely difficult to craft. please know we both want our THORUI back lol can someone advice what we should do or if there in the future will be a different crafting window. we have 3 computers and one still has thor ui on it so we check daily to see if anything has changed and nothing as of LU20. thanks again for THORUI and it developers it is by far the best that we have used and want so bad to come home to our favorite and best UI program

Thoradon 52 Guradian Big Kahuna of the Divine Retribution Guild Mistmoor server.

Guardian Creed "I am first into battle and I must save our parties healer with my life. I must die first if needed to protect their lives. We shall never give nor shall we surrender. Retreat is never an option."
Unread 02-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm working on making a better interface for those who think the new window is too large (about 50% of my users right now)

I'm swamped but plan on having a new version soon.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-22-2006, 08:23 PM
A Coastal Crab

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keille
Thank you both very much, though combatstats is not available it seems anymore
Combat Stats is available from http://csm.shadowydomain.com/

I use it running from a second computer on my network and find it invaluable (along with ThorUI) in playing.
Unread 02-27-2006, 03:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Default 1600 x 1200 window placements

any idea when this might be implemented. Hate to redo the windows when I have to wipe the thor folder.

thanks
Unread 02-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

give me yours and I'll post it

I'd love to upload replacements but with the "windows not saving placement" issue I hate to upload anything that would affect everyone.

The window placements are stored in the EverQuest II directory and shouldn't be affected when deleting the thorui folder.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-28-2006, 07:04 AM
A Griffon

Default Exp Bar w/ Achievement Exp

I know there are experience bars with this released already, but none of them appear to show all the bars at the same time like the one in ThorUI does. Are there any plans to modify/update this?

Unread 03-01-2006, 06:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

Just thought I'd stop in and post a suggestion. The new tradeskill window is nice, but it's also a pain with how huge it is. Think it's possible to maybe make a 75 or 80% sized one? Even if it looks the same, but just smaller. Also, one thing that would be great on it is a toggle button for the examine info of items you make. I hate having to click off the examine windows for everything I make, but want to be able to see it for finished products, just hate the current way of having to do so, would be convenient for there to be a toggle button for it.

Thanks and love the ui. I have probably at least 15 rl friends that play and every one of us use it.
Unread 03-01-2006, 05:39 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobban
Also, one thing that would be great on it is a toggle button for the examine info of items you make. I hate having to click off the examine windows for everything I make, but want to be able to see it for finished products, just hate the current way of having to do so, would be convenient for there to be a toggle button for it.
There is a setting in the game Options (I'm pretty sure it's in the UI section, since it's the most logical place to put it....but not quite sure) which allows the examine window to appear or not to apppear with a successful combine.

Unread 03-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Done
I've only updated the persona and the full XP features.
No plans to add achievement XP to the slim XP feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
I know there are experience bars with this released already, but none of them appear to show all the bars at the same time like the one in ThorUI does. Are there any plans to modify/update this?
Forums

Got Guild?